Oil Hits 105 a Barrel - Obama Admin to Appeal Judge's Ruling

The solution to our long term problem is not a little more oil for a little bit of time.

As to the actual solutions... This administration has been the most proactive in decades, maybe ever - To the chagrin of the minority party.

and these solutions are.....?

Curb consumption and seek alternatives, of course. I find it unfortunate and sad that so many Republicans/conservatives/righties/whatever demonize any efforts thereof and/or laugh them off as a joke.

:clap2: Briillant... Dreams of the libs they keep dreaming while mostly poor people get hurt by these high energy prices, how compassionate they are. The U.S. and Canada have tons of natural gas, tons of coal, and tons of oil, so don't come at this with your stupid liberal utopian dreams.

b]
Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x [/b]

America is sitting on top of a super massive 200 billion barrel Oil Field that could potentially make America Energy Independent and until now has largely gone unnoticed. Thanks to new technology the Bakken Formation in North Dakota could boost America’s Oil reserves by an incredible 10 times, giving western economies the trump card against OPEC’s short squeeze on oil supply and making Iranian and Venezuelan threats of disrupted supply irrelevant.

In the next 30 days the USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) will release a new report giving an accurate resource assessment of the Bakken Oil Formation that covers North Dakota and portions of South Dakota and Montana. With new horizontal drilling technology it is believed that from 175 to 500 billion barrels of recoverable oil are held in this 200,000 square mile reserve that was initially discovered in 1951. The USGS did an initial study back in 1999 that estimated 400 billion recoverable barrels were present but with prices bottoming out at $10 a barrel back then the report was dismissed because of the higher cost of horizontal drilling techniques that would be needed, estimated at $20-$40 a barrel.

It was not until 2007, when EOG Resources of Texas started a frenzy when they drilled a single well in Parshal N.D. that is expected to yield 700,000 barrels of oil that real excitement and money started to flow in North Dakota. Marathon Oil is investing $1.5 billion and drilling 300 new wells in what is expected to be one of the greatest booms in Oil discovery since Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia in 1938.

The US imported about 14 million barrels of Oil per day in 2007 , which means US consumers sent about $340 Billion Dollars over seas building palaces in Dubai and propping up unfriendly regimes around the World, if 200 billion barrels of oil at $90 a barrel are recovered in the high plains the added wealth to the US economy would be $18 Trillion Dollars which would go a long way in stabilizing the US trade deficit and could cut the cost of oil in half in the long run.

Next2.13s2.jpg

Next2.13s.jpg

Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

"Invest" my ass.

Oil is the fuel of today...Deal with it.

How much have we "Invested" in middle eastern oil?
Oil is the fuel of today....Deal.

If you want to invest in solar panels and goofy windmills, risk the money out of your own damned pocket.

Fine. Than you buy the fighter jets to park in Iraq to protect oil out of your pocket. Then we have a deal.

Otherwise we can stop being silly and discuss what "WE" should do like adults.

I'm more along the lines of fusion and battery technology; superconductors; etc.

But wind and solar do have the capacity to take a substantial bite out of our energy needs.

How do you define "substantial"?

How are all those nuclear plants coming along? And before you say Obama is pro-nuclear energy please explain why he defunded Yucca Mountain.

How much have we "Invested" in middle eastern oil?

If you want to invest in solar panels and goofy windmills, risk the money out of your own damned pocket.

Fine. Than you buy the fighter jets to park in Iraq to protect oil out of your pocket. Then we have a deal.

Fuck you....You brought "we" into this shit, not me.

And if America supposedly went into Iraq for the oil, why is it that we're paying $4.00 for gasoline?

And if America supposedly went into Iraq for the oil, why is it that we're paying $4.00 for gasoline?

Oh I forgot, we're humanitarians now... Simply can't abide dictatorship or human suffering. That's why we intervened in Darfur. Oh wait...

If you think the US's last dozen or so forays into the middle east were about anything but oil... I'll sell ya some oceanfront property in Montana.

Oh I forgot, we're humanitarians now... Simply can't abide dictatorship or human suffering. That's why we intervened in Darfur. Oh wait...

If you think the US's last dozen or so forays into the middle east were about anything but oil... I'll sell ya some oceanfront property in Montana.
What do you want, oil or humanitarian aid?

Where do you need the goalposts moved to now?

Make up your mind.

Why is it that "we" can't drill in the Gulf of Mexico, off of the coasts of California, Florida and the Carolinas?

Why is it that "we" are prevented from building new refineries?

Honestly... I don't exactly know. I'm sure it's not a conspiracy though Oddball, relax... But I don't know the answer. I'm sure it's different answers for each of those questions.

I also know, and so do you deep down, that those are only patches and not solutions to the problem.

The solution to our long term problem is not a little more oil for a little bit of time.

As to the actual solutions... This administration has been the most proactive in decades, maybe ever - To the chagrin of the minority party.

You just don't get it. We HAVE been seeking alternative solutions for years, but Libtards like yourself keep blocking them:

Nuclear - Too dangerous
Hydroelectric - Harms environment
Wind - Too ugly
Solar - Will destroy the desert

And what in the HELL has Obama done? He's crippled the US economy. There is one sure bet at this point in history: Whatever Obama does, do the opposite. If you're an Obama supporter, you are going the WRONG WAY.

Make up your mind.

Nah nah nah, don't spin this. I never said I wanted humanitarian aid. I only brought it up to mock your implied assertion that we went to Iraq for reasons unrelated to oil.

I'm more along the lines of fusion and battery technology; superconductors; etc.

But wind and solar do have the capacity to take a substantial bite out of our energy needs.

What in the hell? Fusion power has been in R&D for years. Nothing. Cold fusion. Nothing. Battery technology. Getting there, but that doesn't generate energy. Superconductors: Ben around for years. And wind and solar have been BLOCKED by the people you're voting for. Get a clue dude. We HAVE alternatives, but the PROGRESSIVES (pun intended) keep blocking them.

Make up your mind.

Nah nah nah, don't spin this. I never said I wanted humanitarian aid. I only brought it up to mock your implied assertion that we went to Iraq for reasons unrelated to oil.
You mock poorly.

I was against the Iraq invasion, FYI.

Now, if Iraq was invaded for the oil, why are we paying $4.00 for gasoline?

C'mon....Dazzle us with your brilliance.

Make up your mind.

You mock poorly.

omg, could you be any more difficult? I believe you were against the invasion. I'm aware of your demeanor, you're not another yes-man. That's why I thought you'd agree the price of protecting oil is deplorable... Whilst I'm not shocked you're against a big government fusion project.

And get real. I'm aware we didn't invade Iraq to physically take their oil. OPEC sets the price. We're just there to keep some semblance of stability in the region to make sure we can get the fuckin' stuff. Note recent instability and immediately rising oil prices... Regardless of what region the oil comes from. (It is a world market ya know, another reason drilling our own will not do much to lower prices)

Why do you think we're there? Be honest.

You mock poorly.

omg, could you be any more difficult? I believe you were against the invasion. I'm aware of your demeanor, you're not another yes-man. That's why I thought you'd agree the price of protecting oil is deplorable... Whilst I'm not shocked you're against a big government fusion project.

And get real. I'm aware we didn't invade Iraq to physically take their oil. OPEC sets the price. We're just there to keep some semblance of stability in the region to make sure we can get the fuckin' stuff. Note recent instability and immediately rising oil prices... Regardless of what region the oil comes from.

I'm against ALL gubmint meddling.

Wake the fuck up.

You mock poorly.

And get real. I'm aware we didn't invade Iraq to physically take their oil. OPEC sets the price. We're just there to keep some semblance of stability in the region to make sure we can get the fuckin' stuff. Note recent instability and immediately rising oil prices... Regardless of what region the oil comes from.

I'm against ALL gubmint meddling.

Wake the fuck up.

I find your gusto lacking in the oil protection meddling department. Just sayin.

If Obama believes that granting one permit since the gulf spill is going to be enough to cover his culpability in this issue, he is mistaken.

He and his administration should be held accountable for their direct actions, which has been an ongoing attack against domestic drilling. It began with his initial moratorium, and his campaign continues.
Yes, praise Obama for protecting America, shore to shore, cutting exploratory & drilling expenses to taxpayers, saving lifes of humans & animals, especially when we have enough oil.

The Obama administration late Friday appealed a judge's orders directing the Interior Department to act on several Gulf of Mexico deepwater drilling permits.

The appeal is the latest salvo in the ongoing fight over the speed with which Interior is – or isn't – letting oil drillers get back to work after last year's BP oil spill.
Read more: Interior appeals oil drilling ruling - Dan Berman and Darren Goode - POLITICO.com

Republicans should start relentlessly equating the Obama administration with $5.00 gas prices.

Yes indeed, yell about $5-10. gasoline prices & beg for National oil.

How are all those nuclear plants coming along? And before you say Obama is pro-nuclear energy please explain why he defunded Yucca Mountain.

As a senator in 2007, Mr. Obama suggested in a letter to Mr. Reid and Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee, "finding another state willing to serve as a permanent national repository . . . ." He also called for redirecting resources to improve the safety and security at plants around the country until a long-term solution is found.

How about your backyard dude?

and these solutions are.....?

Curb consumption and seek alternatives, of course. I find it unfortunate and sad that so many Republicans/conservatives/righties/whatever demonize any efforts thereof and/or laugh them off as a joke.

I have no problem with pursing alternatives, but, I don't believe that the High Priests of the new religion should be making us pay more now, when we don't have to.

then sir, you might want to start with say the sierra club and ask them why for years they lauded solar, then bit it right in the ass when it came ti nut cutting time.....just sayin'.

take 5, heres an example.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/green-power-red-lights_550417.html

If you knew where I worked and what I did, you'd understand that I am ALL for pursing battery technologies and fusion.

However, as oddball says, fossil fuels ARE the fuels/energy's for the next 25 years at least, that is a fact, I am sorry, I truly wish we could have that break-through tomorrow, but it just doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

As a senator in 2007, Mr. Obama suggested in a letter to Mr. Reid and Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee, "finding another state willing to serve as a permanent national repository . . . ." He also called for redirecting resources to improve the safety and security at plants around the country until a long-term solution is found.

How about your backyard dude?

:lol:yea okay then thx. and thx to Robert Kennedy Jr. " mr. enviro-man only when its convenient" for helping nix the Cape Wind project too.

when the left gets these loonies under control, put me down for a bunker full of eroding rads in my backyard, until then dream on.

Forum List

Back