On the Day the Battle of Los Angeles is Fought

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
On this day in 1942, the Battle of Los Angeles is fought . . . sort of. Americans were ferociously firing at something that was or wasn’t there! Perhaps the situation was unsurprising? Everyone was on edge. After all, the Japanese had attacked an oil field near Santa Barbara just one day earlier.

Yes, you read that right. A Japanese submarine fired at the California refinery during World War II, less than three months after Pearl Harbor.

It could have been a Japanese spotter plane, it could have been a seagul. But on this night every Air Raid siren and anti aircraft gun in SoCal went off.

image.jpeg

On this day in 1942, the Battle of Los Angeles is fought . . . sort of. Americans were ferociously firing at something that was or wasn’t there! Perhaps the situation was unsurprising? Everyone was on edge. After all, the Japanese had attacked an oil field near Santa Barbara just one day earlier.

Yes, you read that right. A Japanese submarine fired at the California refinery during World War II, less than three months after Pearl Harbor.

It could have been a Japanese spotter plane, it could have been a seagul. But on this night every Air Raid siren and anti aircraft gun in SoCal went off.

View attachment 178869

Huh? You are generally a fairly easy to follow poster, but alas, I am confused. You suggesting some sort of UFO like object came hither across California during WWII, or, is this a movie or other unrelated event?

Nevermind, I figured out how to work google. Thanks for this, I love me some mystery in history.

View attachment 178869

Huh? You are generally a fairly easy to follow poster, but alas, I am confused. You suggesting some sort of UFO like object came hither across California during WWII, or, is this a movie or other unrelated event?
It's a film and it's in the history section....How perplexing it must have been...

There was actually a movie loosely base on that event. But the movie tool place in 1941.

lkmpa11txm101.jpg

The point of the movie was how people lose their good sense when scared. The movie was based on the fear the West Coast exhibited at the time. The actions fearful people take in the movie was based on some real incidents.

Forum List

Back