Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Would anyone be opposed if my sister joined this game as a replacement? It appears we need a few.

Back to game. I was in a minor fender bender. I am ok. Posting should not decline, be patient with me please today.

I don't like lurker lynches day 1. However, I would like a volunteer with an unused ability they hate to claim they hate their ability. I can swap them with the lynchee if the lynchee has not usef their power.

Would anyone be opposed if my sister joined this game as a replacement? It appears we need a few.

Back to game. I was in a minor fender bender. I am ok. Posting should not decline, be patient with me please today.

I don't like lurker lynches day 1. However, I would like a volunteer with an unused ability they hate to claim they hate their ability. I can swap them with the lynchee if the lynchee has not usef their power.

Glad you're ok! :smile:

Been rereading the vote changes last night. I am a bit confused by House's change in vote.

In post 1351, House says he is voting for TN because the whole TN/Mertex situation and he thinks TN is scum. By 1375, he unvotes. I don't really see anything between those posts that helps me understand why.

I would like a little more info on what changed between those to posts. House?

Clarification between PR's and Abilities changed my mind, as I posted on my unvote. I don't see how I could have explained it clearer.

According to the rules, we're technically not supposed to be repping posts.

That probably goes for Like/Agree/Disagree, but @Wake should clarify.
And where is that stated?

First post of the game, it states:
  • No Positive/Negative repping.
In previous games, that was directed towards people NOT in the game. I'm not sure if it includes players now.

It's confusing...because under "Behavior" in the Game Timeline it says

I can't "like" any post in an ongoing game.
If it was intended to everyone, shouldn't he have said "noone"?

We don't have rep anymore, so that isn't even current.

Glad you are o.k. I will talk to Wake. Maybe he will extend the deadline. My vote is in unvote status.

fireandice.jpg

Vote Count 1.11

tn5421 (4): Sameech, FA_Q2, Sgt_Gath, ScarletRage
MeBelle60 (3): Avatar4321, Grandma, Mertex
Grandma (1): tn5421
Shaitra (1): RosieS

Not Voting (7): MeBelle60, Shaitra, CafeAuLait, House, Wolfsister77, Moonglow, AyeCantSeeYou

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
Deadline is 8/26/14, @1pm central.

[CafeAuLait] - Neighborize!
Select five other players. You and them will now be Neighbors, and have your very own Neighborhood. This effect lasts until the end of the game. This ability cannot be activated if less than six players are alive.

[Mertex] - Nimble Fingers
Select one player and steal his or her "
Green_Orb.png
" ability. You may not target a player who has already used an "
Green_Orb.png
" ability. You may only activate this ability during Day 1 or 2.

[Grandma] - Invulnerability
Shield yourself from all kill attempts the following Night. This ability may only be used during Day 1.

[House] - Revelation!
Target two players. The Mod publicly reveals their "" abilities for all to see.

[Shaitra] - Human Shield
Gain "1-Shot Meat Shield" status. You may guard one player during the Night, and if he or she would die, you will die instead.

[tn5421] - Elementalism
Select one player, and select either "Ice" or "Fire." That player will be protected from being killed by a Mafia team of that element the following Night. May only be activated during Day 1 or Day 2.

[Sgt_Gath] - Jailer's Keys
Select and give one player "1-Shot Jailkeeper" status. This means your target can jail one person once during the Night. A person that is jailed cannot be killed during that Night, but he or she also isn't able to use any abilities.

[RosieS] - Double Trouble
Target and give one player another chance to use his or her "" ability again. Cannot be used on players who haven't used an "" ability. May only be activated during Day 1 or 2.

[FA_Q2] - Recycle
Take one "" ability that has already been activated, and activate it as your own. You may only use this effect during Days 1 or 2.

[Wolfsister77] - Blockade
Select one player with two or more votes on his or her wagon. Remove two of those votes, and the players who had cast those two votes may not vote for that player again during this Day. This ability may only be activated during Day 1 or 2.

1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9

I would request a PL on myself for all my anti-town play. I think there's enough agreement that I keep messing up and I can go along with this.

Everyone of us has messed up at one time or another. By stealing an ability I became a target. If I had not stolen it and it had been revealed that I didn't I'm sure that would have appeared as Scum to some, especially to Scum.

Some have made it personal and have hurt feelings. I have apologized for my behavior, but it seems like others are able to get away with it, all in the context of the game. So, don't sacrifice yourself. If you are Town, keep working to find Scum. If you are Scum, well, I rather find you out than you give yourself up. That's my town win condition.

@Wake
I thought Wolf blocked me and Moon from voting for TN on Day 1. You still show Moon as voting for him.

I am completely fine with "Liking/Agreeing/Disagreeing" posts. Positive/negative repping no longer exists. No harm no foul.

If four or more players voice wanting the deadline extended by 4 days, it will happen.

I'm trying to figure out if using these agree's are good in this set up up or not.

According to the rules, we're technically not supposed to be repping posts.

That probably goes for Like/Agree/Disagree, but @Wake should clarify.

No, he said he (Wake) could not be "liking" posts. There was nothing in the rules about us liking or disliking posts.

Word?

General Rules
  • Zone 1 USMB rules are in effect.
  • Don't quote PMs or hidden links. Paraphrasing's fine.
  • Don't PM players about the game. That's cheating.
  • No invisible text allowed.
  • Don't edit/delete posts.
  • No accusing players of cheating openly. PM the Mod instead.
  • Pretending to break a rule is considered rulebreaking.
  • Play to your win condition (play to win.)
  • Modkilled players' alignments change to Neutral; they don't win.
  • I reserve the right to change the rules at any time; notification will be given.
  • You get three chances to not break my rules. Burn them and get modkilled.
  • Using Ignore Function is forbidden.
  • No Positive/Negative repping.
  • Scum win when their numbers equal or exceed that of the Town's.

I am completely fine with "Liking/Agreeing/Disagreeing" posts. No harm no foul.

If four or more players voice wanting the deadline extended by 4 days, it will happen.

@Wake

Request extension for the new folks to acclimate.

I would request a PL on myself for all my anti-town play. I think there's enough agreement that I keep messing up and I can go along with this.

Everyone of us has messed up at one time or another. By stealing an ability I became a target. If I had not stolen it and it had been revealed that I didn't I'm sure that would have appeared as Scum to some, especially to Scum.

Some have made it personal and have hurt feelings. I have apologized for my behavior, but it seems like others are able to get away with it, all in the context of the game. So, don't sacrifice yourself. If you are Town, keep working to find Scum. If you are Scum, well, I rather find you out than you give yourself up. That's my town win condition.

The lack of sleep is getting to me. You are right and thank you.

Moonglow and AyeCantSeeYou may not vote for tn5421 today.

[Wolfsister77] - Blockade
Select one player with two or more votes on his or her wagon. Remove two of those votes, and the players who had cast those two votes may not vote for that player again during this Day. This ability may only be activated during Day 1 or 2.

- Blockade

TN5421

Moonglow, AyeCan'tSeeYou

Wolfie, please don't replace out.

I underestimated how explosive this game would be (it's a template for a 32-player themed game with 3 special abilities per player). The forum update, which has been like bicycling through a boggy swamp route, has not helped. Subsequent Days should become much easier with PoE and the number of abilities tapering off.

*Underestimated, not overestimated. Can't brain today, it seems.

Forum List

Back