Ohio Man Fatally Shoots Teen Son He Mistook for an Intruder

This is terrible. This is why a solid communication loop needs to be in place among your family members.

My prayers go out to these folks.

You should know who you are shooting at before you pull that trigger. The chance of it being a friend/family member is astronomically higher than some intruder intent on killing you.

True, but as I tell my kids, don't sneak into the house; make your presence known ASAP. The boy could have sent his dad a text message, or came in through the front door.

He was 14 and not expecting his dad to shoot him. It was his own house after all. And like I said the chance of it being someone intent on murder is tiny compared to being friend or family. His dad also could have called out. Most intruders will get out if they know you have detected them. Then nobody gets shot.

in a country of over 357 million guns in private hands, the last numbers for accidental gun deaths from 2013..... 505.

Defensive uses of guns each year...1.5 million......

So no, the odds are not good that you are going to accidentally kill someone in your family.

And people never learn.

With every single shooting like this, the nutters say they're safe, they teach their kids, they know what they're doing and they never effing learn.

My bet is that father said the same thing - before he killed his own son.

Remembering after Columbine, the grand father of one of the shooters said he had guns around the house, had taught his g-son everything he knew and no, he would not be keeping guns away from the other kids in the family.

People never learn.

Accidents happen. Nothing 100% safe.

Dead 14yo and you say "accidents happen".

Bet you're a big fan of the shrub's bro. Remember when his reaction to a mass shooter was "stuff happens".

Is this what you would say if you shot a child?

A young boy who had his whole life in front of him, who never owned or drove a car, had a job, a checking account, a girl he was madly in love with, a virgin, never went away to college, never experienced any of life's joys or heartaches all because his daddy was too fucking scared to be five feet away from his fucking gun, so scared that he blasts away at a noise.

But yeah, "accidents happen".

You know what? I own guns but that "accident" will not happen at my house because that was NOT an accident.

If you're wearing a gun on your hip or have one next to your chair in front of the tv or sitting on your kitchen counter or the coffee table its because you want to shoot someone a whole lot more than you want to keep your family safe.

Stupid fuckers shouldn't be allowed to have children OR guns because you're too damn dumb.

The greatest killer of teenagers....cars.......and we let 16 year olds drive them, by themselves on public streets...total accidental gun deaths of children 14 and under in 2013... 69. total number of children in the U.S. 74.2 million......

Guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives 1.5 million times a year, according to Bill Clinton.......

Can you tell which numbers are bigger?

This is terrible. This is why a solid communication loop needs to be in place among your family members.

You should know who you are shooting at before you pull that trigger. The chance of it being a friend/family member is astronomically higher than some intruder intent on killing you.

True, but as I tell my kids, don't sneak into the house; make your presence known ASAP. The boy could have sent his dad a text message, or came in through the front door.

He was 14 and not expecting his dad to shoot him. It was his own house after all. And like I said the chance of it being someone intent on murder is tiny compared to being friend or family. His dad also could have called out. Most intruders will get out if they know you have detected them. Then nobody gets shot.

in a country of over 357 million guns in private hands, the last numbers for accidental gun deaths from 2013..... 505.

So no, the odds are not good that you are going to accidentally kill someone in your family.

If you hear something and investigate it much more likely to be a friend/family member than a murderous intruder. No reason to be so scared you are shooting at bumps in the night and shadows. Don't you agree these are completely avoidable?

There you go with false and meaningless numbers again. You think this guy had a gun from your recommendation?

And people never learn.

With every single shooting like this, the nutters say they're safe, they teach their kids, they know what they're doing and they never effing learn.

Remembering after Columbine, the grand father of one of the shooters said he had guns around the house, had taught his g-son everything he knew and no, he would not be keeping guns away from the other kids in the family.

People never learn.

Bet you're a big fan of the shrub's bro. Remember when his reaction to a mass shooter was "stuff happens".

A young boy who had his whole life in front of him, who never owned or drove a car, had a job, a checking account, a girl he was madly in love with, a virgin, never went away to college, never experienced any of life's joys or heartaches all because his daddy was too fucking scared to be five feet away from his fucking gun, so scared that he blasts away at a noise.

You know what? I own guns but that "accident" will not happen at my house because that was NOT an accident.

If you're wearing a gun on your hip or have one next to your chair in front of the tv or sitting on your kitchen counter or the coffee table its because you want to shoot someone a whole lot more than you want to keep your family safe.

Stupid fuckers shouldn't be allowed to have children OR guns because you're too damn dumb.

over 13 million Americans now carry guns for self defense....number of accidental deaths of kids due to guns....... 69.

so....does anyone believe that this is the problem that anti gunners want it to be.....true...dead kids by guns are the bread and butter of the anti gun movement....but the truth........ 69 kids are accidentally killed by guns in a country with over 357 million guns in private hands.........

If you hear something and investigate it much more likely to be a friend/family member than a murderous intruder. No reason to be so scared you are shooting at bumps in the night and shadows. Don't you agree these are completely avoidable?

There you go with false and meaningless numbers again. You think this guy had a gun from your recommendation?

And then there are the times...1.5 million that they aren't friends or family, but rapists, robbers and murderers............

an accident is more likely to kill you in a car than having a gun in the home.

And people never learn.

People never learn.

The greatest killer of teenagers....cars.......and we let 16 year olds drive them, by themselves on public streets...total accidental gun deaths of children 14 and under in 2013... 69. total number of children in the U.S. 74.2 million......

Guns are used to stop violent crime and save lives 1.5 million times a year, according to Bill Clinton.......

Can you tell which numbers are bigger?

Bill Clinton? That is a LONG time ago. Crime is down over 30%, better adjust your numbers. Please point to the study and exactly how many lives it claims are saved. Or is that your made up claim?

And then there are the times...1.5 million that they aren't friends or family, but rapists, robbers and murderers............

an accident is more likely to kill you in a car than having a gun in the home.

There are only 1.2 million violent crimes each year and murder is tiny fraction of percent of them.

And people never learn.

People never learn.

over 13 million Americans now carry guns for self defense....number of accidental deaths of kids due to guns....... 69.

so....does anyone believe that this is the problem that anti gunners want it to be.....true...dead kids by guns are the bread and butter of the anti gun movement....but the truth........ 69 kids are accidentally killed by guns in a country with over 357 million guns in private hands.........

That is about 69 more than any other civilized country. I assume you are not pro life?

Remember people it is far more likely that intruder is friend or family rather than someone looking to murder you.

CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in Cincinnati say a man has fatally shot his 14-year-old son in their home, thinking he was an intruder.

Police say the man thought his son had caught the bus for school Tuesday morning, but the teen returned home soon afterward before 7 a.m. Police say the man heard a noise in the basement in the East Price Hill neighborhood, and checked on it with a gun in his hand. Police say the father fired after apparently being startled, hitting the boy in the neck.

Authorities say the father called 911 and the boy was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, where he died Tuesday morning.

Ohio police say man fatally shot son, 14, at home - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

Then list us out 25 of these please. And be quick about it.

Cops: Mom shot, killed daughter mistaken for intruder

Cops: Man killed home intruder but also brother, housemate

Shooting of SLC man's fiancée ruled accidental

Oklahoma City woman accidentally shoots boyfriend, mistaking him for intruder

HCSO: Husband accidentally shoots wife after believing intruder was inside home

These sorts of incidents really are easy to find.

That's 5. I said 25. If it happens as frequently as your BS meme says it does you should be able to trot 25 out in a second.

Another for you:
Fla. man gunned down brother he thought was intruder: cops

Whaaaa? I ask for 25 and you have a hard time coming up with six. What a tard.

Remember people it is far more likely that intruder is friend or family rather than someone looking to murder you.

CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in Cincinnati say a man has fatally shot his 14-year-old son in their home, thinking he was an intruder.

Police say the man thought his son had caught the bus for school Tuesday morning, but the teen returned home soon afterward before 7 a.m. Police say the man heard a noise in the basement in the East Price Hill neighborhood, and checked on it with a gun in his hand. Police say the father fired after apparently being startled, hitting the boy in the neck.

Authorities say the father called 911 and the boy was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, where he died Tuesday morning.

Ohio police say man fatally shot son, 14, at home - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

That's 5. I said 25. If it happens as frequently as your BS meme says it does you should be able to trot 25 out in a second.

I just added a 6. And why 25? Nobody can search and post them in a second. Try to be an adult. Are you really questioning whether they happen a lot?

Because you have made a claim that people are 43 times more likely to be harmed if they have a gun in the house. Thus, if there are 80 million families with guns there should be shitloads of accidents and deaths from those accidents. As has now been PROVEN by your inability to even find TEN, your numbers are horseshit, just like you!

Another for you:
Fla. man gunned down brother he thought was intruder: cops

You can't seem to explain how you arrived at 25 as important. And if you could count there were more than 6 found quite easily. Do you not think these things are completely avoidable? What would make someone so scared that they end up shooting their own son?

I just added a 6. And why 25? Nobody can search and post them in a second. Try to be an adult. Are you really questioning whether they happen a lot?

Because you have made a claim that people are 43 times more likely to be harmed if they have a gun in the house. Thus, if there are 80 million families with guns there should be shitloads of accidents and deaths from those accidents. As has now been PROVEN by your inability to even find TEN, your numbers are horseshit, just like you!

First please post where I made that claim. You seem to be confused again.

You can't seem to explain how you arrived at 25 as important. And if you could count there were more than 6 found quite easily. Do you not think these things are completely avoidable? What would make someone so scared that they end up shooting their own son?

I just did dummy. If the numbers you claim were real you would be able to pop up 25 no sweat. The fact that you can't even come close proves your claims to be just as full of shit as you are. That's why.

Also are you just talking any gun accidents then? 25 of those would be very easy. I found ten quickly that involved just mistaking someone as an intruder. Go to google news and search accidental shooting. You will find tons very quickly.

I just did dummy. If the numbers you claim were real you would be able to pop up 25 no sweat. The fact that you can't even come close proves your claims to be just as full of shit as you are. That's why.
Four-year-old girl injured in accidental shooting
3-year-old dies after accidental shooting at Lumberton store :: WRAL.com
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/13-year-old-dies-after-accidental-shooting/11373108
2-year-old recovering after accidental shooting
KDRV.com | One Man Arrested After Accidental Shooting In Medford

9-Year-Old Accidentally Shot With James Howard's Gun Dies, No Charges Yet
Toddler hurt in accidental shooting now stable
Man dies after accidental shooting during FaceTime call
Victim injured in accidental shooting at downtown Dallas Omni
Police: Accidental shooting injures 1 in Tempe

Trickle, trickle, trickle, in other words silly boy, you're more likely to be harmed by falling down some steps than by getting accidentally shot. And the accidental shootings is dropping while the deaths due to falls is on the rise.

Most Common Causes of Death Due to Injury in the US

Yes other countries have those also. Here you are however like 500% more likely to be shot and killed accidently than any other civilized country.

Forum List

Back