Olympic musings....

FJO

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2012
Just North of the 49th
Since the "SPORTS" forum seems to be living a life of a zombie, I put my musings here, since the Olympic Games are current events.

First of many of my musing: If there is beach volley ball, why is there no beach basket ball?

Then: Why is there no Beach weight lifting?

And: Why is there Synchronized diving? And why are there White Water events? Can you imagine the cost of moving tons and tons of water just for the thrill of of it? Don't the organizers of this event have any respect for Mother Earth?

Seems to be one of the most blah Olympics ever.

Maybe the games have jumped the shark?

Seems to be one of the most blah Olympics ever.

Maybe the games have jumped the shark?

I guess it is boring because the triple medalists are not ONLY American.

Maybe boring because the medals/population of country does not indicate that America is the greatest?

Why is Hungarian triple gold medal winner Katinka Hosszu is ignored by the media, while admired and adored by dope smoker Michael Phelps?

Would you be willing to tell me where exactly you are coming from? Your intelligent observations evoke my curiosity about your natal background.

What country is most successful in the Olympic Games, based on the medals won per population?

United Sates? China? Russia? none of above?

Why is Hungarian triple gold medal winner Katinka Hosszu is ignored by the media, while admired and adored by dope smoker Michael Phelps?
American press idiot. GFY.

I am sorry.

I thought that in Olympic coverage excellence is acknowledged regardless of nationality of the competitor and regardless of nationality of press. I guess you don't recall the American press going gaga over Soviet girl Olga Korbut or Romanian girl Nadia Comanici. Or for that matter anyone, any nationality, who won three gold medals in less than a week. If I were like you I would tell you I would be like you and call you an idiot and tell you GFY.

But I don't sink to your level.

More Olympic musing:

Why is golf in the Olympics? Do Olympic golfers carry their own bags or are they pussies like the so called pros who need a real person like caddy to exhibit their stuff when their own selves are hardly worth a Chevy??

Would you be willing to tell me where exactly you are coming from? Your intelligent observations evoke my curiosity about your natal background.

Let me be the first of the four participants on this forum that I would be willing to tell you where I exactly am from.

Let me be the first of the four participants on this forum that I would be willing to tell you where I exactly am from.

I suppose you have something else to tell me.
Would you like to respond to this post as you have so responded to my previous post?

Would you like to respond to this post as you have so responded to my previous post?

Where I am from or who I am is of no consequence. In this thread we are discussing the Olympic Games.

More Olympic musings: There are four different methods of competing in forward motion subject to racing in swimming. How come there are only TWO, namely running and walking in athletics?

Let skipping and hopping be Olympic sports!! After all, beach volley ball and white water canoeing are.

Where I am from or who I am is of no consequence. In this thread we are discussing the Olympic Games.

Apparently I am not part of your "we" then, since you cannot disclose to me anything about yourself.

Are you even able to tell me the relevant distinction between the different people who participate in the Olympic Games through different ways? From observers, to competitors, from sponsors to trainers?

Can you tell the difference of possible causes and consequences in any Olympic event so a significant discussion is ensued that is truly about the Olympic Games and not simply a loose fabrication of your "reserved person"?

Apparently I am not part of your "we" then, since you cannot disclose to me anything about yourself.

Are you even able to tell me the relevant distinction between the different people who participate in the Olympic Games through different ways? From observers, to competitors, from sponsors to trainers?

Can you tell the difference of possible causes and consequences in any Olympic event so a significant discussion is ensued that is truly about the Olympic Games and not simply a loose fabrication of your "reserved person"?

Maybe you should have started by saying: "I am from ...... " and take it from there. Not that I care from where you are and neither should you care from where I am. maybe you should learn to speak for and about yourself before to demand the same from others,.

I have been on this forum for several years and many a times I declared where my countries - old and new - are, proudly..

Pay attention and learn.

Maybe you should have started by saying: "I am from ...... " and take it from there. Not that I care from where you are and neither should you care from where I am. maybe you should learn to speak for and about yourself before to demand the same from others,.

I have been on this forum for several years and many a times I declared where my countries - old and new - are, proudly..

Pay attention and learn.

I am not making any demands.
Your words suit you, and yet they also suit me.

So how are your countries also not mine? It's a simple gesture of hospitality, since you have been here for a longer period of time.
You don't want to leave unexpectedly, do you?

Forum List

Back