On being a Cub Scout in Trump's America...

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
Cub Scout Ousted From Den After Asking Politician Tough Questions

"A cub scout in Colorado has been cast out of his den after he asked a state legislator pointed questions about racially charged comments she made about African-Americans in 2013 and a gun bill she co-sponsored.

Ames Mayfield, 11, and other members of his den in Broomfield had a question-and-answer session with state Sen. Vicki Marble (R) at an Oct. 9 meeting. Topics raised by the scouts included
the border wall, fossil fuels, and former President Barack Obama, according to The Denver Post.

Mayfield queried Marble about comments she made during a 2013 hearing on poverty suggesting that mortality rates among blacks were
tied to their consumption of barbecue ribs and fried chicken...."

This is what Trump inspires.

"A cub scout in Colorado has been cast out of his den after he asked a state legislator pointed questions about racially charged comments she made about African-Americans in 2013 and a gun bill she co-sponsored.

Ames Mayfield, 11, and other members of his den in Broomfield had a question-and-answer session with state Sen. Vicki Marble (R) at an Oct. 9 meeting. Topics raised by the scouts included the border wall, fossil fuels, and former President Barack Obama, according to The Denver Post.

Mayfield queried Marble about comments she made during a 2013 hearing on poverty suggesting that mortality rates among blacks were tied to their consumption of barbecue ribs and fried chicken...."

What does Trump have to do with it?

He's at the point of dictating Cub Scout memberships?

Ames Mayfield, 11, and other members of his den in Broomfield had a question-and-answer session with state Sen. Vicki Marble (R) at an Oct. 9 meeting. Topics raised by the scouts included the border wall, fossil fuels, and former President Barack Obama, according to The Denver Post.

Mayfield queried Marble about comments she made during a 2013 hearing on poverty suggesting that mortality rates among blacks were tied to their consumption of barbecue ribs and fried chicken...."

Think of it as an extension of Trump's desire to throttle the press from being combative.

Think of it as an extension of Trump's desire to throttle the press from being combative.

No I think of it as an extension of your poseur political hackery.

I didn't realize Trump was there. For someone who is so stupid he sure is quite the mastermind.

I didn't realize Trump was there. For someone who is so stupid he sure is quite the mastermind.

Let's not forget that the Boy Scouts felt compelled to apologize for his appearance at their event.

Trump is notorious for vicious attacks on those who he feels have offended him, or mistreated him, or criticized him.

Just curious here, as a general question, will this Cub Scout get any support here from the usual RW suspects on USMB?

Let's not forget that the Boy Scouts felt compelled to apologize for his appearance at their event.

Trump is notorious for vicious attacks on those who he feels have offended him, or mistreated him, or criticized him.

Just curious here, as a general question, will this Cub Scout get any support here from the usual RW suspects on USMB?

According to your own logic, Obama is responsible for the shootings of every unarmed black man by the po-po during his administration.

Wrong that is far left inspired as you support fascism.

You're obfuscating! The boy scouts crowd cheered Trump. The Anti-Trump Boy Scout official is the one who apologized for political reasons.

Some background. Marble made headlines in 2013 at a legislative hearing on poverty. On the question of mortality rates among African-Americans, Marble said: “When you look at life expectancy, there are problems in the black race. Sickle-cell anemia is something that comes up. Diabetes is something that’s prevalent in the genetic makeup, and you just can’t help it.

“Although I’ve got to say, I’ve never had better barbecue and better chicken and ate better in my life than when you go down South and you, I mean, I love it,” Marble said. “Everybody loves it.”

What is not true about that statement?

Sickle cell exists. Diabetes is prevalent. Traditional Southern cooking is not particularly healthy.

Looks like a matter of "if the shoe fits, wear it."

According to your own logic, Obama is responsible for the shootings of every unarmed black man by the po-po during his administration.

Remember when the black kid who became semi-famous for criticizing Obama got booted from Facebook?

Probably not, since it was the Scout's parents who used him as a proxy, and they seem to be as dimwitted as other Democrats.

Some background. Marble made headlines in 2013 at a legislative hearing on poverty. On the question of mortality rates among African-Americans, Marble said: “When you look at life expectancy, there are problems in the black race. Sickle-cell anemia is something that comes up. Diabetes is something that’s prevalent in the genetic makeup, and you just can’t help it.

“Although I’ve got to say, I’ve never had better barbecue and better chicken and ate better in my life than when you go down South and you, I mean, I love it,” Marble said. “Everybody loves it.”

Sickle cell exists. Diabetes is prevalent. Traditional Southern cooking is not particularly healthy.

So you believe that disagreeing with your assessment of the statement should be sufficient grounds to get kicked out of the Cub Scouts?

Remember when the black kid who became semi-famous for criticizing Obama got booted from Facebook?

Are you referring to this kid who got punished by your left wing extremist brethren in Silicon Valley for criticizing the Big O? Not really sure why you would want to bring that up. Doesn't exactly shed a good light on folks like you.

12-year-old’s Facebook page locked after YouTube clip questions President Barack Obama’s love of country | Political Insider blog

So you believe that disagreeing with your assessment of the statement should be sufficient grounds to get kicked out of the Cub Scouts?

Shrug. Up to the Scouts. It's a private organization.

I have no dog here. I would not put a child in the current Scout organization. They have been compromised by lunatic Left.

Are you referring to this kid who got punished by your left wing extremist brethren in Silicon Valley for criticizing the Big O? Not really sure why you would want to bring that up. Doesn't exactly shed a good light on folks like you.

12-year-old’s Facebook page locked after YouTube clip questions President Barack Obama’s love of country | Political Insider blog

He was locked out for being underage.

Forum List

Back