On Islam

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by pbel, Aug 22, 2012.

1. pbel

pbel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +907
    ...I don't think ANY American including my-self would want to live in an Islamic Country...yet. Islam developed because Semitic religions flourished here. Islam replaced some of the world’s most undeveloped areas economically and politically on earth save sub-Sahara Africa.

It also flourished here because Islam replaced lawlessness where the common man meant nothing...

As in areas where Economic development has occurred like Qatar, Dubai, Morocco, Islam like all other religions before it changed and moderated politically and socially.

Look at Judaism? Can you imagine if it did not have the Western influences Israel lives today...Can you imagine being ruled by the Hassidim, walking around praying all day?

Western thought, not Judaism is the mind-set of world Jewry today.

Israel needs to understand this concept...if she makes peace and trades with her immediate neighbors, the mere Economic changes will mollify the religious attitudes of the area to create a stable peace.

Patience and the onset of Islamic Democracies are a historic opportunity for Israel to negotiate an acceptable peace..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,479
    ISLAM = Vacuous stupidity

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,000
    whoever wrote the above essay has no grasp of history or reality and certainly knows nothing about either islam or judaism or "western civilization"

4. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    It's an interesting article, although I don't really know why it says no American would want to live in an Islamic country.

Sudan wouldn't be my first choice, but Indonesia, Malaysia, Jordan, Turkey, Tuinisia...why wouldn't westerners live there?

Hoss -

If you are going to accuse anything or vacuous stupidity, start with your own post.

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    History has shown that any time two cultures/religions/ideologies come into contact with each other.

Both sides will be modified to some extent.

And adapt those things which it finds to be expedient or beneficial.

This is currently happening before our eyes as Western ideology/culture and Islamic religion/culture interact on the world stage. :cool:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,000

Because all of the countries that you mentioned as a "PREFERENCE" are now slipping into the cosmic cesspool of shariah and oppressive filth------what are you calling a "westerner"? some people are very confused the religions------christianity, judaism and islam are ALL WESTERN RELIGIONS -------very markedly influenced by greek and roman culture which is considered the cradle of WESTERN and even EUROPEAN civilization. What do you like about INDONESIA ? the fact that they murder hindus for the pig "god" in bali------and christians in the mainland? More than ten years ago we ran into a fairly young man who said he was from INDONESIA-------a christian. We asked why he left. He said "THE CHRISTIANS ARE LEAVING" we asked "WHY"? He said "BECAUSE WE WANT TO SURVIVE"

7. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    Both societies of Halach and Shari'a will be bad for freedom, especially for us women.

however, if I have to choose, I will chose the horros I know. I will not bend to the Shari'a even if it killes me.

BTW, there are not yet Islamic democracies. maybe one day there will be

8. patrickcaturday

patrickcaturday Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You are wrong, Turkey is an Islamic Democracy and was before Israel came into existance in 1948

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  9. Lipush

Lipush Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,281
    Turkey, Eh? I bet the people of Kurdistan will agree

10. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Maybe I am mistaken; but didn't the Egyptian people just hold a democratic national election and vote in a new president? :cool: