Ohio police used flash-bangs during raid of home with toddler on a ventilator inside

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Even worse, it turns out that it was the wrong house!

Redia Jennings, Price’s aunt, told WOIO she and her husband have rented the home for the past year, and the person police were looking for has not lived at the residence for more than a year. His family now lives down the block, Jennings told the station.

Redia Jennings, Price’s aunt, told WOIO she and her husband have rented the home for the past year, and the person police were looking for has not lived at the residence for more than a year. His family now lives down the block, Jennings told the station.
That's great. A flash bang tossed into a house near a cannister of oxygen. What could possibly go wrong?
But hey, it was justified. Probably a "dark" house...am I right?

Blue city madness.

When will you start demanding better? Ever?

Wrong. It was not the wrong house. The person had lived there about a year prior, but they did not have the wrong address. The address raided was the same one on the warrant.

More:

The mayor of Elyria, Ohio, has ordered an investigation after a woman alleged that police officers who raided her home had the wrong address and deployed flash-bang devices that sent her 1-year-old to the hospital with burns.
Police have offered a conflicting account of what happened Jan. 10, saying in a statement Friday that they had executed a search warrant at the correct address and that the child did not "sustain any apparent, visible injuries."

Courtney Price says audio from her Ring camera proves otherwise. In a clip shared exclusively with NBC News on Tuesday, someone can be heard saying, "It's the wrong house." It is not clear who made the remark because the camera fell to the ground and went dark after police deployed the flash-bang devices.
Several bodycam videos released Tuesday night showed that police officers waited only about six seconds between the time they pounded on the door and shouted for the occupants to "come to the door" and when they busted into the residence using a battering ram while simultaneously deploying the flash-bangs.
A police incident report about the raid said officers provided a "reasonable amount of time to answer the door." Only "after or near" 10 seconds did a sergeant provide orders to breach the door, the incident report said, contradicting the bodycam videos.
Price, a single mother who had moved from Kentucky to Elyria just a week before the raid, was at home with her baby, Waylon.
Price said she heard “the loudest knock I’ve ever heard in my life” at 2:12 p.m. and started walking toward the door. As she was heading downstairs — less than 15 seconds later — officers busted down the door, set off flash-bangs, and entered the residence with guns aimed at her.
"I froze at the top of the steps. I kept saying, 'I'm scared. My baby's in here, he’s on a ventilator.' Then I came down the steps and they put me in handcuffs," she said Tuesday.
From on the steps, she said she could see a flash at the window and smoke come through.

Waylon, who was born premature and has pulmonary hypertension — a severe lung disease — and an atrial septal defect — which is a hole in the heart, was in his swing on the floor by the window. Glass got on him when the windows blew out, Price said.

Last edited:
Wrong. It was not the wrong house. The person had lived there about a year prior, but they did not have the wrong address. The address raided was the same one on the warrant.
Yeah..which was incorrect..as the person of interest did not live there..thus, the wrong house was raided. The address is correct on the face..but the police had visited there 5 times in the past and had been told that the person of interest did not live there.
Yeah, it was the wrong house.

Yeah..which was incorrect..as the person of interest did not live there..thus, the wrong house was raided. The address is correct on the face..but the police had visited there 5 times in the past and had been told that the person of interest did not live there.
Yeah, it was the wrong house.

Yea, they were TOLD they don't live there.

If police didn't raid homes because they were TOLD the person didn't live there, they'd never catch their criminals. They did NOT raid the wrong house. The house on the warrant was the one raided.

As much as I hate cops, I won't let you lie. This lawyer states this as the first sentence he states about this case.

This lawyer spoke about this a few days ago:

If police didn't raid homes because they were TOLD the person didn't live there, they'd never catch their criminals. They did NOT raid the wrong house. The house on the warrant was the one raided.

As much as I hate cops, I won't let you lie.

Not lying dip-shit. They got it wrong on the warrant..thus..the wrong house...some poor woman with her severely disabled baby lived there..it is up to the police to get it right..investigate. If you read the update post you can see that the police lied and are busy covering their asses. Literally, one of the cops is recorded saying "It's the wrong house".
There are reports filed that show that the police visited several times in the past year and had been told over and over again that the person of interest did not live there. Sloppy police work.

Not lying dip-shit. They got it wrong on the warrant..thus..the wrong house...some poor woman with her severely disabled baby lived there..it is up to the police to get it right..investigate. If you read the update post you can see that the police lied and are busy covering their asses. Literally, one of the cops is recorded saying "It's the wrong house".
There are reports filed that show that the police visited several times in the past year and had been told over and over again that the person of interest did not live there. Sloppy police work.

It's not the wrong fucking house you fuckhead. He WAS a tenant there last year. Dickfuck.

Lawyer says dickfuck is wrong. Dickfuck.

So if the guy spends the night at his buddies house and the raid his house when he's gone, they had the wrong address? No, stupid fuck.

Last edited:

OMG.. what incompetence.

So, in other words the warrant had the wrong address.

Would you be so forgiving if your address was put on a warrant by mistake?

It's common in places run by people like you.
LOL! Dude...this ain't political. I know you have problems understanding this. But incompetence by the police can happen everywhere regardless of political or cultural leanings.
Is it possible for you to quit your idiotic spinning long enough for you to understand this?
Incompetence is non-partisan.

LOL! Dude...this ain't political. I know you have problems understanding this. But incompetence by the police can happen everywhere regardless of political or cultural leanings.
Is it possible for you to quit your idiotic spinning long enough for you to understand this?
Incompetence is non-partisan.

So show me a case of cops tossing a flash bang at a baby in a place that isn't run by people like you.

The only other time I've heard of this happening, it was in Atlanta, another place run by people just like you.

As much as I hate cops, I won't let you lie. This lawyer states this as the first sentence he states about this case.

Damn! You do know..that this video does NOT support your contention in any way..in fact, it makes you look pretty damn stupid.

Last edited:
Depends on how you define "the wrong house". It was the house listed on the warrant, but it was not the current address of the person they were looking for... so the warrant had the wrong house listed.

Problem is the cops had shown up I believe up to 5 times previously looking for the guy... and they had been told it was no longer the address. I could be that the cops simply didn't believe the occupants and didn't do the proper investigation to determine if the person they were looking for still lived at the address.

Forum List

Back