“Oil Spills Aren't Disasters – The Earth Absorbs Them”

Some posters to this thread have not an ounce of brain. You are a complete moron if you deny the ill effects of oil spills on marine life. Can't you get with reality and have a rational thought? LaBrea Tar Pitts aren't like dozens of BP spills every year. Not even close. LaBrea exists in all three states according to your post, and one being a completely landlocked one. Really? Did you miss grade school all together, or did your education simply end there because the teachers couldn't advance you onto the next grade? Absolutely stupid!

Do you understand the geographical diff between La Brea California, the California coast and the Gulf of Mexico? The La Brea comment was addressing Frigid about his ridicule of "natural" petroleum leaks at the surface. The OTHER TWO are marine areas subject to a LOT of natural oil oozing..

Did you read the link from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute about the magnitude of natural ocean floor seeps and how nature attempts to handle those discharges? Of course ya didn't..

THEY say the NATURAL oil seepage off the coast of California amounts to MANY Exxon Valdez spills..
Go fuck with them about their knowledge and education and leave me out of it.

Point is --- the OP is somewhat valid. And it provides a lot of context on man-caused oil spills in the oceans..

It's not complicated. Like the lady in the OP link said.

---
"It's just, when there is too much [oil] at once, that's when the difficulty comes in," she said.
---

Flac, why do you think "Diluted oil seeps are not a problem, therefore concentrated oil spills are not a problem" logic makes any kind of sense?

It's not complicated. Like the lady in the OP link said.

---
"It's just, when there is too much [oil] at once, that's when the difficulty comes in," she said.
---

Flac, why do you think "Diluted oil seeps are not a problem, therefore concentrated oil spills are not a problem" logic makes any kind of sense?

Dont' know exactly. But if in a year or two -- nature puts out the equivalent or more of a BP spill --- I don't think the burden on the biologic clean-up crew is much different over the next 5 to 10 years.. You've got DISTRIBUTED continuous sources all over the Gulf affecting many more creatures and sea bed acreage. As opposed to a larger localized discharge. And BP did a lot of injecting dispersants to help that along.

We don't even have a clue how serious the seeps are in any of these areas. Says so in the WHOI article I posted and many more on their site. They haven't BEGUN to survey for the largest natural leaks in any of these areas.

It's an unknown. It's only estimated from floor samples.

Great, now dumb dumbs have found a way to talk logical circles around spills.

The carpet absorbed my whiskey! Its all good! 'Cept the carpet is all sticky and discolored but...Its absorbed!

Is whisky natural dumb dumb?

The Beverly Hillbillies (Season 1 - Ep. 1) The Cl…:

Great, now dumb dumbs have found a way to talk logical circles around spills.

The carpet absorbed my whiskey! Its all good! 'Cept the carpet is all sticky and discolored but...Its absorbed!

Is whisky natural dumb dumb?

The Beverly Hillbillies (Season 1 - Ep. 1) The Cl…:

Dumb dumb yourself. Mercury is found in nature, therefore natural, so it cannot hurt you, correct? Same for lead and arsenic. Like I stated earlier, you fruitloops are so into defending the profits of the energy corporations that you are on the verge of declaring petroleum spills are good for us all.

This from a politician?

So okay. She's Canadian and a former science teacher.

"Oil is a natural substance. So spilling into the environment, the land will absorb it, 'cause that's what oil is," she said during an interview with CPAC (Cable Public Affairs Channel).

What in the world is going on? The three GOP front-runners aren't professional politicians and they speak up – without backing down. And now it's happening with our neighbors to the north?

Read the article and Tweets @ Tory candidate Sabrina Zuniga says ground will absorb oil spills

Yes we have our share of crazy conservatives up here too. You did notice she's running for the Canadian Conservative Party I hope. We Liberals don't want to be smeared with her wack-a-doodle blabber, eh?

Major natural leaks in the Gulf EVERYDAY --- where is it all?

Equivalent to maybe a handful of BP spills a year..

None of you guys ever heard of the La Brea Tar Pits??
Miss grade school didya?

Do you get your water from the La Brea Tar Pits fool?

Major natural leaks in the Gulf EVERYDAY --- where is it all?

Equivalent to maybe a handful of BP spills a year..

None of you guys ever heard of the La Brea Tar Pits??
Miss grade school didya?

Do you get your water from the La Brea Tar Pits fool?

Say WHAT? Do you get your water from the Gulf of Mexico? where'd this come from?
I DID buy water at the La Brea tar pits -- come to think of it.. Tasted like saber tooth tiger.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back