Oil Pipeline to Be Built from Russia to India through Northwest China

I think this is a good idea and am glad to see that major nations on earth can attempt to come to an accord of benefit to all.

Russia has massive oil reserves they are taking advantage of while our feckless leader dithers over a few miles of pipeline that could provide thousands of jobs to Americans.

While out status in the world has deteriorated, Russian officials are talking with the Chinese and Indians to produce something that will affect ALL the nations in the region. There are other nations in SE Asia with oil deposits and this might just start a boom in taking advantage of them.

We pay a great deal of attention to Russia and China, totally ignoring Indian with a huge population and growing prestige in the area.

You started out with playing victim by posting pictures of Japanese soldiers bayoneting Chinese soldiers
You mean they only bayonetted Chinese soldiers? It looks as if I'd post more pictures here.

14175449.jpg

17_120217134043_1.jpg

It's you who push me to browse through a national humiliation over and over. Also I never attach any extravagant hope to Japanese admitting their crimes. In my opinion Japanese will not show repentance to Chinese people forever and ever, because in Japanese culture they think they would be taken a bloody vengeance on once they show a little repentance.

There's a Japanese man, named Yamasaki Hiroshi, who studied traditional Chinese medical science in Japan when he was young. He was conscripted into Japanese army and soon moved into Chinese mainland in 1937 as a groom. After only two months he defected from his Japanese army with other three soldiers because he could not suffer the random killing and raping of the ordinary Chinese people. He's keen to go back his motherland, but after a lot of hardships eventually he practised medicine as a pediatrician till the age of 103 in Jinan City of Shandong province. I have learnt a lot from him.

4f00f96f08a744ba9b74ba91f60ca1e7.jpg

38_100107163218_1.jpg

Img278048978.jpg

then you moved on to playing tyrant by justifying human rights violation of Tibetans just because your government told you that Tibet belongs to China. Anyone with a basic understanding of history knows that Tibet has existed as an independent nation for hundreds of years until China invaded and took over Tibet.

You need to make up your mind on whether you are a tyrant or a victim.
For hundreds of years? Aha, more than a thousand years ago Tibet belonged to China. If Englishmen were going to get into Tibet, first of all they must turn in their application to China's government and obtain a kind of pass similar to the comtemporary visa during the 18th and early 19th centuries. But with the decline of China's strength, almost anyone could go on the rampage in this country until 1949. In 1959, China's government liberated slaves and kept religion and government separated in Tibet, which went against the interests of the nobles, feudal lords and upper-strata lamas, so they ... OK, I think you know what happened next, which is the a fundamental divide between you and me. However as far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly correct to liberate slaves and keep religion and government separated. In order to liberate your negro slaves, how long had you been at war? How many Americans had been killed?

So I am neither a tyrant nor a victim. I am what I am.

Chinese soldiers joined N Koreans in killing Americans during Korean war. Please let your US friend know that as well.
The US friend thought there's a fault in your sentence: you missed a word, which is 'soldiers', after the word 'Americans'.

Last edited:
However as far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly correct to liberate slaves and keep religion and government separated. In order to liberate your negro slaves, how long had you been at war? How many Americans had been killed?

Trading one master for another is not liberation, and when the slaves were freed in America it was not done by slaughtering the slaves themselves. Nor did the newly-freed spend the next 50 years trying to get the Union to leave and go back to the way things were. These newly-freed slaves were not executed by the Union for doing so. Your comparison is shockingly inappropriate.

Also I never attach any extravagant hope to Japanese admitting their crimes.

Japan has apologized dozens of times since the end of WWII.

Excellent point.

Japan has pulled back and apologized for its mistakes in China.

China on the other hand has neither apologized for its crimes against humanity nor withdrawn from Tibet. It still tortures and kills innocent Tibetan civilians.

This morning, I met one of friends of my friends, who's majoring in civil engineering, by one of the teaching buildings of my university. I asked whether he knew one or two Tibetan students studying in this university. He said, "There's one in my class." So I asked for meeting him. At noon, the friend brought me to the downstairs of the dormitory where they lived in after lunch. When the Tibetan student came down the stairs, with who there's another Tibetan student. And then I raised my question directly, "Do you want to secede from China and become an independent nation if you would get help from the foreign, esp. western anti - China forces?"

At the beginning they thought some girls might need their help with their stuffs, but as soon as they heard this question, they laughed with a disdainful expression. I had to explain at once, "I met two Americans on Internet, who thought you Tibetan were living in deep distress. " Then the Tibetan whom my friend knew said, "Damn them all! Let me remind you once again so that you won't forget: We Tibetan live nicely. Stop asking us this sort of silly question." In order to tell him how stupid and sorry I was, I had to buy an ice cream for each of them. My money!!

This morning, I met one of friends of my friends, who's majoring in civil engineering, by one of the teaching buildings of my university. I asked whether he knew one or two Tibetan students studying in this university. He said, "There's one in my class." So I asked for meeting him. At noon, the friend brought me to the downstairs of the dormitory where they lived in after lunch. When the Tibetan student came down the stairs, with who there's another Tibetan student. And then I raised my question directly, "Do you want to secede from China and become an independent nation if you would get help from the foreign, esp. western anti - China forces?"

At the beginning they thought some girls might need their help with their stuffs, but as soon as they heard this question, they laughed with a disdainful expression. I had to explain at once, "I met two Americans on Internet, who thought you Tibetan were living in deep distress. " Then the Tibetan whom my friend knew said, "Damn them all! Let me remind you once again so that you won't forget: We Tibetan live nicely. Stop asking us this sort of silly question." In order to tell him how stupid and sorry I was, I had to buy an ice cream for each of them. My money!!

You're not very good at writing fiction. Keep working on your English.

I have personally worked with many people from Tibet who escaped (escaped by hiking for weeks across the Himalayas) from Chinese-occupied Tibet under the threat of death, made their way to India where an expat community helped them get to the US to apply for asylum. I have personally helped these individuals. Real people. You might have traded propaganda with some Han Chinese who have been relocated to Tibet in order to dilute the culture, language, and faith and to 'breed' the indigenous people out of existence, but your story isn't really believable enough for even that.

Any Tibetan who dares to speak his/her mind will be executed. You need to get out of the propaganda world to see the simple reality.

艹,没楼下,我记得回复了的啊,,。 再回复一遍 现在西藏的过得很爽 so表问介种逗比问题

any tibetan who dares to speak his/her mind will be executed. You need to get out of the propaganda world to see the simple reality.
艹,你过时了,现在中国人什么不敢说,共产党都敢骂,你需要到中国来看看,补补脑。。。

any tibetan who dares to speak his/her mind will be executed. You need to get out of the propaganda world to see the simple reality.
艹,你过时了,现在中国人什么不敢说,共产党都敢骂,你需要到中国来看看,补补脑。。。

I thought the Chinese scripted vertically and not horizontally. :dunno:

Oil India Ltd, the nation’s second-biggest state-run explorer, has bought a 50 per cent stake in an oil block in Russia for $85 million.

OIL last month signed an agreement with Ireland-registered but Russia-focused firm PetroNeft Resources plc to take a 50 per cent non-operating interest in License 61 in Tomsk Oblast in Russia, official sources said.

Oil India buys 50% stake in Russian oil block for $85mn - The Hindu

Russian oil for India may not be a bad idea but oil pipeline built through Chinese occupied territory using Indian money is a bad idea.

---

As India and Russia try to diversify their energy focus – India as importer and Russia as exporter – both nations are at an interesting confluence with India’s energy need growing exponentially.

Russia is looking beyond Europe towards Asian markets for its energy export – the recent Western-Russian standoff is fueling this drive.

It’s a point where the insatiable energy demands of India meet the available energy reserve of Russia, especially those based on oil and nuclear technology.

India, ranked the world’s third largest oil importer behind the US and China, after an import of about 3.8 million barrels of crude oil per day in 2013-14. The International Energy Agency (IEA) says it will become world’s largest oil importer by 2020.

Most of India’s imports are from the Middle East, especially Iran. Due to the vulnerabilities and the unsteady conditions in the region, India is looking at multiplying its sources of energy import.

“India is trying to reduce its dependence on the volatile Middle East for its energy needs amounting currently to 76 percent and projected to grow to 85-90 percent whilst Russia is trying to diversify its export outlets, partly to open new markets in the Asia-Pacific region and also to neutralize the impact of sanctions on its global trade,” says international oil economist, Dr Mamdouh G. Salameh, oil and energy consultant to the World Bank, Washington DC and a technical expert with UNIDO who are headquartered in Vienna.

Excessive oil import is impacting India’s current account deficit accounting for more than half of India’s $191 billion trade deficit in 2013-14.

The country is looking at reducing its import dependence through collaboration with investors in various streams of the oil and gas industry.

http://rt.com/op-edge/158880-energy-starved-india-russia-oil/

I notice our CCP apologist hasn't returned since muttering "you have to go and see for yourself" and running off. I don't know about anyone else, but I have spent time in Tibet and I have worked on behalf of Tibetan asylum-seekers in the US, so none of the party line bullshit is going to wash with me.

Tibetan independence is probably a Quixotic dream at this point, but that doesn't excuse what the CCP did and continues to do there.

Forum List

Back