Oink!

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
China just blinked and Trump just smiled. Seems the Chi-Coms have a swine flu epidemic killing their pigs and are hurting since pork is over 70% of their diet. The price of pork in China is skyrocketing. Since pigs' diet consists mostly of soy meal, the Chinese are also hurting for soy beans......Hey leftist swine....getting the picture? So they abandoned their tariffs on American pork and soy beans and have ordered their importers to buy American. But wait....didn't lefty tell us they would simply shift to other suppliers like Argentina or Brazil??????? China just blinked and Trump just smiled. :icon_lol:

giphy.gif

China blinks in trade war as pork prices spiral out of control

• Banned
I'm happy for the farmers...no better people. I was born and raised in the heartland and still smile when I'm stuck behind a combine or tractor when visiting home. It's a country life traffic jam

My granny had 80 acres of original homestead in the middle of Michigan. I remember a farmer asking me how much I weighed when I asked if I could ride his cow. I said "60 pounds" and he said "hop on". :lol:

Her land was in soil bank after my grampa died but she had about 10 acres of woods in the back of the farm we could play in. The barn was full of old hay and she worried about a bum who would sleep in there on occasion. My mom sold the farm after granny passed. I always wanted to turn it into a drive-in theatre but her mind was made up.

I'm happy for the farmers...no better people. I was born and raised in the heartland and still smile when I'm stuck behind a combine or tractor when visiting home. It's a country life traffic jam

My granny had 80 acres of original homestead in the middle of Michigan. I remember a farmer asking me how much I weighed when I asked if I could ride his cow. I said "60 pounds" and he said "hop on". :lol:

Her land was in soil bank after my grampa died but she had about 10 acres of woods in the back of the farm we could play in. The barn was full of old hay and she worried about a bum who would sleep in there on occasion. My mom sold the farm after granny passed. I always wanted to turn it into a drive-in theatre but her mind was made up.

My mother has it now but my grandfather had a 210 acre farm...about 10 acres of woods that he willed is never to be touched. I'll honor that as my mother has.

Fantastic hunting on it, deer, quail, pheasant, rabbit, squirrel...our sons have bonded with their dad there.

China isn't imposing ADDITIONAL retaliatory tariffs on soybeans and pork. They've already got something like 25-30% tariffs on them from the June round of gotchas. That China is even willing to buy is an indication they're pretty desperate, which is good, but let's not make too much out of it yet.

th

Every fall like clockwork.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

In the barn at my mom's there is a 1952 Allis Chalmers WD.

Many people want it but it's not for sale. It's taken out twice a year for local festivals

China isn't imposing ADDITIONAL retaliatory tariffs on soybeans and pork. They've already got something like 25-30% tariffs on them from the June round of gotchas. That China is even willing to buy is an indication they're pretty desperate, which is good, but let's not make too much out of it yet.

They need it....we have it. Why would they increase tariffs?

Many people want it but it's not for sale. It's taken out twice a year for local festivals

th

My father started out on his farm with a Little C. He stayed with Alis Chalmer most of his life. He talked about using horses when he was still working for his father.

*****SMILE*****

th

My father started out on his farm with a Little C. He stayed with Alis Chalmer most of his life. He talked about using horses when he was still working for his father.

*****SMILE*****

When I was very small my grandpa had an old John Deere..we called it putt putt because that's what it sounded like lol.

Fond memories.

My understanding is they were considering FUTURE tariffs and now don't dare. Further, them putting tariffs on a crop that hasn't yet been harvested is a ploy since the futures market wholesalers will sell to the highest bidder. Why would they tariff an item and then buy all they can get their hands on? A million metric tons....WOW!

They raise al kinds of pigs in NC and other States. The Chinese should give the breeders a call.

I agree. I'm just pointing out that China already has substantial tariffs on US soybeans and pork from June. China was going to impose more as retaliation for additional ones imposed by us Sept. 1 (well, supposed to be imposed but Trump's putting it off).

They don’t need pork

They have plenty of dogs and cats

They raise al kinds of pigs in NC and other States. The Chinese should give the breeders a call.

A NYTimes story said they've culled (shot and buried) over a million hogs to stop the swine flu. What the world hasn't considered is what happens if America starts weaponizing our food production.....everything else pales by comparison...people gotta eat.

I agree. I'm just pointing out that China already has substantial tariffs on US soybeans and pork from June. China was going to impose more as retaliation for additional ones imposed by us Sept. 1 (well, supposed to be imposed but Trump's putting it off).

link?

They need our pork and soy beans. Now we control the game in that arena

Forum List

Back