Ok, I'd vote for Obama over Santorum

I don't like the fact that we are having to change Military policy for a group of immoral people who are only less than 10% of the American population. I agree with Santorum and I actually think homosexuals should be purged from the military. The military doesn't need distraction nor does it need its morale degraded.

Oh, the irony.

Hey, bitch-boy, was your pogue ass ever on the line?

In my book, a person's sexual orientation doesn't make them "immoral", their personal beliefs (i.e. being a racist) does.

Santorum said that he'd reinstate DADT if he got elected.

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

I'd vote for a cadaver over Obama!!!

Santorum would require service men and women to lie. This goes against what the military stands for.
While heterosexuals display pictures of their spouses and discuss holiday plans, a homosexual is forced, by DADT, to lie.

They don't have to lie. THey don't have to say anything. THey don't have to serve either.

You've still failed to prove why your moral bigotry should be enforced. Good luck with that.

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

If DADT applied equally to all service members you would be right

But when some service members can display pictures and talk about their lives with their partners and others can't you have injustice

I gotta say that I hate everything about Obama's economic policies, but the military has always had gay servicememembers. Witch hunts for gays only reduces the capability of our fighting forces. I was never a fan of the activist elements pushing for the "rights" to serve in the military, but I don't think it's a good strategy to kick out trained capable warriors for what they do on liberty.

Santorum calls the repeal of DADT "social engineering" and injecting social policy into the military mission. No, he's the one injecting social policy into the military mission. He's the one practicing social engineering.

To be fair, Santorum was always marginal to me. On economic policy he's clueless. He's not a leader for shit, and he waffles. But using the military for political purposes to the extent of reducing our capabilities? That's horseshit.

I'd vote for a cadaver over Obama!!!

Actually I am sorry I replied at all to this lame post. Please don't respond.

Well it is social engineering...

It is only forcing individuals to accept what they deem to be "unnatural."

In what universe is it ok to shove ideas down anothers throat?

Progressives are no better than the religious nuts they claim to despise...

Santorum is unelectable for any position......the Presidency is a fantasy

I agree with Santorum. Sexual preference is irrelevant to military service. Keep your personal lives to yourself.

DADT isn't keeping your personal life to yourself. It's actively hiding who you are...which straight soldiers aren't made to do.

Saying it's irrelevant means you think that straights and gays should be treated the same way.

^^^^^
that

What kind of cruelty is it to make someone go off to war and not allow him to talk about his loved ones back home? Not share stories about who is waiting for him? Or if he does, actively make sure he changes the pronouns so that he doesn't out himself?

Making gay service members lie or cut themselves off from loved ones .... how cruel. That's some fierce patriotism for them to put up with that all these years and I am glad they finally can put a picture of their loved one by their bed and not be discharged for it.

So a serviceman shouldn't talk about his wife? At all? Ever?

Hey, there is no place for that touchy feely things Amelia. We have a war to exercise. Can't let nothin get in the way of sheer destruction for destruction's sake.

Personal shit can wait and then we may think about it or go crazy trying to justify our actions with being human.

So a serviceman shouldn't talk about his wife? At all? Ever?

Hey, there is no place for that touchy feely things Amelia. We have a war to exercise. Can't let nothin get in the way of sheer destruction for destruction's sake.

Personal shit can wait and then we may think about it or go crazy trying to justify our actions with being human.

Oh, my bad. :cool: Thanks for setting me straight! :razz:

I don't like the fact that we are having to change Military policy for a group of immoral people who are only less than 10% of the American population. I agree with Santorum and I actually think homosexuals should be purged from the military. The military doesn't need distraction nor does it need its morale degraded.

Married with foreign port girlfriends is immoral too. Shall we kick out a few hundred thousand folks on that basis? The rule is still on the books.

Yup. And anyone with an STD out.

No sex until your enlistment is over. Period. :lol:

Why should anyone be forced to accept anything they don't agree with?

What makes the pro-gay groups any different from the Nazi's??

You are still allowed to hate anyone you wish

You just can't force your views on other people. That would make you a Nazi

why are you so stupid?

Who are you? Pol Pot?

Manufacture your own society like people are "the sims?"

What makes your social ideas so fucking great?

You claim not to hate yet you hate those you claim hate...

So how are you any better than those who allegedly "hate."

Santorum said keep your sexuality to yourself whether you are homosexual or heterosexual and it shouldn't be part of the military.

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with Basic Allowance for Quarters (Dependent Rate) for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean Santorum wants the military to do away with paying to transport military wives as part of permanent change of station orders and eliminate the additional weight allowance for Civilly Married members of the Armed Forces without children?

Does that mean that Santorum wants to bar Military Weddings in military Chapels and by military Chaplains?​

I mean if you are going to say keep sex (as in sexual orientation) out of the military, then should Santorum support removing all aspects of sex from the military in terms of it's functioning.

So who is getting the "special privileges" in the military? Homosexuals simply because they can now serve or heterosexuals that are compensated thousands of dollars per year in addition income?

>>>>

You are still allowed to hate anyone you wish

You just can't force your views on other people. That would make you a Nazi

You're the one forcing views..........

I'm not the one legislating that one be tolerant......

Progressives demand that I neglect my faith for them...

Who the fuck are you to request that???

Forum List

Back