Yellen: Obama's doing it wrong!!

Extent of inequality in US greatly concerns me Fed Chair Yellen

Im laughing.........the PC zombies still dont get it.

Middle class getting hammered......zero opportunity while the wealthy reach historic levels of rich!!!!!

Let me guess?

Its the fault of the Republicans!!!:boobies::boobies::boobies::2up:

Hey dude, don't you have a shotgun video to post? I mean you got nothing else to add to any conversation. But you sure do loves you some shot guns. Lets see that video again. I forgot, does it blow something up?

Middle class getting hammered......zero opportunity while the wealthy reach historic levels of rich!!!!!

Let me guess?

Hey dude, don't you have a shotgun video to post? I mean you got nothing else to add to any conversation. But you sure do loves you some shot guns. Lets see that video again. I forgot, does it blow something up?

LOL.....I do have a penchent for making heads explode amongst the far left do I not???!!!

Lets face it.......its a nut sack kick when the Fed chairman is saying the boss is sucking!!!:fu:

Yeah......those semi-auto shotgun vids are the shit.......except of course to the limpwristed far left who defend their houses with a collection of wiffle ball bats!!!:rock::rock::rock::funnyface:

Let me guess?

ahhh...diversion...leftists last refuge when losing an argument.

Let me guess?

ahhh...diversion...leftists last refuge when losing an argument.

Indeed........but for sure, its what keeps this place such a hoot!!! Its what keeps us coming back........watching the heads of the far left explode as the nation devolves into a Jonestown under Soetero.

I laugh my balls off when I think of all those meatheads on the mall in DC in January of 2009!!:beer:

The money printing must flow.....

Granny says, "Dat's right - dem got rocks shareholders just keep gettin' richer...

Fed delay could spur more debt issues to fund share buybacks
Wed Sep 23, 2015 - A record year for debt-funded stock buybacks may soon become even more rewarding for shareholders.
The Federal Reserve's decision to delay raising interest rates for the first time since the 2008 financial crisis will likely encourage companies to take out more debt to repurchase their own shares or issue special dividends before the end of the year, adding to the almost $1 trillion that companies were already on pace to return to investors this year, fund managers and analysts say. That's because, with historically low interest rates now likely to extend to at least December, companies are "now in a sort of borrowing nirvana," said a bond strategist, who asked not to be quoted by name because he recently left one firm and has not yet officially started at his new position.

r

A woman jogs past the Federal Reserve headquarters in Washington

While there is no way to track debt taken out for share buy-backs alone, U.S. corporations have taken out $59.4 billion in debt this year - or about 8 percent of the total amount of U.S. corporate debt issued - to fund special dividends to shareholders, according to data from Dealogic. That is more than double the $28.4 billion issued for special dividends in 2014, which are another way that companies reward shareholders and tend to parallel buyback purchases. Interest rates at near zero have increasingly prompted companies flush with cash to issue debt to fund share buybacks. Apple Inc, for instance, has issued $23.6 billion in debt this year despite having more than $200 billion in cash, part of its plan to buy-back up to $140 billion in shares by the end of March 2017. MetLife Inc., meanwhile, sold $1.5 billion in bonds in June to fund share buybacks, while having more than $10 billion in cash on its balance sheet.

Executives have several reasons to take out longer-term debt to reward shareholders now. A blue-chip company will likely pay about 2.2 percent interest on a 5-year bond while at the same time paying out about 3 percent in dividends a year, making it less expensive to buy shares outright, bond analysts said. And, with pay and bonuses often tied to share performance, corporate management teams have an incentive to spend money to bolster share prices, especially in a time of slow earnings growth. "On a short-term basis, buybacks create more demand even if the stock itself isn't all that attractive," said Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst for S&P Dow Jones Indices.

SHAREHOLDER REWARDS

See also:

As clock ticks, Senate seeks way to avert shutdown
Plans to avert a U.S. government shutdown began taking shape in the Senate on Tuesday, but it was still far from certain whether a dispute over funding for women's healthcare group Planned Parenthood could be overcome.
With only days remaining before an Oct. 1 deadline, Senate leaders said they were pursuing a stop-gap funding bill to extend the present federal budget for about 10 weeks beyond the Sept. 30 end of the fiscal year. Known as a continuing resolution, or CR, this approach was gaining traction, said senior senators from both parties. Meanwhile, the White House budget office began working with government agencies on shutdown plans. "Prudent management requires that the government plan for the possibility of a lapse," a spokeswoman for the Office of Management and Budget said in a statement, emphasizing that the White House believes there was still time to prevent a shutdown.

The Senate's CR approach may fail if conservative Republicans in the House of Representatives stand by their threat to oppose any spending plan that preserves federal funding for Planned Parenthood, which is under attack over allegations that it improperly sells aborted fetal tissue. President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats oppose defunding the group, which has said it has done nothing wrong and blasted the allegations as deceptive and unfair. "Given the president's opposition and Democrats' opposition, at some point I anticipate there will be a clean CR," said Senator John Cornyn, the second-ranking Senate Republican.

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid largely concurred saying, "We're going to move to a clean CR on Thursday." There were no signs, however, that House Republicans would go along with this plan. Abortions are a small part of Planned Parenthood's services, making it a perennial target for anti-abortion forces among conservative Republicans.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said the Senate would vote on Thursday on a CR keeping federal agencies funded through Dec. 11 and giving Congress time to work out a longer-term budget deal. McConnell's measure would try to strip the portion of Planned Parenthood funding from discretionary programs. Democrats were expected to block that version of the bill. Conservative Republicans have called for an end to the group's current funding of about $500 million a year, mostly from Medicaid healthcare reimbursements independent of annual spending bills. McConnell's bill would attack a much smaller portion, about $50 million.

As clock ticks, Senate seeks way to avert shutdown

Fed gonna figure out how to squeeze another nickel outta the economy...

Yellen: Fed Still on Track to Raise Interest Rates This Year
September 24, 2015 - The head of the U.S. central bank said Thursday that she expected the Federal Reserve to begin raising interest rates from record lows by the end of this year.
Janet Yellen made the comments in a speech after officials delayed a long-predicted interest rate hike last week. The delay prompted investors and others to question the timing of the rate increase.

In a lengthy academic presentation, Yellen said interest rate increases would come when inflation seemed likely to move closer to the central bank's 2 percent target rate. She said inflation had been held down by temporary factors, like the rising strength of the dollar and the falling price of oil. She also said inflation that was too low could hurt the economy by increasing the cost of repaying loans and prompting investors to put money into risky ventures.

Yellen spoke on a day that brought mixed news about the U.S. economy, with the Caterpillar company announcing it would cut 10,000 jobs and close a number of facilities over the next couple of years. Caterpillar was hurt by falling demand for commodities that are produced with the help of its equipment.

Meanwhile, the number of Americans signing up for unemployment insurance rose slightly last week but remained below 300,000. Experts said the relatively low level of layoffs was a sign of a healthy job market. A separate report said sales of new homes rose solidly in August.

Yellen: Fed Still on Track to Raise Interest Rates This Year

Forum List

Back