Ok .... what in the hell happened at AOL

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
We welcome all of you previous AOL members, that have joined today. But what in the hell happened over there at AOL? Did they get a "government bailout" or did they "sellout"? ... if they did by who and/or whom and/or whatever:confused:

lol :D

We welcome all of you previous AOL members, that have joined today. But what in the hell happened over there at AOL? Did they get a "government bailout" or did they "sellout"? ... if they did by who and/or whom and/or whatever:confused:

lol :D

They Nationalized the site

Still waiting to hear what "Nationalized" means from one of you new AOL, members :confused:

From what I read in another thread, they are closing down the threads possibly on October 31 and going with a blog format.

From what I read in another thread, they are closing down the threads possibly on October 31 and going with a blog format.

Thanks, Robert. I hope they get settled in soon! lol Ya know what it's like when you get "new neighbor's"? Ya just kinda "check them out" for a few days - before you take over the Brownies and Hot Chcolate! :tongue:

We have a great board here ... I think Shattered said it best .... "This is not AO-HELL" ;) (sumptin like that & I think it was her) :confused:

...... We are all one happy family, ( well - most of us are) /snicker :D comfortable under Gunny's command! Ohhhhh Rah!!!!! :eusa_angel:

Thanks, Robert. I hope they get settled in soon! lol Ya know what it's like when you get "new neighbor's"? Ya just kinda "check them out" for a few days - before you take over the Brownies and Hot Chcolate! :tongue:

We have a great board here ... I think Shattered said it best .... "This is not AO-HELL" ;) (sumptin like that & I think it was her) :confused:

...... We are all one happy family, ( well - most of us are) /snicker :D comfortable under Gunny's command! Ohhhhh Rah!!!!! :eusa_angel:

First, I think you mean Whoo-ah :lol:

Second, I know what you mean. We are one big happy psycho family at each other throats (for the most part). :D.

Second, I know what you mean. We are one big happy psycho family at each other throats (for the most part). :D.

We didn't take the news aol would be closing down the messageboards too seriously, until many over the past few days have been closed. AOl announced publicly, it would be closing down it's personal journals, chat, and all Hometown features.... Message boards don't technically belong in this, but who knows? In the mean time, many of us have been on the same boards over there for over 10 years! The average poster has been there at least 3 or so.. years. So we are tight knit, INCLUSIVE, but we also have our trolls, which might find a better home here...(just kidding of course) :razz:

LOL ... I guess my Devil Dawg son ... taught me to say it wrong! lol

Psycho? There is only a couple of us, (me included), that have earned that title! shhhhh :eusa_shhh: lol

LOL ... I guess my Devil Dawg son ... taught me to say it wrong! lol

Psycho? There is only a couple of us, (me included), that have earned that title! shhhhh :eusa_shhh: lol

Hey, I've earned that title too thank you! :eusa_hand: :lol:

Well I assume it's Whoo-ah. Saying it like that sounds so much better too. :D

We didn't take the news aol would be closing down the messageboards too seriously, until many over the past few days have been closed. AOl announced publicly, it would be closing down it's personal journals, chat, and all Hometown features.... Message boards don't technically belong in this, but who knows? In the mean time, many of us have been on the same boards over there for over 10 years! The average poster has been there at least 3 or so.. years. So we are tight knit, INCLUSIVE, but we also have our trolls, which might find a better home here...(just kidding of course) :razz:

Ut oh! :eusa_shifty: We eat trolls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! :lol: Welcome aboard! :D

Forum List

Back