Oil Hits 105 a Barrel - Obama Admin to Appeal Judge's Ruling

Provocateur

Avoiding Lib Circle Derps
Jan 19, 2011
If Obama believes that granting one permit since the gulf spill is going to be enough to cover his culpability in this issue, he is mistaken.

He and his administration should be held accountable for their direct actions, which has been an ongoing attack against domestic drilling. It began with his initial moratorium, and his campaign continues.

The Obama administration late Friday appealed a judge's orders directing the Interior Department to act on several Gulf of Mexico deepwater drilling permits.

The appeal is the latest salvo in the ongoing fight over the speed with which Interior is – or isn't – letting oil drillers get back to work after last year's BP oil spill.
Read more: Interior appeals oil drilling ruling - Dan Berman and Darren Goode - POLITICO.com

Republicans should start relentlessly equating the Obama administration with $5.00 gas prices.

Obama one would think would get tired of shooting himself in the foot so often.

Just think if he hadn't a "permitoriam" on oil drilling in the Gulf, that would be 23,000 (minimum) jobs he could have claimed he "created". Instead, he was happy to see them joining the unemployment lines.

Obama one would think would get tired of shooting himself in the foot so often.

Just think if he hadn't a "permitoriam" on oil drilling in the Gulf, that would be 23,000 (minimum) jobs he could have claimed he "created". Instead, he was happy to see them joining the unemployment lines.

As soon as he did that, the damage was done. Most companies simply moved their operations to other countries.

These few straggling companies now have to sit and watch the administration try and stall them out of business as well.

I haven't heard about how this has impacted the economy along the gulf states. I guess they are in flyover country, so the media won't cover this issue.

Republicans should seize the opportunity to point out that this administration is actively trying to have the US rely on foreign oil.

From the article:
Earlier in February, the judge held Interior in contempt, citing "dismissive conduct" by blocking offshore drilling during last year's spill.

The delay in issuing permits since last year’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill is “increasingly inexcusable," Feldman wrote.

yes well, the msm won't make a big deal out of the fact that obama , oops Salazar and his dept. have been in held in contempt, that hes only given I think I read 37 shallow water permits and as of last week ONE permit for deep water drilling and hes now appealing, adding more uncertainty and stringing this out.

he said we wanted higher fossil fuel prices, and hes doing his level best to make it so. Won't see that in the msm either, you have to hit the you tube archives. booyah!

here, parse this..

Obama Wants Higher Gas Prices :: Former Silent Majority :: Care2 Groups then to here-

Obama: Higher Oil Prices Are Good? What???

javascript:embedvideo('MEMBERPGMS/embedvideo.php?v=9793');showdiv('embedvideodiv');

and as to coal-

and of course.....

* MARCH 4, 2011

Boiler Room Politics
Fake restraint from the EPA as it issues a damaging new rule.

The Wall Street Journal: Boilker Room Politics - WSJ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your concern, provacateur, but the federal judge is on our side. The criminal enterprise known as the "Obama administration" decided to ignore an order by a federal judge to open the Gulf for oil drilling. Obama is in volation of a federal judge orders.

The solution to our long term problem is not a little more oil for a little bit of time.

As to the actual solutions... This administration has been the most proactive in decades, maybe ever - To the chagrin of the minority party.

The solution to our long term problem is not a little more oil for a little bit of time.

As to the actual solutions... This administration has been the most proactive in decades, maybe ever - To the chagrin of the minority party.

and these solutions are.....?

Curb consumption and seek alternatives, of course. I find it unfortunate and sad that so many Republicans/conservatives/righties/whatever demonize any efforts thereof and/or laugh them off as a joke.

Last edited:
yes well, the msm won't make a big deal out of the fact that obama , oops Salazar and his dept. have been in held in contempt, that hes only given I think I read 37 shallow water permits and as of last week ONE permit for deep water drilling and hes now appealing, adding more uncertainty and stringing this out.

he said we wanted higher fossil fuel prices, and hes doing his level best to make it so. Won't see that in the msm either, you have to hit the you tube archives. booyah!

here, parse this..

Obama Wants Higher Gas Prices :: Former Silent Majority :: Care2 Groups then to here-

Obama: Higher Oil Prices Are Good? What???

javascript:embedvideo('MEMBERPGMS/embedvideo.php?v=9793');showdiv('embedvideodiv');

and as to coal-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo

and of course.....

* MARCH 4, 2011

Boiler Room Politics
Fake restraint from the EPA as it issues a damaging new rule.

The Wall Street Journal: Boilker Room Politics - WSJ.com

Obama's contempt for fossil fuels is well documented. He doesn't care if America has to pay more, he wants to bankrupt them.

You might not have seen this move by Republicans last week:

Yesterday, House Energy & Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI) and Subcommittee on Energy & Power Chairman Ed Whitfield (R-KY) introduced the Energy Tax Prevention Act (H.R. 910) “to block EPA’s controversial backdoor climate change agenda that would further drive up the price of energy for American consumers and job creators at a time when gas prices are already spiking and job creation remains weak.” The Energy Tax Prevention Act fulfills a Pledge to America promise “to oppose attempts to impose a national ‘cap and trade’ energy tax,” and moves the new majority another step forward in its pledge to rein in the job-stifling regulations that are making it harder to create jobs.

More at link. Chairmen Fred Upton & Ed Whitfield Introduce Energy Tax Prevention Act to Stop Job-Crushing EPA Regulations | Speaker of the House John Boehner | speaker.gov

Curb consumption and seek alternatives, of course. I find it unfortunate and sad that so many Republicans/conservatives/righties/whatever demonize any efforts thereof and/or laugh them off as a joke.
"Seek(ing) alternatives" doesn't fill my tank today.

Platitudes ain't production.

"Seek(ing) alternatives" doesn't fill my tank today.

Platitudes ain't production.

Yes, that's obviously true, but the money invested in seeking these technologies vs. the amount of money spent protecting foreign oil is a deplorable ratio. I hope you'll agree. I think you will.

Spoken like someone who has no idea of how much solar and wind energy can actually be generated to meet our energy needs.

I'm more along the lines of fusion and battery technology; superconductors; etc.

But wind and solar do have the capacity to take a substantial bite out of our energy needs.

I'm more along the lines of fusion and battery technology; superconductors; etc.

But wind and solar do have the capacity to take a substantial bite out of our energy needs.
Where can I full up my tank on wind and solar for less than $4.00/gallon tomorrow?

Your right. Long way to go. That's why we better get to work.

Incidentally, the price of oil will begin to fall immediately, even as small fragments of the energy need is filled elsewhere.

Where can I full up my tank on wind and solar for less than $4.00/gallon tomorrow?

Your right. Long way to go. That's why we better get to work.
You get to work and leave me the fuck alone.

Sell me on the merits of your "advanced technology" and I'll buy it on my own initiative.

Forum List

Back