Omar’s 9/11 comments expose hypocrisy on both sides

sakinago

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
Was Omar’s “some people did something,” comments on 9/11 a little too flippant considering the subject matter? Yes, for sure. In conjunction with her other worrying comments and leanancy towards actual ISIS terrorists, it is concerning. But in all honesty, the rights reaction to it does seem inproportionate. To me, this comment is on the same level as Trumps “bad people on both sides comment” during Charlottesville.

They are both cringeworthy comments. Yet, die hard trump supporters gave him a pass, and weren’t at all critical enough. On the other end of the spectrum the left is not only not critical of Omar, they’re actually calling fair criticism of Omar’s comments “incitement of violence”. Which is bat shit crazy.

I truly wish that political commentary and discussion would happen on a higher intellectual level than what is currently is. I want the Sam Harris Vs Ben Shapiro type of debate. Instead, the level of discussion I see is AOC vs Trump. I feel like this just kind of shows you how powerful the dying mainstream media still is. No one is watching, but they seem to still have a good amount of sway over the narrative. The narratives that attract eyes are AOC and Trump.

Was Omar’s “some people did something,” comments on 9/11 a little too flippant considering the subject matter? Yes, for sure. In conjunction with her other worrying comments and leanancy towards actual ISIS terrorists, it is concerning. But in all honesty, the rights reaction to it does seem inproportionate. To me, this comment is on the same level as Trumps “bad people on both sides comment” during Charlottesville.

They are both cringeworthy comments. Yet, die hard trump supporters gave him a pass, and weren’t at all critical enough. On the other end of the spectrum the left is not only not critical of Omar, they’re actually calling fair criticism of Omar’s comments “incitement of violence”. Which is bat shit crazy.

I truly wish that political commentary and discussion would happen on a higher intellectual level than what is currently is. I want the Sam Harris Vs Ben Shapiro type of debate. Instead, the level of discussion I see is AOC vs Trump. I feel like this just kind of shows you how powerful the dying mainstream media still is. No one is watching, but they seem to still have a good amount of sway over the narrative. The narratives that attract eyes are AOC and Trump.
:clap: Yep.

In both cases, the individual swerved into dangerous territory, instantly realizing that they had to be careful not to piss off their base. So they awkwardly stumbled through some clumsy words and said something dumb.

Then, of course, their sycophants awkwardly stumbled into a transparent and feeble defense of their hero.

It's almost unfair pointing out how similar the two ends of the spectrum can be. It's just so damn easy, and there's just so damn much material to work with.

Wasn't Charlottesville a legal, First Amendment right to assemble by folks who felt that historical statues not be removed and a group of savage "atfifata" or whatever the domestic terrorists call themselves started a riot of some kind? How can you compare that with Muslim terrorists attacking Manhattan causing the death of thousands of Americans and costing billions of dollars, not to mention the following wars? Once again we see TDS is a mental disease.

There is no excuse for Omar's 9/11 comment.

Even yours!!! :rock:

You’ve been had by the liberal media. There was nothing wrong with Trump’s Charlottesville comments. Trump explicitly condemned racists and nazis in the same comment. Not all the people against taking down the statues were racists or nazis.

You may wish for intelligent and meaningful debate, but that takes effort and it doesn’t provide good headlines. The vast majority of Americans don’t want to spend their time reading and researching abpout politics and policy.......but they all get a chance to vote, don’t they.

The dirty little secret about Charlottesville is that the "bad people" were invited, sanctioned, bussed and supported by the democrat governor and the State Police were ordered to stand down. Comparing Omar's flippant comments about the tragedy of over 3,000 lives lost on 9-11 to freaking Charlottesville is beyond comprehension.

Wasn't Charlottesville a legal, First Amendment right to assemble by folks who felt that historical statues not be removed and a group of savage "atfifata" or whatever the domestic terrorists call themselves started a riot of some kind? How can you compare that with Muslim terrorists attacking Manhattan causing the death of thousands of Americans and costing billions of dollars, not to mention the following wars? Once again we see TDS is a mental disease.
Charlottesville wasn’t just some folks. It was stupid white supremacists, one of which ran his car through a crowd and killed somebody. Ya just proved the point of this thread, so thanks for that. Trump made a dumb comment that was deflecting blame from people that are human garbage. All trump had to do was say the white supremacists are assholes that no-one likes. All Omar had to say was that came out wrong, I didn’t show enough reverence to 9/11, my bad.

Trump made objectively stooooopid comments. Sorry folks, he did.

And also, Omar is not POTUS; she does not command the attention, the bully pulpit, the power, nor the authority that Trump does.
Comparing apples to oranges (pardon the pun)

Trump meant there were normal folks there seeking to save the statues and normal folks wanting them to be removed. White Supremacists and Antifa clouded the event.

And also, Omar is not POTUS; she does not command the attention, the bully pulpit, the power, nor the authority that Trump does.

You would vote for her if she ran. Right, tattle tale?

Charlottesville wasn’t just some folks. It was stupid white supremacists, one of which ran his car through a crowd and killed somebody. Ya just proved the point of this thread, so thanks for that. Trump made a dumb comment that was deflecting blame from people that are human garbage. All trump had to do was say the white supremacists are assholes that no-one likes. All Omar had to say was that came out wrong, I didn’t show enough reverence to 9/11, my bad.

Trump's Charlottesville comments was in my opinion, one of the greatest moments of his presidency. Instead of taking the easy route and jumping on the "white man bad" bandwagon, he was more thoughtful and condemned the troublemakers on both sides of the protest. That took guts and I'm certain his neocon advisers were appalled.

If the alt-right "white supremacists" are human garbage, what are the antifa "communist revolutionaries"?

Fine people?

Progs live by exact wording that may not mean anything. You have destroyed people with your English venacular crap that every word has a meaning. For decades you have done this. Clinton spending twenty minutes using exact language on "defining sex" after he got a blow job is a perfect example and acceptable to you. Trump is not going to much further then a few seconds of locker room talk saying "grabbing pussy" is guilt for being a man. There are women protesting Trump because of politics for that who have started new sexual diseases. They have to be sprayed down with new chemicals from the CDC.

Progs live by exact wording that may not mean anything. You have destroyed people with your English venacular crap that every word has a meaning. For decades you have done this. Clinton spending twenty minutes using exact language on "defining sex" after he got a blow job is a perfect example and acceptable to you. Trump is not going to much further then a few seconds of locker room talk saying "grabbing pussy" is guilt for being a man. There are women protesting Trump because of politics for that who have started new sexual diseases. They have to be sprayed down with new chemicals from the CDC.

AmericKKKa is a nation of law.

Law is written in extremely exacting wording.

Seems you hate the law & your nation.

You say things like AmericKKK and then tell us you’re a patriot.

You say things like AmericKKK and then tell us you’re a patriot.

So, what is your point? Oh; you don't have one.

You would vote for her if she ran. Right, tattle tale?

You need to take your stalking & your trolling with your "tattle tale" bull shit & shove it up your ass, boi.

Stay on topic. Would you vote for her for POTUS if she ran. Yes or No? Thank you.

Tattle tale

Forum List

Back