OMG! The Book Ban Story is True!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja

Dec 30, 2006
Glorious People's Republic of California
And sorry libtards, the book banner ain't Sarah Palin :D

Chicago radio station WGN-AM is again coming under attack from the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for offering airtime to a controversial author. It is the second time in recent weeks the station has been the target of an "Obama Action Wire" alert to supporters of the Illinois Democrat.

Monday night's target was David Freddoso, who the campaign said was scheduled to be on the station from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Chicago time.

"The author of the latest anti-Barack hit book is appearing on WGN Radio in the Chicagoland market tonight, and your help is urgently needed to make sure his baseless lies don't gain credibility," an e-mail sent Monday evening to Obama supporters reads.

"David Freddoso has made a career off dishonest, extreme hate mongering," the message said. "And WGN apparently thinks this card-carrying member of the right-wing smear machine needs a bigger platform for his lies and smears about Barack Obama -- on the public airwaves."

More: Obama vs. WGN-AM -- chicagotribune.com

How Rethuglican of Obama:clap2:

Ninjatard, this isn't book banning. You really are looking for anything.

Just say you hate Obama and the left. At least then you would be honest.

She tried to get the librarian to ban books in the fukking public library Ninjatard. See the difference? Probably snot.:cuckoo:

Ninjatard, this isn't book banning. You really are looking for anything.

Just say you hate Obama and the left. At least then you would be honest.

She tried to get the librarian to ban books in the fukking public library Ninjatard. See the difference? Probably snot.:cuckoo:

no, she didn't.
repeating it doesn't make it true.
it's good to know that you favor intimidating others from using their rights and approve of your candidate doing it.
it's a good thing McCain doesn't do this or the Kirkster would be in a dank basement somewhere.

keep telling yourself it's okay

no, she didn't.
repeating it doesn't make it true.
it's good to know that you favor intimidating others from using their rights and approve of your candidate doing it.
it's a good thing McCain doesn't do this or the Kirkster would be in a dank basement somewhere.

keep telling yourself it's okay

Don't tell me you believe her inquiry was just "hypothetical".... :doubt:

Without any actual evidence, why would you believe it isn't? You're a lawyer aren't you, innocent until PROVEN guilty and all that?

with no evidence to the contrary, that's exactly what i believe. she was mayor for long enough that if she intended to ban books or try to ban books, it would have happened, IMO.

i know that Obama's campaign has twice "shouted" this author down with email storms to radio stations in a major city.
are you okay with that?

Last edited:
with no evidence to the contrary, that's exactly what i believe. she was mayor for long enough that if she intended to ban books or try to ban books, it would have happened, IMO.

i know that Obama's campaign has twice "shouted" this author down with email storms to radio stations in a major city.
are you okay with that?
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/12/mccain-camp-defends-palin-book-banning-inquiry/E]This is from your FOX News
\

it's not my fox news, it's rupert murdoch's.
i've already read what factcheck.org had to say about the matter.

that pretty much settles it for me, but thanks anyway.

are you okay with that?
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/12/mccain-camp-defends-palin-book-banning-inquiry/E]This is from your FOX News
\

*laughs* you know Luissa with as many times as I have been accused of owning Fox news , I still have not gotten a paycheck yet. You think I need to call HR? j/k

It is only good when it is bashing the Republicans or Bush. Otherwise, everything is off-limits to the Democrats. Imagine if Bush used campaign money to give a mistress a job and then lie to the public. Imagine the outrage he would have gotten.

*laughs* you know Luissa with as many times as I have been accused of owning Fox news , I still have not gotten a paycheck yet. You think I need to call HR? j/k
Probably! If you are the owner I want to know where the color coded levels of danger went.I really miss those!

are you okay with that?

should he allow someone to defame him?

As for Palin...this is from freep.com, the most far right site I could think of....

Taylor Griffin, a spokesman for the McCain campaign, said Thursday that Palin asked the head librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, on three occasions how she would react to attempts at banning books. He said the questions, in the fall of 1996, were hypothetical and entirely appropriate. He said a patron had asked the library to remove a title the year before and the mayor wanted to understand how such disputes were handled.

Records on the city’s Web site, however, do not show any books were challenged in Wasilla in the 10 years before Palin took office.

Palin notified Emmons she would be fired in January 1997 because the mayor didn’t feel she had the librarian’s “full support.” Emmons was reinstated the next day after public outcry, according to newspaper reports at the time.

Still, one longtime library staffer recalls that the run-in made everyone fear for their jobs.

“Mayor Palin gave us some terrible moments and some rather gut-wrenching moments, particularly when Mary Ellen said she was going to have to leave,” said Cathy Petrie, who managed the children’s collection at the time.

Recent outrage has been fueled by Wasilla housewife Anne Kilkenny, whose 2,400-word critique of Palin’s legacy as mayor is widely posted on the Internet. Kilkenny described Palin’s actions as “out-and-out censorship.”

But the McCain campaign, in a statement, said the charge “is categorically false ... Governor Sarah Palin has never asked anyone to ban a book, period.”

Emmons, a former Alaska Library Association president who now goes by Mary Ellen Baker, did not return calls seeking comment.

According to the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman newspaper, Emmons did not mince words when Palin asked her “how I would deal with her saying a book can’t be in the library” on Oct. 28, 1996, in a week when the mayor had asked department heads for letters of resignation.

“She asked me if I would object to censorship, and I replied ’Yup’,” Emmons told a reporter. “And I told her it would not be just me. This was a constitutional question, and the American Civil Liberties Union would get involved, too.”

The Rev. Howard Bess, a liberal Christian preacher in the nearby town of Palmer, said the church Palin and her family attended until 2002, the Wasilla Assembly of God, was pushing to remove his book from local bookstores.

Emmons told him that year that several copies of “Pastor I Am Gay” had disappeared from the library shelves, Bess said.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080912/NEWS15/80912038

1. Palin makes "inquiry" about how the librarian would react to being asked to "remove" books.

2. Librarian says "no way jose" and tells sarah that not only would she object, but the ACLU would get involved.

3. In trying to explain that it was only "hypothetical", the Mccain camp says that she was only asking because a complaint about a book had been made the year before.

4. Records show NO such complaint (that means the mccain campaign's nose is growing... :eusa_liar: )

5. Sarah fires the librarian. (gee...i'm shocked, aren't you?)

6. Wasilla goes wild... sarah reinstates librarian.

7. Sarah just happened to want some liberal pastor's books off the shelves...

So, conclusion, if you're waiting for "proof" like for Sarah to say "yeppers, I tried to ban books", that isn't going to happen.

But based on the above, I'd say you have more than enough proof to draw the conclusion that she tried to ban books. And if you believe it was merely "hypothetical", then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. :eusa_angel:

it's not my fox news, it's rupert murdoch's.
i've already read what factcheck.org had to say about the matter.

that pretty much settles it for me, but thanks anyway.
Wait, didn't you hear, Karl Rove says factcheck.org isn't true. There's no truth in truth these days.

should he allow someone to defame him?

As for Palin...this is from freep.com, the most far right site I could think of....

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080912/NEWS15/80912038

1. Palin makes "inquiry" about how the librarian would react to being asked to "remove" books.

2. Librarian says "no way jose" and tells sarah that not only would she object, but the ACLU would get involved.

3. In trying to explain that it was only "hypothetical", the Mccain camp says that she was only asking because a complaint about a book had been made the year before.

4. Records show NO such complaint (that means the mccain campaign's nose is growing... :eusa_liar: )

5. Sarah fires the librarian. (gee...i'm shocked, aren't you?)

6. Wasilla goes wild... sarah reinstates librarian.

7. Sarah just happened to want some liberal pastor's books off the shelves...

So, conclusion, if you're waiting for "proof" like for Sarah to say "yeppers, I tried to ban books", that isn't going to happen.

But based on the above, I'd say you have more than enough proof to drawn the conclusion that she tried to ban books. And if you believe it was merely "hypothetical", then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. :eusa_angel:

you make a nice hypothetical case, but I see a substantive difference between making the librarians nervous in Wasilla and flooding a major radio station with phone calls and emails because you don't like an author's opinion.

I also don't find the lack of documentation for the supposed complaint about a book, the year before she took office, in Wasilla particularly convincing.
the fact is there is no record of her trying to ban specific books; effectively, Obama's done that......twice.

I'm all set for bridges, BTW.;)

you make a nice hypothetical case, but I see a substantive difference between making the librarians nervous in Wasilla and flooding a major radio station with phone calls and emails because you don't like an author's opinion.

I also don't find the lack of documentation for the supposed complaint about a book, the year before she took office, in Wasilla particularly convincing.
the fact is there is no record of her trying to ban specific books; effectively, Obama's done that......twice.

I'm all set for bridges, BTW.;)

It's not a hypothetical case, though since it's based on the facts that even freep saw fit to publish. It may be more circumstantial than you'd like, but people get convicted of crimes based on circumstantial evidence every day.

And thing is, you have to apply logic to these questions... what "hypothetical" reason would sarah have had to ask about banning books?

just my feeling on the subject...

fair enough re the bridge, brooklyn is nice this time of year.:D

and obama hasn't tried to "ban" books... he's tried to stop the loonies from swiftboating him.

It's not a hypothetical case, though since it's based on the facts that even freep saw fit to publish. It may be more circumstantial than you'd like, but people get convicted of crimes based on circumstantial evidence every day.

And thing is, you have to apply logic to these questions... what "hypothetical" reason would sarah have had to ask about banning books?

just my feeling on the subject...

fair enough re the bridge, brooklyn is nice this time of year.:D

and obama hasn't tried to "ban" books... he's tried to stop the loonies from swiftboating him.

I can't find anything about this pastor or his books on factcheck and that's my go-to on this kind of stuff.

I'm really not comfortable with preemptive strikes on people's freedom of speech because I might think they're loonies, swiftboaters,whatever. Let them speak and then deal with them.

Forum List

Back