Oh wow, surprise surprise! :rolleyes:

One thing I can't help wondering; why is America policing the rest of the world? I mean - they erupt in civil war. Is that our problem?

Have you ever heard the term 'global economy'? Are you aware of everything that means?

One thing I can't help wondering; why is America policing the rest of the world? I mean - they erupt in civil war. Is that our problem?

Have you ever heard the term 'global economy'? Are you aware of everything that means?

Yes. Thanks for asking.

However, war is in a great many places all over the globe. Why do we pick and choose to whom we lend aid.

Yes. Thanks for asking.

However, war is in a great many places all over the globe. Why do we pick and choose to whom we lend aid.

For money honey. Below is an excerpt from Smedley Butlers retirement address. He rose from an enlisted man to the Commandant of the Marine Corps earning two Medals of Honor.

“War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

Yes. Thanks for asking.

For money honey. Below is an excerpt from Smedley Butlers retirement address. He rose from an enlisted man to the Commandant of the Marine Corps earning two Medals of Honor.

“War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

It's a part that you're describing, not the overall big picture. Question, who do you want controlling the worlds resources? The US and its (real) allies or those who would make us a third world country or not a country at all?

Yes. Thanks for asking.

It's a part that you're describing, not the overall big picture. Question, who do you want controlling the worlds resources? The US and its (real) allies or those who would make us a third world country or not a country at all?

I want the 99% to be controlling their own resources and coming together to defeat the 1% warmongering greedy imperialists and their lackeys.

How neoliberalism created an age of activism - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

I see the West acting now like we went to war to stop Germany. I am totally shocked that morality has sunk to such a low that someone feels unashamed to admit their desire for their country to own the world. :doubt:

Last edited:

I want the 99% to be controlling their own resources and coming together to defeat the 1% warmongering greedy imperialists and their lackeys.

How neoliberalism created an age of activism - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

I see the West acting now like we went to war to stop Germany. I am totally shocked that morality has sunk to such a low that someone feels unashamed to admit their desire for their country to own the world. :doubt:

Obviously you don't get it. You're not seeing the bigger picture. It doesn't surprise me.

Yes. Thanks for asking.

I've become an isolationist over time to be honest with you. The US is one of two countries on the planet that has the natural resources neccessary to seal ourselves off from the rest of the world and ignore it. Let them go to hell on their own and we would do fine.

We then could invest in our infrastructure and focus on our technological endeavors and we would quite simply leave the rest of the globe in our dust. Get a usable space program going and get mankind off of this rock.

Absent that fantasy. I feel that there are two sayings that describe my way to conduct international affairs. The first is "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". The second is "peace through superior firepower". In other words, I will never initiate an attack on a foreign power. But, if they do, I will end them. The end result is they will be dead and I would own their country outright.

I've been all over the planet working in the geologic field and too many of our boys are being killed simply to pad the wallets of the corporate and political leaders of the world.
If one of our boys or girls gives the ultimate I want them to KNOW that it was for a good cause and not so some prick could make a few more bucks.

I've become an isolationist over time to be honest with you. The US is one of two countries on the planet that has the natural resources neccessary to seal ourselves off from the rest of the world and ignore it. Let them go to hell on their own and we would do fine.

We then could invest in our infrastructure and focus on our technological endeavors and we would quite simply leave the rest of the globe in our dust. Get a usable space program going and get mankind off of this rock.

Absent that fantasy. I feel that there are two sayings that describe my way to conduct international affairs. The first is "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". The second is "peace through superior firepower". In other words, I will never initiate an attack on a foreign power. But, if they do, I will end them. The end result is they will be dead and I would own their country outright.

I've been all over the planet working in the geologic field and too many of our boys are being killed simply to pad the wallets of the corporate and political leaders of the world.
If one of our boys or girls gives the ultimate I want them to KNOW that it was for a good cause and not so some prick could make a few more bucks.

To a degree yes but there will always be those who take advantage of situations. The world is much more Machiavellian then that and in the cold light of fact we're all just pawns, coins to be used in a never ending power struggle between the perceived forces of good and evil with all side perceiving themselves as the good, fighting for (mostly political) ideological control of the world. Unfortunately to many don't understand that or want to believe it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

To a degree yes but there will always be those who take advantage of situations. The world is much more Machiavellian then that and in the cold light of fact we're all just pawns, coins to be used in a never ending power struggle between the perceived forces of good and evil with all side perceiving themselves as the good, fighting for (mostly political) ideological control of the world. Unfortunately to many don't understand that or want to believe it.

Very, very true. That's why I've turned isolationist.

Forum List

Back