Oh How I Hate....

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
...cell phones. So many kids are literally addicted to them. Between classes they walk into walls and each other because they have their noses literally touching the screen. In class, when I take them away from them they look like someone snatched away a crackhead's spoon. It's a dire problem.

I oppose telephones in general. I know they are a necessity, but they are nothing more than a bell in your house that you pay for, and that damn near anyone in the world can ring at will. When it rings, you are expected to interrupt what ever you are doing and rush to answer the stranger on the other end who is usually just trying to sell you something you don't want.

I had lunch with the kid today.

He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it only once. I was sort of impressed.

The other day, when we were talking, he even told me, he has had it with ads, everywhere, ads.

I raised him with only about two hours a day of Netflix after dinner. The rest was just reading, homework, outside play & socializing or toys.

So, now that he is an adult, on his own, he is exposed to "reality," and he does not like, how much reality is saturated with. . . of all things, advertisements. He grew up without any.

I told him in my childhood, I had them all over the place, I still have all sorts of them in my brain, I call them "tattoos on the mind." :hmpf:

Last Year.

I'm willing to bet, there is not a soul in American society that dies without this jingle memorized against their will. :sigh2:

I oppose telephones in general. I know they are a necessity, but they are nothing more than a bell in your house that you pay for, and that damn near anyone in the world can ring at will. When it rings, you are expected to interrupt what ever you are doing and rush to answer the stranger on the other end who is usually just trying to sell you something you don't want.
I screen all calls. If the caller leaves a message for me I might call them back.

I had lunch with the kid today.

He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it only once. I was sort of impressed.

The other day, when we were talking, he even told me, he has had it with ads, everywhere, ads.

I raised him with only about two hours a day of Netflix after dinner. The rest was just reading, homework, outside play & socializing or toys.

So, now that he is an adult, on his own, he is exposed to "reality," and he does not like, how much reality is saturated with. . . of all things, advertisements. He grew up without any.

I told him in my childhood, I had them all over the place, I still have all sorts of them in my brain, I call them "tattoos on the mind." :hmpf:

Last Year.

I'm willing to bet, there is not a soul in American society that dies without this jingle memorized against their will. :sigh2:

Recalling them takes me back to a better time in America. :)

Forum List

Back