Ok, I'd vote for Obama over Santorum

Yeah, that's stupid as sh1t. From both a practical and intel perspective.
At this point, the only two candidates on the stage I would vote for are Herman Cain or Mitt Romney. And Cain's out. So it's either Romney or Obama. Like being offered the choice between boiled pig's feet and boiled monkey butt. Either way the reaction is "Yuck!"

Why is Cain out?

Well, I actually like Cain best now. But face it. America would never elect a black president.

HA!

I think your're picking up on the latest progressive talking point floating out there. Cain isn't just black, he "acts" black. He "sounds" black.

That said, he's an accomplished businessman with sterling credentials in Mathematics and economic issues. He's got the stuff, IMO.

Santorum said that he'd reinstate DADT if he got elected.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

Remind me again who Santorum served with?............

It doesn't matter. He's a bout two months away from being toast.

Yanno? That's exactly what I yelled at the TV. It scared my wife.

"Who the fuck did he serve with?"

Yeah, this guy is not preferable to the current shitty leader we have.

Fucking vagina thinks he knows something about warriors.

He's a little bitch boy that doesn't know the muzzle from the stock.

And I am a fucking liberal.

I don't really care about the DADT thing. It was bad policy from the onset. It probably had to be implemented for the "baby steps" process, but forcing a soldier to lie about their orientation is a fucking insult.

If they are willing to carry a rifle through Baghdad or Waziristan, they should be able to sleep with whoever the fuck they want.

What I do care about are these fuckers who only care about their own power acting like they know something about the military. They don't. I don't think the president has to have been a veteran to run the military. Not at all. I just get annoyed when some guy with soft hands acts like his own social conservative hang ups are a major issue for military readiness.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

i would vote for RDean over Santorum.....

"Any type of sexual activity has no place in the military."

This comes as shocking news to me. I guess my wife and I didn't get the whole "abstinence while in the military policy".

Santorum would probably blow an aneurysm is he heard some of the stories from the military. Hell, my favorite soldier dissapeared on his two week block leave after we got back and spent the entire time (and his combat pay) on a hooker. He said it was worth every penny.

I like how he thinks he knows something about the military. The military exists to fight, fuck, drink, rinse, wash, and repeat.

Santorum is that kind of goody-too shoes fucking pussy that soldiers hate. He'd be lucky to make it through a barracks alive.

I'd like to see that motherfucker die of a fucking heart attack during a 12 mile forced road march.

Yeah, I said it.

I've got plenty of issues with liberals who see little need for a strong military. I have no use for conservatives who advocate policies that deliberately hamstring the mission.

Yanno? That's exactly what I yelled at the TV. It scared my wife.

"Who the fuck did he serve with?"

Yeah, this guy is not preferable to the current shitty leader we have.

Fucking vagina thinks he knows something about warriors.

He's a little bitch boy that doesn't know the muzzle from the stock.

And I am a fucking liberal.

I don't really care about the DADT thing. It was bad policy from the onset. It probably had to be implemented for the "baby steps" process, but forcing a soldier to lie about their orientation is a fucking insult.

If they are willing to carry a rifle through Baghdad or Waziristan, they should be able to sleep with whoever the fuck they want.

What I do care about are these fuckers who only care about their own power acting like they know something about the military. They don't. I don't think the president has to have been a veteran to run the military. Not at all. I just get annoyed when some guy with soft hands acts like his own social conservative hang ups are a major issue for military readiness.

Me too. Hence my thoughts and this thread.

There is more female rape, bigotry and misogyny in the US military than anything else.

Anyone who says that sex lives shouldn't be in the military is either smoking something or simply full of it.

It's all about sex in the military.

Santorum is a pile of Santorum.

He doesn't want sex and talk of sexuality out of the military by reinstating DADT. He wants to put homosexuals back underground and at risk of getting discharged by reinstating DADT.

Pretend DADT still existed. It's Friday after lunch and three male soldiers have just arrived back to their workcenter.

The following quick conversation takes place:

Soldier A: Hey what are you guys doing this weekend?

Soldier B: My wife and I are going to the beach Saturday with the kids then football all day Sunday.

Soldier C: My boyfriend and I are probably going to stay in tonight and then maybe get some yard work done Saturday or do some shopping.

Both soldiers revealed their sexuality to the group but only of them will be discharged for it.

I don't like the fact that we are having to change Military policy for a group of immoral people who are only less than 10% of the American population. I agree with Santorum and I actually think homosexuals should be purged from the military. The military doesn't need distraction nor does it need its morale degraded.

Last edited:

He was afraid to serve. It might have turned him gay.

I don't like the fact that we are having to change Military policy for a group of immoral people who are only less than 10% of the American population. I agree with Santorum and I actually think homosexuals should be purged from the military. The military doesn't need distraction nor does it need its morale degraded.

Married with foreign port girlfriends is immoral too. Shall we kick out a few hundred thousand folks on that basis? The rule is still on the books.

Nothing is sacred in today's politics.

People and their lives are just so much grist for the propagandists.

Hell, when we have prominent politics willing to cut off FEMA help for natural diasters just to score political CRED?

Man, we are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY beyond the end of empire event horizon

You realize that repealing DADT was entirely a political issue pushed by the Left and radical gays with an agenda, right? The military was fine with the way things were.
Santorum is right: it was social engineering.
Regardless, repealing it was the right thing to do. If someone is willing to fight and die for their country, the government should not be concerned about their sexual preference.

OK, so you admit it was a piece of social engineering and had nothing to do with the military's ability to fulfill its mission. But that's OK because "justice" or whatever over rides petty considerations of military morale and preparedness.
That's at least the most honest answer I've seen here.

Actually, the military was not "fine" with the way things were. Thousands of linguists were discharged or left the military due to DADT. The military still has an extreme shortage of linguists.

How does pushing those folks out serve the mission?

Non-sequitur of the evening.
Please show where the military establishment wanted DADT repealled.

Please show me the relevance, and why should we listen to the "military establishment?"

Um, because the military establishment has been appointed to insure the well functioning of the military so anything that effects that ought to be very important? Or do you think every citizen is a general?

Married with foreign port girlfriends is immoral too. Shall we kick out a few hundred thousand folks on that basis? The rule is still on the books.

Except we aren't talking about a reg that isn't enforced. Deflection.

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

If it is irrelevant, nobody should have been discharged for it.

DADT never applied to heterosexuals now did it? If heterosexuals had to live with the draconian restrictions of DADT, you might have a point...but they didn't so you don't.

Well, thanks to the LAST Congress and President Obama, it's not an issue anymore. Now sexual orientation IS irrelevant.

Thanks President Obama!

Non-sequitur of the evening.
Please show where the military establishment wanted DADT repealled.

Please show me the relevance, and why should we listen to the "military establishment?"

Um, because the military establishment has been appointed to insure the well functioning of the military so anything that effects that ought to be very important?

You need to check the roles of the military again. They are given a mission, they are not given autonomy.

Or do you think every citizen is a general?

That's a false choice. Of course every citizen isn't a general.

Isn't not a deflection. Doesn't matter, the policy is gone. Santorum is wrong and we won't have to see where his dumb logic leads us.

Um, because the military establishment has been appointed to insure the well functioning of the military so anything that effects that ought to be very important?

You need to check the roles of the military again. They are given a mission, they are not given autonomy.

Or do you think every citizen is a general?

That's a false choice. Of course every citizen isn't a general.

Yes, they are given a mission. And they are asked what they need to accomplish that mission. This is why they submit requests for different weapons programs, why they maintain their own courts and justice system, their own regs etc etc.
Thanks for proving that. Individual conduct is the purview of the military. That Congress over-rode that authority proves that this is nothing more than social engineering and feel-goodism. It certainly has nothing to do with military readiness.

Isn't not a deflection. Doesn't matter, the policy is gone. Santorum is wrong and we won't have to see where his dumb logic leads us.

Of course it is a deflection. The debate isn't about wives in foreign ports. It is about fudge packers in the military. It matters because the law could be changed back, and Santorum made his position clear.

Forum List

Back