On Iraq

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Thought this letter from Iraq might be helpful in the discussions on that 'report' about the situation there:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002544.php

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    :clap1:

that is the most important thing i've heard all week. by getting smarter, improving how we act, react and handle problems like this, we're inching our efforts closer to success and the iraqi people closer to peace.

i've heard from others over there who say otherwise, but they tend to focus on the negative (i'm not judging them but they're my friends, they're always negative when they get deployed, precisely because they want to get it over with there or have been in iraq more than once now)

So I applaud this marine officer for looking at the flip side and solidifying his vision of a better iraq with a damn good observation like this above quote.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i once heard that the fighting, attacks and violence (anywhere in the world) is always much worse in the cool-down months after the summer... so any "increased" violence is merely a result of the lazy crazies who didn't want to fight in the heat coming out in the cooler weather and causing trouble (and getting shot up by marines (sorry they're a step above everybody else with boots on the ground on a regular basis, coalition forces and iraqi soldiers)