Oklahoma bans the 10 commandments

If the Ten Commandments are part of the Quran, would these Sharia law enthusiasts not be in violation of their own religion? Maybe the part about "Thou shall not kill"?
The correct translation of the Hebrew in the Bible is: "Thou shall not murder".

The Quran is also against murder. :cool:

what happens to muslims who murder?
Under Islamic law a person can receive the death penalty for murder.

Basically the same as in the U.S.

Except, the inmate doesn't set around 20 years on appeals while waiting on execution. :doubt:

The 10 commandments are part of sharia law?? Really? :lol: Oh yeah, surely they are....I remember these two commandments....don't you?

The 9th commandment: Thou shalt chop off the cock of all homosexuals and let them bleed to death. Or you can stone them. Either way, they must be killed.

The 10th Commandment: Thou shalt feel free to rape any woman you want, they are property, chattel. A camel is worth more than a woman.

Gays and women are so beloved in Islam!! It is a religion of peace and tolerance. :cuckoo:
I don't believe you can find any religion--from Judaism to Buddhism--that doesn't frown on homosexuality. And some of the "Christians?" in the US seem to devote their whole lives to making life miserable for gays, including beating them up. It's just that our court system doesn't allow you to hide your hatred under "religious beliefs". I suppose that could also change if some zealots get their way and get the US declared to be a Christian country. Then, unfortunately, a type of Christianity that most of us do not adhere to, would be in play. Women also wouldn't be safe, because the OT also calls for the stoning of adulterers.

The Ten Commandments are overrated anyway

Really? I see them more as a good guideline for keeping the human race alive.

The first 3? Remember who God is and be respectful and don't create idols.

Thou shalt not murder? God wanted all of us to live.

Thou shalt not steal? God knows that if you do, someone will murder you.

Thou shalt not commit adultery? If you do, the SO will want to murder you.

Thou shalt not bear false witness? If you lie about something, you could get murdered.

Thou shalt not covet? If you covet your neighbors stuff, you may consider stealing or murder to get it.

Honor thy mother and father? Your parents brought you into this word, they can take you out.

Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy? If you don't take time off once in a while to talk to God, you may end up killing yourself. Ever heard of stress?

Nope, sorry.......the 10 Commandments are a pretty good set of rules to follow.

No...when God was handing down the Commandments, he was not having one of his better days

1. "I am the Lord thy God..." Keep it, that should have covered all his "worship me or I will be pissed commandments"
2. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" Petty, not worthy of a commandment...even the catholics ignore this one
3. "Do not take the name of the Lord in vain" God damn it....does anyone take this one seriously any more? A "Don't call me names" commandment is petty
4. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy" details on how to worship, you should be holy every day, not just the Sabbath
5. "Honor your father and mother" Good one, but god does not go far enough. What about taking care of your kids? Honoring your wife? If a father beats you, should you honor him?
6. "Thou shall not kill" Keeper
7."Thou shall not commit adultery" Good one, now we are talking
8. "Thou shall not steal" Another good one
9. "Thou shall not bear false witness" Keeper
10 "Thou shall not covet" He was going so good and then he works another petty one in there

What should have made the top 10 and didn't??

1. Slavery- Moses led the Jews out of slavery and then God does not even include slavery in the commandments
2. Assault- I would rather have my neighbor covet my goods than beat the shit out of me
3. Torture- Jesus really would have appreciated this one as a commandment
4. Something about prejudice and bigotry would be nice
5. Thou shall not make fun of Gods commandments on message boards!

Last edited:
Peace loving Muslims just want to behead the filthy unbelieving infidels, what is so wrong with that? Surely you can understand the need for religious purity, right? Islam is a peace loving religion that is responsible for only 99% of terrorist acts in the world today, surely they cannot be to blame. It is the Jews and Christians who are to blame. Surely you cannot blame the religion of peace, love, and tolerance for the acts of violence that they perpetrate in the name of Allah?
religion-of-peace.jpg

Peace loving Muslims just want to behead the filthy unbelieving infidels, what is so wrong with that? Surely you can understand the need for religious purity, right? Islam is a peace loving religion that is responsible for only 99% of terrorist acts in the world today, surely they cannot be to blame. It is the Jews and Christians who are to blame. Surely you cannot blame the religion of peace, love, and tolerance for the acts of violence that they perpetrate in the name of Allah?
religion-of-peace.jpg

There are millions upon millions of muslims who do NOT participate or condone these actions by a relative few zealots--but you know that--you just are too prejudiced to admit it. We have a few "Christian" nuts in the US too--you know the ones--that feel perfectly justified in killing abortion doctors and beating up gays. Then there was that nitwit in Florida who almost caused an international incident by encouraging everyone to burn Korans. Real Christian of him! But still, that doesn't make all Christians evil either.

religion-of-peace.jpg

There are millions upon millions of muslims who do NOT participate or condone these actions by a relative few zealots--but you know that--you just are too prejudiced to admit it. We have a few "Christian" nuts in the US too--you know the ones--that feel perfectly justified in killing abortion doctors and beating up gays. Then there was that nitwit in Florida who almost caused an international incident by encouraging everyone to burn Korans. Real Christian of him! But still, that doesn't make all Christians evil either.

The difference being that we as a nation of laws track them down, try them and throw them in prison. We police our own and put an end to them when they act out.

religion-of-peace.jpg

Personally, I think all religions are kinda silly, but Islam is responsible for almost all of the terrorist acts in the world today. I have a problem with that.....sorry if that offends you.

religion-of-peace.jpg

Gee, Zander

I get the impression you think the 1.5 billion Muslims of the world are nothing but terrorists.

If they were, none of us would be around

Back on topic.

I believe that this law will be repealed by the higher Courts.

I believe it won't. Here is the crux of state question 755, "It makes courts rely on federal and state law when deciding cases. It forbids courts from considering or using international law. It forbids courts from considering or using Sharia Law." It simply says that Oklahoma courts must rely on state and federal law and may not rely on law outside of that. Why would a higher court repeal the state constitution requiring state courts to use state law and federal law?

Back on topic.

I believe it won't. Here is the crux of state question 755, "It makes courts rely on federal and state law when deciding cases. It forbids courts from considering or using international law. It forbids courts from considering or using Sharia Law." It simply says that Oklahoma courts must rely on state and federal law and may not rely on law outside of that. Why would a higher court repeal the state constitution requiring state courts to use state law and federal law?

Where was it ever written that they could consider religious law in their decision? Where have US courts ever allowed international law to supercede our laws?

Legislating something that already does not exist

Last edited:
Back on topic.

Where was it ever written that they could consider religious law in their decision? Where have US courts ever allowed international law to supercede our laws?

Yet......and we want to keep it that way. England has already recognized Sharia law and courts. If it can happen there, it could happen elsewhere. Where was it written that they couldn't? Just closing a possible loophole.

Last edited:
Back on topic.

Women Against Shariah: Shariah In New Jersey: Muslim Husband Rapes And Abuses Wife, Judge Initially Considered Actions In Accordance With Islam

religion-of-peace.jpg

Gee, Zander

I get the impression you think the 1.5 billion Muslims of the world are nothing but terrorists.

If they were, none of us would be around

Why would you think that? Everyone knows that all Muslims are a peaceful, tolerant, fun loving people that love nothing more than a good beheading of a few filthy infidels, the amputation of the testicles and penis of a homosexual, or the stoning to death of a young girl who has sex out of wedlock. It's all in the name of Allah!! So, what's not to love??

realislam.jpg

If the Ten Commandments are part of the Quran, would these Sharia law enthusiasts not be in violation of their own religion? Maybe the part about "Thou shall not kill"?

They do believe they shouldnt kill.

Forum List

Back