Once, ask again. Twice, re-word and ask again. Three times? Start a poll.

Is the tax code fair?

• Yes. The tax code in this country is basically fair.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No. The tax code is unfair.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I can't answer without looking stupid.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Who defines what's a fair tax? Sounds like the PATRIOT act and the fairness doctrine- noone can disapprove of such a good name, right?

Fair is treating everyone equally.
O rly? So now you're screaming for equality?

And just how is taking the money a poor man needs to eat because you demand he pay no smaller portion of his earnings than you are taxed of your inheritance or the surplus capital you pocket from his labour fair?

or are we pretending that there's no such thing as marginal utility?

Then stop overtaxing people.

Yeah, I know. I just like posting videos of people trying to make it through tomorrow in The Third World. Gives folks here a new perspective on their perception of their own shitty lives and makes them feel better.

Doesn't make me feel better. Makes me feel ashamed how little we are really doing to help people

And here I was thinkin' that my sarcasm injector was working without a hitch.

My bad.

And just how is taking the money a poor man needs to eat because you demand he pay no smaller portion of his earnings than you are taxed of your inheritance or the surplus capital you pocket from his labour fair?

So the poor man should be left to starve because there are no funds to help the poor and starving children because they can't afford taxes so billionaires shouldn't be taxed either.

Why won't you just admit you want to wipe out the lower tenth and purify the human race?

Who defines what's a fair tax? Sounds like the PATRIOT act and the fairness doctrine- noone can disapprove of such a good name, right?

That's precisely why I suggested a 7% sales tax in conjunction with a "Winners Tax" of 7% on income in excess of $3 million per year.

A simple sales tax, or even a flat tax, is to regressive, and therefore unfair, toward the lower income levels.

:clap2:

(See there T - we're not so far apart, you and I)

That's precisely why I suggested a 7% sales tax in conjunction with a "Winners Tax" of 7% on income in excess of $3 million per year.

A simple sales tax, or even a flat tax, is to regressive, and therefore unfair, toward the lower income levels.

So, basically two tax brackets:
<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

How did you arrive at these numbers?

<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

No, JB.

A general sales tax of 7% on all purchases, both personal and commercial, combined with an income tax of 7% on personal income in excess of $3 million per year.

No corporate income tax. No personal income tax on the first $3 million.

Buy a Ferrari, pay Ferrari tax - buy a 7 year old Ford Fiesta, pay less. (Unless of course, you're stupid enough to pay $135,000 for a 7 year old Ford Fiesta)

Need pens, paper or a copy machine for your business? Pay 7% on the invoice but your business keeps all the income you can generate with those tools and supplies.

No loopholes, no bullshit, no IRS bureaucracy to pay for.

<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

No, JB.

A general sales tax of 7% on all purchases, both personal and commercial, combined with an income tax of 7% on personal income in excess of $3 million per year.

Buy a Ferrari, pay Ferrari tax - buy a 7 year old Ford Fiesta, pay less. (Unless of course, you're stupid enough to pay $135,000 for a 7 year old Ford Fiesta)

Need pens, paper or a copy machine for your business? Pay 7% on the invoice but your business keeps all the income you can generate with those tools and supplies.

Forgo the INCOME TAX. That's part of the problem. It has become a weapon of government for their power...

NO income tax. Flat or FAIR Tax...23% on all purchases. No matter what. People keep thier paychecks. Employers cease being TAX COLLECTORS for the government.

I see one obvious loophole

I get paid 2.9 million/year

the jet, the ferrrari, the mansion, the suits- everything is actually corporate property, you see...

also, I didn't buy them they were gifts from the other companies to enhance business relations.

The money I later put into an account from which they drew it was also a gift- we're chums and he needed a favour

<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

No, JB.

Forgo the INCOME TAX. That's part of the problem. It has become a weapon of government for their power...

NO income tax. Flat or FAIR Tax...23% on all purchases. No matter what. People keep thier paychecks. Employers cease being TAX COLLECTORS for the government.

yes... only regressive taxes that will starve out the lesser classes while ensuring the elites can secure their stranglehold on the nation....

because you're totally against class warfare :rolleyes:

I never asked for short replies, I just to discuss the question I asked.

I believe the code to be unfair. If 75% of Americans agree with me we have a point at which to start. If 75% disagree we also have a starting point - when asking if the rich and the middle classes pay fair shares of the tax burden and the answers sound like a presidential press conference on a day with a -400 Dow, it's frustrating.

You assume that WE need government to be who and what we are.

Another failure on your part.

Tell me how you would live the life you have come to cherish without government.
Please spare us the "all or nothing" straw man argument.
No one said or implied there should be NO government.
The US federal government should operate within the boundaries set by the Framers.

And by your esponse you have nothing rat-boy.

ZERO.

Are you insinuating, jackass, that anarchy would be better than what we've got?

Who said anything of anarchy Gerbil Rancher?

That's right...NO ONE...you ass U me that don't you?

Joe: "Tell me how you would live the life you have come to cherish without government." (Without Government = Anarchy)

Mel Gibson Enthusiast: "One word. Liberty. Simple...No?"

Go ahead, break it down for me.

You assume that WE need government to be who and what we are.

Another failure on your part.

Tell me how you would live the life you have come to cherish without government.
Please spare us the "all or nothing" straw man argument.
No one said or implied there should be NO government.
The US federal government should operate within the boundaries set by the Framers.

We should do everything like the framers!

First! No bitches voting! Then! Get the ******* back in the fields!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSarhZpnMs[/ame]

<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

No, JB.

Could YOU afford a 23% sales tax on everything you buy?

That seems pretty excessive coming from you, T... Don't you think that would be too regressive for folks in the lower income brackets?

Besides, a "Winners Tax" of a flat 7%, applied ONLY to incomes that go over $3 Million in a year would not send your average small and medium sized businesses out hunting accountants to keep records on all those employees who would be affected. Most, if not all, businesses in America would be able to send some of their bookkeeping staff to the unemployment line and use that capital to hire workers to perform more productive (money making) tasks.

Last edited:

<3mil/yr -> 7%
>3mil/yr -> 14%

?

No, JB.

Would food be taxed?

I see one obvious loophole

I get paid 2.9 million/year

the jet, the ferrrari, the mansion, the suits- everything is actually corporate property, you see...

also, I didn't buy them they were gifts from the other companies to enhance business relations.

The money I later put into an account from which they drew it was also a gift- we're chums and he needed a favour

SOMEbody bought them and paid the tax. If you are foolish enough to restrict your earnings to less than $3 million per year to avoid a 7% income tax, you will soon be handing all of your daddy's money over to someone with a more productive view of life.

Moot point.

Forum List

Back