Official USMB Mafia Game #9: Battle for Cityville

far too* carefree

/sigh
:lol: I would probably be care free if I were scum...it adds to the entertainment and enigma factor.
Oh and the fact that I had to go look at the playerlist to remember everyone here is either an indication that people aren't posting enough or that I'm super tired and dealing with fuzzy brain right now. Or both.
Hmmm...thinking you are scum too.

I'm not but o.k. why do you think that?
No need to look back at the playerlist unless you need the names of townies.

Scum pay a lot more attention to detail than town does in general usually to avoid making a mistake. Town is more likely to wing it in a game. Again, this isn't a set rule but usually a good way to read inattentiveness.

far too* carefree

/sigh
:lol: I would probably be care free if I were scum...it adds to the entertainment and enigma factor.
Oh and the fact that I had to go look at the playerlist to remember everyone here is either an indication that people aren't posting enough or that I'm super tired and dealing with fuzzy brain right now. Or both.

You need the names of townies if you're going to provide reads on them, aren't you?

I went back to the OP to get the list of names as well. Am I scum for admitting to that?
Who cares if someone is town...we are looking for scum, right?

far too* carefree

/sigh

You need the names of townies if you're going to provide reads on them, aren't you?

I went back to the OP to get the list of names as well. Am I scum for admitting to that?

Ever hear of process of elimination?

If you read somebody as town, you're taking a stance that you can be held accountable for if you later decide to vote them. You'll need to have good reason to do so.

Scum don't want to read townies as town unless they can do so in a way they can back out of, because it makes it harder to mislynch.them later.

However, they have to toss out town reads because it'd be far too easy to find scum simply by saying, "Hey, you never townread ANYBODY, you must be scum!"

far too* carefree

/sigh

Townhunting doesn't hurt though. We need to be able to figure out town to narrow down who the scum are. So I want to know who the townies are so I don't mislynch anyone. It's also good to work with your townreads to compare reads and scumhunt better. IF they are in fact town. Really good scum players can look like town but it's super hard to pull of a really hard core town game if you are scum.

Aye
Avi
Wake
----- Line of Lynchability -----
Wolfsister77
Nutz
FA_Q2
RosieS

These names are posted in no particular order either above or below the line.

I don't like what I've read from Aye & Avi, and I haven't seen enough from Wake to bump him below the line.

Wolf seems to be playing a townish game. It's not a lot to go on yet, but enough to earn her a pass for D1
Nutz, I agree is far to carefree to be newbscum.
FA-Q2 also has a relaxed demeanor. He's either town or very comfortable playing scum.
Rosie... I don't care to lynch today.

The bolded line is a good example of a scummy townread, looking back on it, because I left myself an opening to back out of it later.

Considering this is D1, such things are to be expected because we can't really be certain of anything at the beginning of the game. If you see a townread like that later on in the game, be skeptical.

far too* carefree

/sigh

If you read somebody as town, you're taking a stance that you can be held accountable for if you later decide to vote them. You'll need to have good reason to do so.

Scum don't want to read townies as town unless they can do so in a way they can back out of, because it makes it harder to mislynch.them later.

However, they have to toss out town reads because it'd be far too easy to find scum simply by saying, "Hey, you never townread ANYBODY, you must be scum!"
Are there only 3 scum?

Are there only 3 scum?

We don't know. There are likely 2-3 in an 8 player game.

A good rule of thumb is square root of playerlist = scum.

The way I see it, no need to read townies...if you read scum, it is a given that the rest are considered to be townies. But you guys are the experienced ones...I am learning.

But I still think wolfsis is scum.

Are there only 3 scum?

That would be a lot for a game this size. I'm guessing 2.

The way I see it, no need to read townies...if you read scum, it is a given that the rest are considered to be townies. But you guys are the experienced ones...I am learning.

Do you think I am scum, too?

That's a bad read because what have I done that is scummy? And yes, you have to read everyone in a game to determine their alignment and you should be assessing their motives as well.

That's a bad read because what have I done that is scummy? And yes, you have to read everyone in a game to determine their alignment and you should be assessing their motives as well.

Apparently, Nutz thinks having to refer to the OP to get a list of players is scummy.

I also referred to the OP for a list of the players, so I want to know if Nutz also considers me scum for doing the same thing he's scumreading you for.

Apparently, Nutz thinks having to refer to the OP to get a list of players is scummy.

I also referred to the OP for a list of the players, so I want to know if Nutz also considers me scum for doing the same thing he's scumreading you for.

Well, I do that a lot in games so meh.........................

Well, I do that a lot in games so meh.........................

A lot of people do, which is what I'm trying to illustrate.

You both may be scum. You two seem to be trying to steer the reads

Are there only 3 scum?

That would be a lot for a game this size. I'm guessing 2.

I think you're right.

3 scum would be a 1 day MyLo if we mislynch on D1.

You both may be scum. You two seem to be trying to steer the reads

It's town's job to try to get scum lynched. What you need to look for is whether we are trying to sell our case (townie) or manipulate others (scummy).

Not to mention you two are getting pretty defensive because a newbie that barely knows what is going on thinks you are scum.

Not to mention you two are getting pretty defensive because a newbie that barely knows what is going on thinks you are scum.

Maybe that newbie should provide clear reasons instead of an abstract excuse, so we wouldn't have to ask.

Also, telling you why your read is bad isn't defensive. It's educational.

Forum List

Back