Omar’s 9/11 comments expose hypocrisy on both sides

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sakinago, Apr 15, 2019.

1. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Was Omar’s “some people did something,” comments on 9/11 a little too flippant considering the subject matter? Yes, for sure. In conjunction with her other worrying comments and leanancy towards actual ISIS terrorists, it is concerning. But in all honesty, the rights reaction to it does seem inproportionate. To me, this comment is on the same level as Trumps “bad people on both sides comment” during Charlottesville.

They are both cringeworthy comments. Yet, die hard trump supporters gave him a pass, and weren’t at all critical enough. On the other end of the spectrum the left is not only not critical of Omar, they’re actually calling fair criticism of Omar’s comments “incitement of violence”. Which is bat shit crazy.

I truly wish that political commentary and discussion would happen on a higher intellectual level than what is currently is. I want the Sam Harris Vs Ben Shapiro type of debate. Instead, the level of discussion I see is AOC vs Trump. I feel like this just kind of shows you how powerful the dying mainstream media still is. No one is watching, but they seem to still have a good amount of sway over the narrative. The narratives that attract eyes are AOC and Trump.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47,074
    :clap: Yep.

In both cases, the individual swerved into dangerous territory, instantly realizing that they had to be careful not to piss off their base. So they awkwardly stumbled through some clumsy words and said something dumb.

Then, of course, their sycophants awkwardly stumbled into a transparent and feeble defense of their hero.

It's almost unfair pointing out how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be. It's just so damn easy, and there's just so damn much material to work with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Snouter

Snouter Can You Smell Me

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,094
    Wasn't Charlottesville a legal, First Amendment right to assemble by folks who felt that historical statues not be removed and a group of savage "atfifata" or whatever the domestic terrorists call themselves started a riot of some kind? How can you compare that with Muslim terrorists attacking Manhattan causing the death of thousands of Americans and costing billions of dollars, not to mention the following wars? Once again we see TDS is a mental disease.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,124
    There is no excuse for Omar's 9/11 comment.

Even yours!!! :rock:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,480
    You’ve been had by the liberal media. There was nothing wrong with Trump’s Charlottesville comments. Trump explicitly condemned racists and nazis in the same comment. Not all the people against taking down the statues were racists or nazis.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BuckToothMoron

BuckToothMoron Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,578
    You may wish for intelligent and meaningful debate, but that takes effort and it doesn’t provide good headlines. The vast majority of Americans don’t want to spend their time reading and researching abpout politics and policy.......but they all get a chance to vote, don’t they.

7. whitehall

whitehall Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,385
    The dirty little secret about Charlottesville is that the "bad people" were invited, sanctioned, bussed and supported by the democrat governor and the State Police were ordered to stand down. Comparing Omar's flippant comments about the tragedy of over 3,000 lives lost on 9-11 to freaking Charlottesville is beyond comprehension.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,480
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,130
  10. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    Charlottesville wasn’t just some folks. It was stupid white supremacists, one of which ran his car through a crowd and killed somebody. Ya just proved the point of this thread, so thanks for that. Trump made a dumb comment that was deflecting blame from people that are human garbage. All trump had to do was say the white supremacists are assholes that no-one likes. All Omar had to say was that came out wrong, I didn’t show enough reverence to 9/11, my bad.