Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

I don't think grandma should be on the table btw - I find her as a scum pick as well but a scum pick that can be lynched tomorrow when she does not have immunity if enough of us agree to lynch her.

I don't understand. What does Grandma having immunity from NK have to do with lynching her? She is Scum, she's not going to be NK by her own team. Surely the other Scum team is not that obtuse to try and NK her knowing she has immunity.

Her interaction with Rosie in the neighborhood leaves me wondering if she and Grandma are one of the Scum Teams. There's an awful lot of trust between them (in the neighborhood) that I find questionable. If Grandma thinks I'm Scum and Rosie and her are sharing information they wouldn't share out here, why would they trust to share it in front of me in the neighborhood? Something doesn't add up.

If you have objections to those we are talking about being Scum in the neighborhood, talk about it there.

You are not on that list, so Idk wtf are you bitching about?

What kind of scummy post is this?

Regards from Rosie

Rosie, I'm not talking about who you and Grandma are discussing as being Scum. I'm talking about you and Grandma's willingness to share information about your roles in the game that would make you a target to me and Aye if we were Scum. I think that is odd for a Townie to do so.

Even odder is complaining here INSTEAD of there.

Wolfie - take note that I said Mertex is acting oddly as to the neighborhood.

You wanted to know.

Regards from Rosie

If you want to consider acting oddly that I wasn't eager to share my role in the game, like you, well go ahead. You yourself said Grandma lied about me not wanting to share my ability. Did you do that just to distance yourself from Grandma? That would make sense.

I think you and Grandma are the ones that are acting oddly/Scummy in the neighborhood....unless everyone in the game agrees that everyone in a neighborhood should just accept that their neighbors are Town just because they say they are Town.

You and Grandma are not new players, you know better than that.

I backed up what Aye said because it was the truth.

And you turn on one who supported you, for no reason at all.

I warned you to check yourself.

Too late. You just wrecked yourself. Learn from it.

Regards from Rosie

@ScarletRage

Mertex isn't swift enuff, so she was put up to it by her Scum partner.

Mertex is telegraphing to the other Scum team to vote NK on one of those in her neighborhood.

This way, her team can target someone from another neighborhood ID'd by that team.

Thus ensuring TWO NK Is rather than targeting the same one and canceling it out.

They did not count on the tactic being exposed on Day One, however.

I do not have to trust you. I can see you are correct.

Vote:Mertex

Regards from Rosie

[

I know the difference between roles and abilities. Grandma already tried to make me out Scum by lying about me not sharing my ability.

And that is exactly why I'm saying this. Would a Townie reveal their "role" in a neighborhood without being 100% sure that everyone was Town? Especially when two of the neighbors are accusing one another of being Scum? Would you?

Never, but so many abilities act like role-ex. the Jail Keys, Meat Shield, etc. that it makes it confusing to say the least. No, I explained already in an earlier post that I would not share this in a hood because finding out Mani was a VT in game 3 was useful info. for scum in that game.

Of course, a clever townie could lie about this to give scum the incorrect info.

And then be targeted for a policy lynch when the truth came out?

Yes, but a lot of times people role slip in these games for various reasons without outright claiming. You might be VT or 1-shot BP trying to draw the NK or a PR trying to avoid it. It's kind of complex to explain and not really all that necessary at this point. Just an example.

Because I get snarky when I'm bored and people get a stick up their ass about it.
lol. Your being 'snarky' has nothing to do with it. I read Rosie as town and you certainly are not even in that ballpark of annoying.

No, here is why I suspect you house - you say you are new but I don't get that feel from you at all. You are not playing like you are new - understanding some topics and parts of the game that you shouldn't and on the other hand, you have been playing the newbie card and not understanding other parts that you should understand completely. You used an ability that clearly helps scum and then played it off - IF you had claimed your targets were scum and laid some votes on us first then I would have understood and your actions would have made some sense but you didn't - you used it against those that I don't recall you fingering as scum. Then you are posting filler - most of your posts go that way. Something that scum does in order to give the impression of participating without actually participating. Then there is the fact that you seem to be willing to jump on almost any wagon as soon as it looks like others might join in - another scum tactic. Scum likes to get in on the middle of a wagon so they are not under suspicion when the player flips town.

You judged all of my posts off of one night where I was b/sing because nobody else was really posting.

Smooth like exlax.

If it smells like shit but looks like liquid, it might be exlax.

This should have been your hint that I was getting bored.

Perhaps.

Vote: TN

I'm not sure how likely a TN lynch is with two blocked from voting for him. I've been going back and forth on him since the other day because of the odd behavior with the mertex and mentioned I would be willing to be the hammer vote when He was at L1. With Mebelle being replaced I am willing to give the replacement a chance to defend himself or herself.

I've seen Mertex and Rosie as acting suspicious, but per discussions here and in the neighborhoods I have my reasons to not vote for them at this moment in time. And Rosie was more like herself with her interaction with Shaitra.

I could vote for moonglow. I could compromise with him. But I think he is likely to flip town despite his play.

So at this point, I think the only rational choice for me is to vote TN.

Rosie is anything but herself this game, and the fact that you aren't willing to vote someone that has disrupted almost every game that has been played here is telling.

Funny, I wonder the same thing at night about you daywalkers.

I was tossing out bullshit posts just to have SOMETHING up in here.

I'm an afternoon/nighttime player myself.

It's the titties. TN is besotted with the titties.

Regards from Rosie

Nothing wrong with that. As long as you don't let it control you.

I note that within all that tripe you have nothing to say about targeting grandma - a player that is CONFIRMED IMMUNE to the NK but has a whole lot to scream about when Mertex says she might be useful...

That is interesting.

Grandma isn't getting put at L-2 either, so how exactly is your point valid in any way?

We could trustme and lynch Mertex.

Tn has a decent wagon.

Titus.
WE
ARE
NOT
LYNCHING
MERTEX
TO-FUCKING-DAY
STOP
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO PUSH A POLICY LYNCH PUSH MOONGLOW

Don't forget that 2 players are barred from voting for TN.

I don't understand. What does Grandma having immunity from NK have to do with lynching her? She is Scum, she's not going to be NK by her own team. Surely the other Scum team is not that obtuse to try and NK her knowing she has immunity.

Her interaction with Rosie in the neighborhood leaves me wondering if she and Grandma are one of the Scum Teams. There's an awful lot of trust between them (in the neighborhood) that I find questionable. If Grandma thinks I'm Scum and Rosie and her are sharing information they wouldn't share out here, why would they trust to share it in front of me in the neighborhood? Something doesn't add up.

We'll see.

@ScarletRage

Mertex is telegraphing to the other Scum team to vote NK on one of those in her neighborhood.

This way, her team can target someone from another neighborhood ID'd by that team.

Thus ensuring TWO NK Is rather than targeting the same one and canceling it out.

Regards from Rosie

WE ARE NOT LYNCHING MERTEX TODAY

IF YOU NEED A POLICY LYNCH THAT BAD VOTE MOONGLOW

[

I know the difference between roles and abilities. Grandma already tried to make me out Scum by lying about me not sharing my ability.

And that is exactly why I'm saying this. Would a Townie reveal their "role" in a neighborhood without being 100% sure that everyone was Town? Especially when two of the neighbors are accusing one another of being Scum? Would you?

Never, but so many abilities act like role-ex. the Jail Keys, Meat Shield, etc. that it makes it confusing to say the least. No, I explained already in an earlier post that I would not share this in a hood because finding out Mani was a VT in game 3 was useful info. for scum in that game.

Of course, a clever townie could lie about this to give scum the incorrect info.

Wolfsister, as Scum in Game 3, you didn't have to find out that Mani was VT in the neighborhood. We already knew that that he was VT. :confused-84:

A clever Townie telling Scum they have a power role? How does that work? They get NK'd but turns out they didn't have a power role, so Scum is able to figure out that they are at least Town and not part of the other Scum Team and kills them? Yeah, that works really well.

I could see one of them being scum. Heck, I could see them both being scum on separate teams. but I am really finding it unlikely that both scum members end up in the same hood. I suppose it's not impossible. But I am not at all persuaded by the argument.

Why not?

If 2 from different teams can be in the same neighborhood, it's entirely conceivable than 2 from the same team can also be neighbors.

That actually limits that team's intel gathering, as they have less townies to analyze and discuss in their collaborative area.

Because I think it's statistically unlikely.

But the probability of Mertex's paranoia getting way outta hand is < 50%.

She is alienating her erstwhile allies and lashing out wildly.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, Mertex.

Regards from Rosie

Too late for that.
haha.gif

Yep, that's for sure. She knows that.

Because I get snarky when I'm bored and people get a stick up their ass about it.
lol. Your being 'snarky' has nothing to do with it. I read Rosie as town and you certainly are not even in that ballpark of annoying.

No, here is why I suspect you house

Let's take a look at these, then. -

you say you are new but I don't get that feel from you at all. You are not playing like you are new - understanding some topics and parts of the game that you shouldn't and on the other hand, you have been playing the newbie card and not understanding other parts that you should understand completely.

If there was no such thing as a mafiawiki, I'd understand this assertion. Having a site to read up on the game, I have an understanding of some aspects of the game, but other parts elude me because I am a "click and read" surfer. I don't research in a linear fashion, I just look up whatever strikes my fancy.

Also, the things I have asked about tend to either not be covered in the wiki or are under terms that I am not familiar with (more likely). Either way, I couldn't find them so I had to ask (what you call simple stuff), but more technical aspects are detailed out better on the help site.

You used an ability that clearly helps scum and then played it off - IF you had claimed your targets were scum and laid some votes on us first then I would have understood and your actions would have made some sense but you didn't - you used it against those that I don't recall you fingering as scum.

It was the first time I've ever used an ability, and I knew nothing about how that might help scum. That was explained in neighborhood after the fact. Something you'd know if you were there. But you're not.

Then you are posting filler - most of your posts go that way.

1) "Most" is a faulty assertion based on me being bored because nobody was doing anything in game worth really deliberating with Wolfie gone.

2) Newbies aren't going to be analytical gurus. Nor will we have something productive every time we make a post.

Then there is the fact that you seem to be willing to jump on almost any wagon as soon as it looks like others might join in

I posted rationale for my votes (aside from the first one, which was a mutual joke between Cafe & I). This is a dumbass assertion, as:

Scum likes to get in on the middle of a wagon so they are not under suspicion when the player flips town.

1) If you post first, you're starting a train!
2) If you post second, you're hiding!
3) If you post in the middle, you're hiding!
4) Scum loves the hammer!

I've read all four, and each one is a ridiculous excuse to suspect somebody as being scum.

I could see one of them being scum. Heck, I could see them both being scum on separate teams. but I am really finding it unlikely that both scum members end up in the same hood. I suppose it's not impossible. But I am not at all persuaded by the argument.

Why not?

If 2 from different teams can be in the same neighborhood, it's entirely conceivable than 2 from the same team can also be neighbors.

That actually limits that team's intel gathering, as they have less townies to analyze and discuss in their collaborative area.

Because I think it's statistically unlikely.

How is is statistically impossible. Unless Wake indicated everyone's alignment, and specifically indicated no two Scums be together, it is statistically possible. If he just threw in 16 names, there is no telling how they would be picked. Might be remote, but certainly not impossible.

AFAIK, neighborhoods are randomized like everything else. The chances of that happening are basically a flat 20%. While not exactly likely, it certainly is not out of the question.

I've read all four, and each one is a ridiculous excuse to suspect somebody as being scum.
It certainly is...... when used alone or on a single wagon.

That, however, is not the case. I am not looking for one thing or even one behavior - EVERYONE does things that look like scum. What I am looking for is a pattern of multiple behaviors.

You might very well be new and I might be reading to far into your posts... or I might not. Nothing is certain here until you have been lynched or killed and Wake reveals your alignment/role BUT I certainly see a case against you as scum atm.

We shall see where it goes.

[

Wolfsister, as Scum in Game 3, you didn't have to find out that Mani was VT in the neighborhood. We already knew that that he was VT. :confused-84:

A clever Townie telling Scum they have a power role? How does that work? They get NK'd but turns out they didn't have a power role, so Scum is able to figure out that they are at least Town and not part of the other Scum Team and kills them? Yeah, that works really well.

Nobody knew before I told you. It wasn't said in the game until later. It was in the hood right away. I am just talking about role slipping for various reasons and NOT telling your neighborhood you have a PR if you do. That would be a mistake. I'm talking about situations where you might want to draw the NK or prevent it. It doesn't really matter much at this point and elaborating on it is confusing and unecessary info. when we need to concentrate on a lynch for D1.

@ScarletRage

Regards from Rosie

Okay Rosie, you threatened me in the QT that if I kept talking you would do just what you did. You are lying through your teeth, another reason to believe you are Scum.

@AyeCantSeeYou if you believe I'm Town, like you said in the neighborhood, why don't you expose Rosie for the liar that she is. I said I believed you were Town, surely you don't agree with her tactics if you are.

@RosieS you are wrecking your own credibility by lying through your teeth, just like Grandma did. Maybe not in this game, but surely in future games.

[

Nobody knew before I told you. It wasn't said in the game until later. It was in the hood right away. I am just talking about role slipping for various reasons and NOT telling your neighborhood you have a PR if you do. That would be a mistake. I'm talking about situations where you might want to draw the NK or prevent it. It doesn't really matter much at this point and elaborating on it is confusing and unecessary info. when we need to concentrate on a lynch for D1.

What do you mean? We were Scum, we knew who we were, we knew that everyone that wasn't in our Scum group was VT. What are you talking about?

[

What do you mean? We were Scum, we knew who we were, we knew that everyone that wasn't in our Scum group was VT. What are you talking about?

In game 3, no one but mani was VT. He told me in the neighborhood. I told the rest of the scum. Everyone else was a PR. I really think this is not necessary to go into detail over when we need to find a lynch candidate D1. I brought it up regarding how much is wise to tell your neighbors.

[

In game 3, no one but mani was VT. He told me in the neighborhood. I told the rest of the scum. Everyone else was a PR. I really think this is not necessary to go into detail over when we need to find a lynch candidate D1. I brought it up regarding how much is wise to tell your neighbors.

I will add though that even scum had PR. Myself and TN did. And no, not everyone was PR. Some were like hexers and such. Again, kind of confusing but nobody was a VT in that game but mani and again, not useful info. for this game unless we are talking about what is wise to tell your neighbors.

[

I will add though that even scum had PR. Myself and TN did. And no, not everyone was PR. Some were like hexers and such. Again, kind of confusing but nobody was a VT in that game but mani and again, not useful info. for this game unless we are talking about what is wise to tell your neighbors.

I think you are confused. Everyone that wasn't Scum was VT. They may have had special powers/roles, but if they weren't Scum they were VT.

Forum List

Back