Once again I am ashamed of the Republicans

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
One would think that the Speaker of the House or the Senate majority leader could have showed up in France, but no they did nothing. As for the administration, who expected anything else? I guess Jake Tapper did, now he knows, or should but I am thinking as with all liberals all Obama has to say is something along the line, "GOP House majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacist Confernece" and Tapper will forget all about this incident.

Jake Tapper: I'm ashamed by U.S. leaders' absence in Paris

I say this as an American -- not as a journalist, not as a representative of CNN -- but as an American: I was ashamed.

I certainly understand the security concerns when it comes to sending President Barack Obama, though I can't imagine they're necessarily any greater than sending the lineup of other world leaders, especially in aggregate.

Last edited:
I realize this has been covered in other threads. If the moderators wish to merge OK but I think I took a little different spin.

I've been ashamed of Republicans for some time now. You are a little late. But better late than never eh?

One would think that the Speaker of the House or the Senate majority leader could have showed up in France, but no they did nothing. As for the administration, who expected anything else? I guess Jake Tapper did, now he knows, or should but I am thinking as with all liberals all Obama has to say is something along the line, "gays have a right to marry" and Tapper will forget all about this incident.

I say this as an American -- not as a journalist, not as a representative of CNN -- but as an American: I was ashamed.

I certainly understand the security concerns when it comes to sending President Barack Obama, though I can't imagine they're necessarily any greater than sending the lineup of other world leaders, especially in aggregate.

Remind me... who did the French send after the Boston Marathon bombing?

obama doesn't make an appearance and it's the Republicans fault and gay marriage is involved somehow? Sounds like a retard spewing some hate, who gives a fuck what shames him, he clearly is lost in a world to big to understand.

One would think that the Speaker of the House or the Senate majority leader could have showed up in France, but no they did nothing. As for the administration, who expected anything else? I guess Jake Tapper did, now he knows, or should but I am thinking as with all liberals all Obama has to say is something along the line, "gays have a right to marry" and Tapper will forget all about this incident.

Sorry....it is up to the President to handle foriegn policy.....not Congress......

I've been ashamed of Republicans for some time now. You are a little late. But better late than never eh?

How about them democrats? You feeling pretty good about them?

Remind me... who did the French send after the Boston Marathon bombing?

never take the lead from the French. Was there a big rally in which the President of Jordan showed up?

Sorry....it is up to the President to handle foriegn policy.....not Congress......

I expect Congress to do the right thing if the President refuses to. Holder was already in France it was almost a no brainer.

----------------------------------

obama doesn't make an appearance and it's the Republicans fault and gay marriage is involved somehow? Sounds like a retard spewing some hate, who gives a fuck what shames him, he clearly is lost in a world to big to understand.

I think you missed the point, but OK, have at it.

I changed the OP to avoid such confusion.

Freewill is correct. The fact is the leadership of both parties handled the situation poorly.

Freewill is correct. The fact is the leadership of both parties handled the situation poorly.
YA... THERE YA GO AGAIN, LEFTY... the MUSLIM IN CHIEF embarrasses our entire NATION, because this was an event where LEADERS attended, and you want to blame EVERYBODY...

...pfft...

Holy fuck you are a joke, Fakey... a pathetic little joke.

At this point, ANYONE still left supporting the kenyan is a JOKE!

One would think that the Speaker of the House or the Senate majority leader could have showed up in France, but no they did nothing. As for the administration, who expected anything else? I guess Jake Tapper did, now he knows, or should but I am thinking as with all liberals all Obama has to say is something along the line, "GOP House majority Whip Spoke at White Supremacist Confernece" and Tapper will forget all about this incident.

The responsibility to engage in such events resides with the Secretary of State, not the House speaker.

The Executive branch should have sent someone if the President himself was too busy.
He did. The ambassador to France from the US was there.
Which was shameful. What was Obama or Biden doing that was soooo important they couldnt go?
As for the GOP that is not their responsibility.

The responsibility to engage in such events resides with the Secretary of State, not the House speaker.

True enough. But I equate this to a small fire where the fire department is on strike, I would expect someone else to step up.

The Executive branch should have sent someone if the President himself was too busy.
Which was shameful. What was Obama or Biden doing that was soooo important they couldnt go?

Of course it is not the GOP's responsibility, but it would have been the right thing to do.

Of course it is not the GOP's responsibility, but it would have been the right thing to do.
No. Congress is in session. WHy should anyone from the GOP go, highlighting the president's failure?

No. Congress is in session. WHy should anyone from the GOP go, highlighting the president's failure?

Forum List

Back