Official 2010 Baseball Thread

who the fuck knows, I'd prob throw CC out there on 3 days, Burnett is a head case and hasn't pitched in 5 years it feels like. This team is just brutal to fucking watch

The only thing though, is that it puts Hughes and Pettite a day ahead on rest as well.

So then the question would become, Hughes on short rest or AJ? :lol:

So much for Sanchez's ownage of Philly.

You guys would be offensively bankrupt without Ross. You're going to need more contribution than that if you want to win this series. He hit 8th and 6th in the lineup, and every homer so far has been a solo.

I'm not gonna talk too much shit, because it's still early as hell, but you guys are in some trouble if this is all the offense you can muster. Howard's swinging the bat great right now whether it's lefties or righties. It's only a matter of time before he gets a hold of one, and guys are getting on base in front of him.

Actually if you paid attention, Sanchez did a great job allowing only 1 earned run in 6 innings. the other scored on an error by Fontenot(who should not be starting over Pablo).

Sanchez did continue to own the Phillies collectively. But of course you are right. Cody Ross can't do it all himself.

Torres is killing us by refusing to put the ball in play and swinging for the fences in the leadoff spot. He's so fast why doesn't he just take a little swing out? Aubrey Huff finally put a good swing on the ball in the ninth but right at Victorino. Gotta get more outta him.

Buster Posey's been solid, either getting a walk or a hit or getting robbed by Victorino, but no ones on base in front of him.
A couple managerial mistakes in this game were #1 starting Fontenot instead of Pablo Sandoval(who has hit Oswalt well this year and has homerun power). The other was taking out lefty Jeremey Affelt who just struck out Howard, in order to turn Jimmy Rollins to the left side of the plate. I don't care what his numbers are. He's better from the left side of the plate. He's used to hitting left handed more often and is a dangerous hitter. Shoulda kept affelt in and pitched him agains the right handed Rollins.

Bottom line, Oswalt was on his game and there was no beating him last night. I guess you can't continue to own a great pitcher every time.

and the Giants bullpen has not done it's job. No big deal though. We knew we weren't gonna sweep, so we're happy drawing first blood and heading home for 3 in San Francisco where we are VERY tough to beat. It's a pretty good thing you guys won that game though or there would be early suicides in Philly before the series was even over.

On to the next level of attrition!!!!!!

Unless they changed the scoring on the pop up, it was scored a hit because several players had a shot at it and no one touched it, there wasn't a specific player to charge an error to. Those runs are earned. It was a stupid play, but it's still runs.

What gets me, and Buck mentioned this several times last night, is why the fuck is a pitcher barred from just catching that ball?

Also, his job is to direct traffic. He just stood there and didn't say a thing. So he's pretty responsible for those runs no matter how you look at it.

He was wild, but effectively wild as they say. Werth and Ibanez got themselves out several times with opportunities to pick up runs. I wouldn't necessarily say Sanchez baffled us. (I'm not giving you an inch here :lol:)

I like Hamels in SF, too. Bigger park, more room to allow a guy to possibly get a hold of one and not clear the fence. Sometimes he has a tendency to give up a bomb. Some of Ross's shots might not have made it out of AT&T.

It's going to be extremely difficult to beat Halladay twice, too. Meanwhile, Lincecum is due for a loss.

You know you're scared :D

Lincecum's not due for a loss. He already had some shakiness in Philly and with 5 days rest, he'll be back to normal at at&t park. But that's 2 starts from now. It's all about Matt Cain tonight. I trust him with my life. He's a true stud. The Giants will be thrilled to see Hamels and Blanton opposite Cain and Bumgarner, two very hot pitchers.

No Sanchez didn't dominate but he was fine. The blame was ultimately the offense getting pwned by Oswalt, another stud.

If you hadn't noticed though, of course you guys are all asleep when we're playing our games, The Giants only had 4 less homers all year than the Phils. So the offense isn't as terrible as all the ignorant east coast "experts" realize. This series has gone exactly the way our entire season has gone:
Win 1 or 2 low scoring 1 run games. lay an egg and get shut out, then have 1 game per series with an offensive explosion.

The Giants are due for the explosion. I think Hamels will lay an egg and will give up 2 runs in the first. It will be all over and the Giants win this game 7-2.

No not scared even if you win the next 2 games. because our pitching staff can do the same thing to your offense any time. It is likely we'll see a 7 game series.

Actually if you paid attention, Sanchez did a great job allowing only 1 earned run in 6 innings. the other scored on an error by Fontenot(who should not be starting over Pablo).

Sanchez did continue to own the Phillies collectively. But of course you are right. Cody Ross can't do it all himself.

Torres is killing us by refusing to put the ball in play and swinging for the fences in the leadoff spot. He's so fast why doesn't he just take a little swing out? Aubrey Huff finally put a good swing on the ball in the ninth but right at Victorino. Gotta get more outta him.

Buster Posey's been solid, either getting a walk or a hit or getting robbed by Victorino, but no ones on base in front of him.
A couple managerial mistakes in this game were #1 starting Fontenot instead of Pablo Sandoval(who has hit Oswalt well this year and has homerun power). The other was taking out lefty Jeremey Affelt who just struck out Howard, in order to turn Jimmy Rollins to the left side of the plate. I don't care what his numbers are. He's better from the left side of the plate. He's used to hitting left handed more often and is a dangerous hitter. Shoulda kept affelt in and pitched him agains the right handed Rollins.

Bottom line, Oswalt was on his game and there was no beating him last night. I guess you can't continue to own a great pitcher every time.

and the Giants bullpen has not done it's job. No big deal though. We knew we weren't gonna sweep, so we're happy drawing first blood and heading home for 3 in San Francisco where we are VERY tough to beat. It's a pretty good thing you guys won that game though or there would be early suicides in Philly before the series was even over.

On to the next level of attrition!!!!!!

Unless they changed the scoring on the pop up, it was scored a hit because several players had a shot at it and no one touched it, there wasn't a specific player to charge an error to. Those runs are earned. It was a stupid play, but it's still runs.

What gets me, and Buck mentioned this several times last night, is why the fuck is a pitcher barred from just catching that ball?

Also, his job is to direct traffic. He just stood there and didn't say a thing. So he's pretty responsible for those runs no matter how you look at it.

He was wild, but effectively wild as they say. Werth and Ibanez got themselves out several times with opportunities to pick up runs. I wouldn't necessarily say Sanchez baffled us. (I'm not giving you an inch here :lol:)

I like Hamels in SF, too. Bigger park, more room to allow a guy to possibly get a hold of one and not clear the fence. Sometimes he has a tendency to give up a bomb. Some of Ross's shots might not have made it out of AT&T.

It's going to be extremely difficult to beat Halladay twice, too. Meanwhile, Lincecum is due for a loss.

Lincecum's not due for a loss. He already had some shakiness in Philly and with 5 days rest, he'll be back to normal at at&t park. But that's 2 starts from now. It's all about Matt Cain tonight. I trust him with my life. He's a true stud. The Giants will be thrilled to see Hamels and Blanton opposite Cain and Bumgarner, two very hot pitchers.

No Sanchez didn't dominate but he was fine. The blame was ultimately the offense getting pwned by Oswalt, another stud.

If you hadn't noticed though, of course you guys are all asleep when we're playing our games, The Giants only had 4 less homers all year than the Phils. So the offense isn't as terrible as all the ignorant east coast "experts" realize. This series has gone exactly the way our entire season has gone:
Win 1 or 2 low scoring 1 run games. lay an egg and get shut out, then have 1 game per series with an offensive explosion.

The Giants are due for the explosion. I think Hamels will lay an egg and will give up 2 runs in the first. It will be all over and the Giants win this game 7-2.

No not scared even if you win the next 2 games. because our pitching staff can do the same thing to your offense any time. It is likely we'll see a 7 game series.

You trust Cain with your life? The same Cain you were ready to sell out for one measly bat last year?

You trust Cain with your life? The same Cain you were ready to sell out for one measly bat last year?

Not a measley bat. A Pujols. It doesn't lessen my opinion of him on the mound. Case in point right now he's mowin em down. Good Lord I hope the Giants can hold this one. 2-0 in the bottom of the 5th.

Oh my!!!!! remember what I said about defense being more important than offense at the second base position. The giants are now a plus one with Freddy Sanchez over Chase Utley thus far. Here's hoping it remains that way. A very strong position for the Giants right now. fingers crossed still

8971684-large.jpg

Not a measley bat. A Pujols. It doesn't lessen my opinion of him on the mound. Case in point right now he's mowin em down. Good Lord I hope the Giants can hold this one. 2-0 in the bottom of the 5th.

Dude...I would have taken Pujols being in your lineup today over facing Cain.

Some day you'll realize the virtues of good pitching over good hitting.

Today, it didn't matter who was in the box. Just like when Oswalt pitched against us. if Cain woulda pitched like this versus Oswalt, who knows what woulda happened. Probly an extra inning game.

but I know it's only 1 game. I think win or lose tomorrow will be the most fun to watch when finally a couple of non-elite pitchers will be on the mound. Though I've seen blanton and bumgarner pitch elite level games before, we may finally see some runs scored tomorrow.

A Very interesting matchup with Joe Blanton versus the Rookie Madison Bumgarner.

The Phillies will show up tomorrow. Will the Giants match it? I view this as a must win for the Giants. They should treat this like game 7, knowing you got Halladay and Oswalt next.

By the way, just so you know, we're all just as shocked as you are about CODY ROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To the point where even we pay him the utmost of compliments by asking the question: "Who IS that guy?

Last edited:
Good thing Brian Cashman didn't pull the trigger on that Cliff Lee deal in July...I don't know where the Yankees would be without Ivan Nova and Eduardo Nunez

Lol.Thank god he didnt get Lee.The Rangers have him for now,but trust me,when his contract runs out,the yankees will snatch him then.They always get the players they want.Money talks.When Johnny Damon was in his last year with The Royals, a fellow Royals fan was talking with me about him saying-small market teams like the royals cant compete with these big market teams.

Look at Damon,they dont have the money to resign him.just watch,he will sign with and hook up with another team,it'll probably be the yankees.Sure enough thats what happened.First he went to red sox and when they couldnt resign him,the yankees having the money,went after him and snatched him.they'll get lee as well eventually down the road.thats a given.

who the fuck knows, I'd prob throw CC out there on 3 days, Burnett is a head case and hasn't pitched in 5 years it feels like. This team is just brutal to fucking watch

totally agree.If I was Girardi,I would go with CC in a second.it would be a no brainer.I would take my chances with Pettit and Hughes on three days rest instead of taking them with Burnett is I were him.

Last edited:
season....done

You mean to tell me it's impossible that a superior team, the Yankees, can't win three games in a row? My how you pampered Yankee fans have no fighting spirit. You just expect everybody to lay down and give up the series so the mighty Yankees can get what's owed to them? Jeez Yankee fans put the TITLE in enTITLEd.

Didn't the Red Sox teach you guys anything? and you're not even down 3-0 like they were. Good thing the players don't think like fans. That's why they're players and not fans. The Yankees are better than the Rangers and won't see Cliff Lee again. This series is only over if the players believe it's over. Way to help your team out, way to motivate them with all your negativity. I never thought I'd say this but go Yankees!

season....done

You mean to tell me it's impossible that a superior team, the Yankees, can't win three games in a row? My how you pampered Yankee fans have no fighting spirit. You just expect everybody to lay down and give up the series so the mighty Yankees can get what's owed to them? Jeez Yankee fans put the TITLE in enTITLEd.

Didn't the Red Sox teach you guys anything? and you're not even down 3-0 like they were. Good thing the players don't think like fans. That's why they're players and not fans. The Yankees are better than the Rangers and won't see Cliff Lee again. This series is only over if the players believe it's over. Way to help your team out, way to motivate them with all your negativity. I never thought I'd say this but go Yankees!

Dude, Lee pitched game 3. He'll be available for a potential game 7 with regular rest.

season....done

:clap2: well done.funny how he could forget those 94 red sox.:lol: with the yankees,I never get relaxed about them not going to the world series even down 3-1,thats nothing for them.In fact Im still worried that tag out at home plate in the home opener will cost them.you cant expect Lee to go out and throw another shutout.Pettit is a pretty damn good pitcher as well and it looks like they will go into texas only down 3-2 the way todays game is going.I would put my money on the yankees before i would ever relax and think the Rangers will make it after their blunders in the opener.

season....done

Dude, Lee pitched game 3. He'll be available for a potential game 7 with regular rest.

yeah but like i said,you cant expect him to go out and throw another shutout and Pettit is pretty damn good as well.

is it possible? of course, anything is possible.

However, I don't like my chances knowing that I have to face Lee and we have to get there with Hughes winning game 6. I fully expected to win today with CC on the mound.

I obviously will still be rooting for them, but if I had to bet, I'm gonna bet season over

Forum List

Back