OFFICIALS MOVE TO KEEP DALLAS HEALTH WORKERS HOME

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
OFFICIALS MOVE TO KEEP DALLAS HEALTH WORKERS HOME

DALLAS (AP) -- Texas officials moved for the first time Thursday to force health care workers who had contact with a dying Ebola patient to stay home, reversing course after a nurse later diagnosed with the disease flew across the Midwest and deepened anxiety about whether the virus would spread in the U.S.

Seventy-five Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas employees who had contact with Thomas Eric Duncan were asked to sign legal documents in which they agreed not go to public places or use mass transit, according to Judge Clay Jenkins, top administrator for Dallas County.

The agreements are legally binding and can be enforced with a variety of remedies, Jenkins said, though he repeatedly declined to elaborate on specific punishments and expressed confidence that everyone would comply.

"From 21 days after their last exposure, we are agreeing that they are not going to go on any form of public conveyance - any sort of public transportation," Jenkins said. "We are agreeing that they won't go where people congregate - public spaces - and we are agreeing that they will self-monitor and allow us to monitor them twice a day."

News from The Associated Press

The hospital realized its liability to other patients and the general public. Something the CDC has no concern for.

hope they don't feel the need to run out and buy some soup like that Nancy Snyderman woman did .

hope they don't feel the need to run out and buy some soup like that Nancy Snyderman woman did .
I would think that a ton of people would be willing to drop off boxes of anything these people desired in order to inspire them not to leave their homes for 21 days.

I would think that a ton of people would be willing to drop off boxes of anything these people desired in order to inspire them not to leave their homes for 21 days.

You would think Snyderman had more sense.
That's the thing that is so frightening about ebola. This isn't like scarlet fever in the 1800s in a populace who were intimately familiar by the time they were 10 years old with death, disease and loss...and the common sense in handling those issues. This is a populace sequestered from ANY ramifications of suspending common sense in favor of self or political correctness.

The nurse from Dallas who got on that plane with a fever is the CLASSIC example of the stupid self-absorbed American ignoramous. "I want to fly on this plane. I cannot possibly have ebola. I'm so-and-so and my superior status as a nurse or [fill in the blank] makes me impervious to disease or spreading it to other people"

That is C-L-A-S-S-I-C American foolish arrogance. And it is endemic in our culture.

Forum List

Back