Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

@ScarletRage

Mertex isn't swift enuff, so she was put up to it by her Scum partner.

Mertex is telegraphing to the other Scum team to vote NK on one of those in her neighborhood.

This way, her team can target someone from another neighborhood ID'd by that team.

Thus ensuring TWO NK Is rather than targeting the same one and canceling it out.

They did not count on the tactic being exposed on Day One, however.

I do not have to trust you. I can see you are correct.

Vote:Mertex

Regards from Rosie

Okay Rosie, you threatened me in the QT that if I kept talking you would do just what you did. You are lying through your teeth, another reason to believe you are Scum.

@AyeCantSeeYou if you believe I'm Town, like you said in the neighborhood, why don't you expose Rosie for the liar that she is. I said I believed you were Town, surely you don't agree with her tactics if you are.

@RosieS you are wrecking your own credibility by lying through your teeth, just like Grandma did. Maybe not in this game, but surely in future games.
Little Miss Innocent that everyone is picking on was used by Grandma in Game 4.

Try again.

Regards from Rosie

I think you are confused. Everyone that wasn't Scum was VT. They may have had special powers/roles, but if they weren't Scum they were VT.
No, Mertex you are the one confused.

VT is fairly clearly defined:
A Vanilla Townie is a town role which lacks any additional powers or abilities aside from voting and posting in-thread.
Vanilla Townie - SA Mafia Wiki

You really should know this by now. These are the basic working definitions that we have been using the entire time.

If you have a role you are NOT a VT.

And BTW - clean up your damn nested quotes - there is no reason to nest the last 10 quotes. 3 or 4 should be all you need for the most complex conversation.

[

I know the difference between roles and abilities. Grandma already tried to make me out Scum by lying about me not sharing my ability.

And that is exactly why I'm saying this. Would a Townie reveal their "role" in a neighborhood without being 100% sure that everyone was Town? Especially when two of the neighbors are accusing one another of being Scum? Would you?

Never, but so many abilities act like role-ex. the Jail Keys, Meat Shield, etc. that it makes it confusing to say the least. No, I explained already in an earlier post that I would not share this in a hood because finding out Mani was a VT in game 3 was useful info. for scum in that game.

Of course, a clever townie could lie about this to give scum the incorrect info.

Wolfsister, as Scum in Game 3, you didn't have to find out that Mani was VT in the neighborhood. We already knew that that he was VT. :confused-84:

A clever Townie telling Scum they have a power role? How does that work? They get NK'd but turns out they didn't have a power role, so Scum is able to figure out that they are at least Town and not part of the other Scum Team and kills them? Yeah, that works really well.

Nobody knew before I told you. It wasn't said in the game until later. It was in the hood right away. I am just talking about role slipping for various reasons and NOT telling your neighborhood you have a PR if you do. That would be a mistake. I'm talking about situations where you might want to draw the NK or prevent it. It doesn't really matter much at this point and elaborating on it is confusing and unecessary info. when we need to concentrate on a lynch for D1.

What do you mean? We were Scum, we knew who we were, we knew that everyone that wasn't in our Scum group was VT. What are you talking about?

In game 3, no one but mani was VT. He told me in the neighborhood. I told the rest of the scum. Everyone else was a PR. I really think this is not necessary to go into detail over when we need to find a lynch candidate D1. I brought it up regarding how much is wise to tell your neighbors.

I will add though that even scum had PR. Myself and TN did. And no, not everyone was PR. Some were like hexers and such. Again, kind of confusing but nobody was a VT in that game but mani and again, not useful info. for this game unless we are talking about what is wise to tell your neighbors.

I think you are confused. Everyone that wasn't Scum was VT. They may have had special powers/roles, but if they weren't Scum they were VT.

You are confused. There is a difference between a Vanilla Townie and a Cop or a Tracker or a Roleblocker.

Mertex is pinging my scumdar somewhat but I think we should let her use her ability overnight and not try to wagon her.

Hey, Wolfie...didn't you say your vote is your power?

Why withhold your power if you have a tingle or two? LOL

Believe me, her ability will not be available to any but a VT.

Ask Grandma and Aye if that ain't so.

If she doesn't come up with some crappy excuse not to use it D1 and save it for D2.

So she can target some more Town....what she is constantly claiming being. Non-stop!

Regards from Rosie

A Vanilla Townie is a town role which lacks any additional powers or abilities aside from voting and posting in-thread.

You really should know this by now. These are the basic working definitions that we have been using the entire time.

VTs were given some abilities like hexers, balloon throwers, but they were still VT. I guess I should have said, anyone that wasn't Scum was Town. Wolf saying that everyone but Mani had a PR is not correct.

Mertex is pinging my scumdar somewhat but I think we should let her use her ability overnight and not try to wagon her.

If she doesn't come up with some crappy excuse not to use it D1 and save it for D2.

So she can target some more Town....what she is constantly claiming being. Non-stop!

Regards from Rosie

She's my number one suspect for D2 right now.

Regards from Rosie

Trying to gather more Townies to protect yourself? But you know....even if you get everyone to vote for me, your lies will be exposed when my death scene is posted, or my NK death scene is posted.....either way I'm a goner, but at least you are letting everyone know what you are.

Regards from Rosie

Why not Day1? If you are so sure that I'm Scum, vote for me now. What's keeping you?

Rosie is playing you, just like she mentioned in the QT. She's not afraid of posting exactly what she wants in the QT, because she knows I won't be around long. Too bad we can't copy and paste....but, you'll be able to see it afterwards, and how bad are you going to feel?

Regards from Rosie

Why not Day1? If you are so sure that I'm Scum, vote for me now. What's keeping you?

Rosie is playing you, just like she mentioned in the QT. She's not afraid of posting exactly what she wants in the QT, because she knows I won't be around long. Too bad we can't copy and paste....but, you'll be able to see it afterwards, and how bad are you going to feel?

If she is telling this plan in the QT then hopefully Aye and Grandma can back it up that she's hatching a scheme like this in the hood. I can't see it so I don't know.

I don't know your alignment for sure, you are just making me uneasy. I do know, if you are town, that you should be given the chance to protect someone and I don't like that anyone would be trying to prevent that unless they can explain to my satisfactorily why they would do that.

VTs were given some abilities like hexers, balloon throwers, but they were still VT. I guess I should have said, anyone that wasn't Scum was Town. Wolf saying that everyone but Mani had a PR is not correct.
Finally all are seeing what i saw day one, and her constant need to protect TN shows a collusion..

In game 3 we were not vanilla townies. My role was something like Rabid Balloon Tosser, not Vanilla Townie. We were effectively VT's, but technically named townies.

I could see one of them being scum. Heck, I could see them both being scum on separate teams. but I am really finding it unlikely that both scum members end up in the same hood. I suppose it's not impossible. But I am not at all persuaded by the argument.

Why not?

If 2 from different teams can be in the same neighborhood, it's entirely conceivable than 2 from the same team can also be neighbors.

That actually limits that team's intel gathering, as they have less townies to analyze and discuss in their collaborative area.

Because I think it's statistically unlikely.

How is is statistically impossible. Unless Wake indicated everyone's alignment, and specifically indicated no two Scums be together, it is statistically possible. If he just threw in 16 names, there is no telling how they would be picked. Might be remote, but certainly not impossible.

I said unlikely, not impossible.

Finally all are seeing what i saw day one, and her constant need to protect TN shows a collusion..

It really is odd that she is getting so aggressive now that votes and discussion of overriding Wolf's veto on TN are going again. I am more inclined to believe it is self-interested moreso than scum-oriented. If TN flips scum, she is a goner the following day probably. Trying to delay the lynch would delay her lynch a day and if she really is a PR maybe the results could show it. I suppose it could also be feeling that she owes it to him since he went on on a limb for her, but in the couple games I have played here there is no meta to me suggesting she is particularly empathetic toward other players.

I am not there yet on Mertex. Not compared to TN. I'll try to keep an open mind about it right up to any lynch but it seems a bit riskier with the worst-case scenario math. If it were one kill a night, I would be much more at ease with it though. Sort of a rock and a hard place right now.

Forum List

Back