China to Lead the World in the Number of Christians?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This certainly surprised me. I got the original story at the Big Peace website which link to this Telegraph story. Read this:

China's Protestant community, which had just one million members in 1949, has already overtaken those of countries more commonly associated with an evangelical boom. In 2010 there were more than 58 million Protestants in China compared to 40 million in Brazil and 36 million in South Africa, according to the Pew Research Centre's Forum on Religion and Public Life.

Wiki indicates there are 12 million Catholics in China and the 2 cardinals are in Hong Kong – I have no idea what that means.

Anyhow, the full article is @ China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years - Telegraph

The Three self church is communist, Moonglow. The underground born again believing church is not. According to Voice of the Martyrs and other ministries that are heavily involved with China there are over 100 million born again believers meeting in the underground church in China today. There are probably about 12 million Catholics in China but they are not part of the underground church.

Forum List

Back