Older man shoots and kills young guy

Damn! This is messed up!

The shootee was still standing in a menacing stance when the shootist shot him.

Thank heavens for security video.

The person shot was backing up. Backing away when he was shot. The threat, if there ever was one, was gone. It was not a justified shooting. Shooting someone should require more than the pussy shouting afterwards I was afraid. The shooter wanted revenge. He felt he was wronged in the parking, it offended him. He started shouting and the murdered man moved to defend his family. If anyone was standing his ground against a threat, it was the man who was shot and killed.

I’d find the shooter guilty of murder based upon that video alone.

Damn! This is messed up!

The person shot was backing up. Backing away when he was shot. The threat, if there ever was one, was gone. It was not a justified shooting. Shooting someone should require more than the pussy shouting afterwards I was afraid. The shooter wanted revenge. He felt he was wronged in the parking, it offended him. He started shouting and the murdered man moved to defend his family. If anyone was standing his ground against a threat, it was the man who was shot and killed.

The shooter actually said and I quote..."I was in fear of my life" that is what must be the case when you kill someone in self defense. They are saying this shooting falls under the stand your ground law. Seems more like self defense to me though they are both related. If the shooter wanted revenge it was for being shoved to the ground nor for the parking violation. Anyhow you are all confused about this.

But I do expect now the shooter will be charged...it has just come out the victim is black. Move over George Zimmerman--you got company.

The guy had no reason to shove the guy like that but it isnt worth killing the guy over it. Had the guy continued to be aggressive sure,shoot the dumbass.
Get the plate number and file assault charges.
I agree; however, I think the older white dude was out of line in the beginning the way he was fussing at complete strangers (I assume) like he did for parking in a handicap parking place. Right or wrong, the guy doing the shoving probably felt like he was protecting his family.

Sometimes when stupid meets stupid, really bad things happen.
I would have minded my own business, unless I was handicapped and needed that lane.

We are not told if the old guy was or was not.

Never a good idea to confront strangers over anything in a big city where there are so many crazies running around. It would be interesting to know the background of both.

Too many seniors get shoved around by younger guys...perhaps that was the reason the old fellow was carrying a weapon...In a state where it can be legal to have a concealed weapon folks should think twice before starting something...regardless of what your target may appear to be....trayvon thought George Zimmerman would be a easy target and if he had not had his weapon he would have been....same scenario in this case...the guy rushes out of the store imediately sizes up the old fellow...looked harmless and old...hell...I will just shove him to the ground...that will teach him. yeh right....remember this if you ever find yourself in florida.

Too many yankees come down here with bad attitudes.
It is not a felony to tell someone they are breaking the law.

It is a felony to shove someone onto the ground.

While there is indeed a "measured response" requirement for gun owners who legally carry concealed, in this case if I were the judge or jury I would say it was a justified shooting.

And whether the perp felon dies or not is up to God not man.
It is not a felony to shove some one to the ground in and of it's self! Felony lies in the damage done! Wrong on both sides the kid should not have shove the old man down, likely kid should not have been shot. The old man could have feered for his life though which caused the shot! Glad I am not the judge in this case! I lean toward the old mans side with what I know though!

It is a whole new ball game now, it has been revealed the victim was black and they are protesting already. Look for a reversal in this case. The shooter will most likely be charged now as the media is salivating already, finding out the victim was black. It will be headline news tomorrow. All of the alphabet media will be on the scene, stirring things up.

Damn! This is messed up!

The shooter actually said and I quote..."I was in fear of my life" that is what must be the case when you kill someone in self defense. They are saying this shooting falls under the stand your ground law. Seems more like self defense to me though they are both related. If the shooter wanted revenge it was for being shoved to the ground nor for the parking violation. Anyhow you are all confused about this.

But I do expect now the shooter will be charged...it has just come out the victim is black. Move over George Zimmerman--you got company.

I don’t care if the shooting victim was purple with green polka dots. The law is that the shooter must be reasonably afraid. Reasonably. The action is not just the shooting, but how they got there. The reasonable person would not stop to scream, shout, and threaten someone for parking in a handicap spot. The reasonable person would not have threatened others with the same fate. So the idea that he was afraid, and that was reasonable is absolute rubbish. It is a lie. It is an excuse. He wanted drama, and he got it.

The person standing their ground was the victim. They moved to defend their family against a threat. That is reasonable. If someone came and started shouting at my wife, I’d step between them, wouldn’t anyone? I’d tell them to back off, and if they got in my face, I’d shove them back. That is reasonable.

The thug in this case is the madman with the gun who was out looking for a chance to shoot someone. The bad guy in this case was the idiot who thought that the gun and the law gave him the right to shoot anyone. Honestly, If I had been there and witnessed this, I’d have pulled my pistol on the moron who had just shot an unarmed man who was backing away. Because if he is going to shoot someone who is backing away and defending his family from an unwarranted attack, he is liable to shoot everyone there.

Damn! This is messed up!

Coming from inside the store to assault a man in the parking lot, from his blind side... Is in no way a case of stand your ground. But by all means try using that one in RL should the opportunity arise...
And for the record, and as the video clearly shows; the man with the gun is the victim. He was assaulted by a punk who went for a cheap shot. Likely because he felt "disrespected" or some such bullshit.

The reasonable person would not stop to scream, shout, and threaten someone for parking in a handicap spot. The reasonable person would not have threatened others with the same fate. So the idea that he was afraid, and that was reasonable is absolute rubbish. It is a lie. It is an excuse. He wanted drama, and he got it.

Investigators and eyewitnesses said there was no threats.

There are a lot of lies posters here keep perpetuating in hopes of keeping their narrative alive, hoping it gives their alternate version of what happened some credence.

in most states, I thought you can only use equal force, necessary force/proportional
To lawfully assert a self-defense claim, the physical force used by the defendant must be reasonable and proportional to the threat they faced. In addition, for self-defense to apply, the threat must be immediate.
Everything You Should Know about Self Defense in AZ | Tobin Law Office

unjustified if:
  • If the actor provoked the other's use of unlawful force, UNLESS the actor abandons or clearly communicates his or her intent to abandon the encounter and the other continues to use force against the actor.
Texas Self Defense Laws -FindLaw

There are a lot of lies posters here keep perpetuating in hopes of keeping their narrative alive, hoping it gives their alternate version of what happened some credence.

Lies?

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago.

Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.

Video shows deadly shooting over parking spot at Clearwater convenience store

Really? The gun toting idiot was threatening people there all the time. That means he was not reasonable, or responsible. A person who carries a weapon takes responsibility for their safety, and the safety of their families. Excellent. I’m all behind that. But that responsibility also means you don’t go around threatening people. You don’t start incidents hoping to have an excuse. That is where reasonable ends.

Someone is perpetrating lies, and what do you know, it is the racist jackass with the white power symbol. Now, here is the dirty little secret. Everyone knows that this idiot is a lunatic who will instigate and then shoot someone. So when does a black guy pull his gun and shoot him, perhaps after starting an argument? I hope it happens soon. Drejka is a thug. Worse than any of the folks at that gas station including anyone who might have robbed it. He like you, thinks that tough is all about the gun. He is nothing but a punk coward. Almost certainly just like you.

Lies?

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago.

Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.

Really? The gun toting idiot was threatening people there all the time. That means he was not reasonable, or responsible. A person who carries a weapon takes responsibility for their safety, and the safety of their families. Excellent. I’m all behind that. But that responsibility also means you don’t go around threatening people. You don’t start incidents hoping to have an excuse. That is where reasonable ends.

Someone is perpetrating lies, and what do you know, it is the racist jackass with the white power symbol. Now, here is the dirty little secret. Everyone knows that this idiot is a lunatic who will instigate and then shoot someone. So when does a black guy pull his gun and shoot him, perhaps after starting an argument? I hope it happens soon. Drejka is a thug. Worse than any of the folks at that gas station including anyone who might have robbed it. He like you, thinks that tough is all about the gun. He is nothing but a punk coward. Almost certainly just like you.
The case isnt about me. It’s about the facts. Which I can discuss. Yet you seem unable to. Hence your choice to shift the conversation to your personal opinions, and ideas about me. Which are irrelevant to the subject.
And “yes”, “lies”... which you don’t seem to be in short supply of... But feel free to continue to share your feelings with the board. I’m more interested in facts.

Lies?

The case isnt about me. It’s about the facts. Which I can discuss. Yet you seem unable to. Hence your choice to shift the conversation to your personal opinions, and ideas about me. Which are irrelevant to the subject.
And “yes”, “lies”... which you don’t seem to be in short supply of... But feel free to continue to share your feelings with the board. I’m more interested in facts.

I posted the quote and the link. The lunatic has been there before threatening people with death for parking in the handicapped space. That means it was not reasonable fear, he was an instigator. There are more than one witness of that. Yet, you ignore them. Why? Is it because it doesn’t fit your version of events?

I have no doubt that you would feel the death of a Priest was justified if he was black. So your history, and beliefs do come into this, because all you see is what you desire, another dead black man. Anything that causes that is perfectly fine in your perverted mind.

But I posted the link, and the quote. You ignored those, because you don’t want to deal in reality, or truth. You want to see dead Blacks. I’m white, and I detest scum like the jackass, and you.

in most states, I thought you can only use equal force, necessary force/proportional
To lawfully assert a self-defense claim, the physical force used by the defendant must be reasonable and proportional to the threat they faced. In addition, for self-defense to apply, the threat must be immediate.
Everything You Should Know about Self Defense in AZ | Tobin Law Office

unjustified if:
  • If the actor provoked the other's use of unlawful force, UNLESS the actor abandons or clearly communicates his or her intent to abandon the encounter and the other continues to use force against the actor.
Texas Self Defense Laws -FindLaw

I see a lot of incorrect comments regarding self defense. Too many make incorrect assumptions and do not know the law of self defense which is pretty much the same all over the nation.

However in some states you must flee or retreat if someone attacks you if it is possible to do so without putting yourself in further jeopardy. In Florida and other states with the stand your ground law you are not required to flee.

Here is The Florida Law on Self Defense:

 "A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.  A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be."

Last edited:

Lies?

I posted the quote and the link. The lunatic has been there before threatening people with death for parking in the handicapped space. That means it was not reasonable fear, he was an instigator. There are more than one witness of that. Yet, you ignore them. Why? Is it because it doesn’t fit your version of events?

I have no doubt that you would feel the death of a Priest was justified if he was black. So your history, and beliefs do come into this, because all you see is what you desire, another dead black man. Anything that causes that is perfectly fine in your perverted mind.

But I posted the link, and the quote. You ignored those, because you don’t want to deal in reality, or truth. You want to see dead Blacks. I’m white, and I detest scum like the jackass, and you.
Leave your personal baggage at the door. It has no relevance.
Nor do his prior utterances at others in the past. Which at this point is only hearsay. To be relevant in this moment portrayed on film, woman in the car would have to be privy to these accounts in order for them to have any relevance to her, in the moments captured on film. And there is nothing to suggest that was the case. More damning still to the claim that she felt threatened, is the fact that she felt safe enough to exit the “safety” of her vehicle, and approach the victim. That is not the action of a scared woman. Especially when her children are in that vehicle.
But the final nail in the coffin of the lie many keep perpetuating, is the eyewitness testimony. No one... Including the woman herself ever make any claim that the victim threatened her, or anyone else relevant to this incident.
So if you want to talk about your feelings go see a shrink. If you want to discuss facts... I’ll be here.

Last edited:

Lies?

Nonsense you do not know or understand the law of self defense. *see above'. The shooter did nothing wrong regarding his confrontation of the woman over their violation of the handicap parking space. He was merely talking to her. This term 'instigation' you bring up has no legal relevancy in this case. You are simply letting your prejudicial emotions get the best of you as many like you also did in the trayvon case. Remember what the jury ruled? Case closed. Stop spreading misinformation and attempting to agitate people. The law is the law...anyone tempted to assault a stranger should remember that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon in Florida with a permit. Remember that before you try to assault some ole dude who looks harmless. He might have a pistol in his pocket.

Lies?

Leave your personal baggage at the door. It has no relevance.
Nor do his prior utterances at others in the past. Which at this point is only hearsay. To be relevant in this moment portrayed on film, woman in the car would have to be privy to these accounts in order for them to have any relevance to her, in the moments captured on film. And there is nothing to suggest that was the case. More damning still to the claim that she felt threatened, is the fact that she felt safe enough to exit the “safety” of her vehicle, and approach the victim. That is not the action of a scared woman. Especially when her children are in that vehicle.
But the final nail in the coffin of the lie many keep perpetuating, is the eyewitness testimony. No one... Including the woman herself ever make any claim that the victim threatened her, or anyone else relevant to this incident.
So if you want to talk about your feelings go see a shrink. If you want to discuss facts... I’ll be here.

Applauding. Exactly you nailed it.

Lies?

It is legal to have a concealed weapon in Florida if you have a permit. The shoot had a permit. You are the one that sounds like a racist. Really pisses you off when a white man kills some black dude that has assaulted him. There is no evidence the shooter threatened anyone. You say 'everyone knows' that is just heresay. You have no evidence whatsoever the shooter is a lunatic or mentally unbalanced and even if he is that is not relevant in this case. No one would have gotten shot if the black dude had not assaulted the white guy. When the black dude attacked the white guy he sealed his fate. Everyone should learn a lesson from that. Do not assault people and risk getting shot in a state where many,many people carry legal concealed weapons. Not rocket science. Do not be stupid.

Damn! This is messed up!

Ridiculous...such nonsense. I hope you are smarter than you sound. Folks like you that get all inflamed and emotional because a black dude assaulting a innocent man are simply racist. If it had been a older black man that shot the guy you would hear nary a peep. You want to make a racist incident out of it fine. That is your problem. The black dude did start to back up a lil when he saw the white guy whip out a pistol but it all happened very quickly and the shooter most likely did not even note the guy took a step back. Too bad for the black dude. If the black dude had put his hands up that might have been a signal to the white guy he was willing to stop and posed no further threat. If the shooter wanted revenge for anything it would been for being knocked to the ground. He did not pull out his pistol until he was knocked to the ground. Try and use some common sense and try and attempt to understand the law of self defense. BTW shouting is not a crime and it is no excuse for someone to assault you even if you are shouting which there is no evidence that the shooter was shouting and even if he was that is irrelevant to the case. The black dude simply had no legal right to assault the white guy. Case closed.

Damn! This is messed up!

Coming from inside the store to assault a man in the parking lot, from his blind side... Is in no way a case of stand your ground. But by all means try using that one in RL should the opportunity arise...
And for the record, and as the video clearly shows; the man with the gun is the victim. He was assaulted by a punk who went for a cheap shot. Likely because he felt "disrespected" or some such bullshit.

Yes, exactlyl. The black dude had been arrested for assault before. Guess he could not control his temper.

Forum List

Back