Offer Rejected to Move Mosque Away From Ground Zero to 'State Property'

Good God, man. Have some self-respect. Don't you know when you're being insulted?

This whole thing, from the laying of the cornerstone to the originally planned dedication date of 9/11/11 is a giant Fuck You, America! from Islam.

You guys falling all over yourselves to defend this look like the little squirt on the playground, trying to side with the bully.

We get it. You're open-minded and tolerant. Pat yourselves on the back, and turn it off.

It was suppose to bring the community together. It is a community center.
You ever think they planned it that day, so they could say they are making progress in regards to their relationship with the west?

No. And I don't believe strippers really, really like me, either.

The man has written a book about the relations between Islam and the US.

This is from the homepage of a group he started.

Founder and CEO of the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA Society) and Imam of Masjid Al-Farah, a mosque in New York City, twelve blocks from Ground Zero. He has dedicated his life to building bridges between Muslims and the West and is a leader in the effort to build religious pluralism and integrate Islam into modern society.
ASMA SOCIETY | American Society for Muslim Advancement

He has been Imam of Masjid al-Farah, a New York City mosque since 1983.[2][3] He wrote three books on Islam and its place in contemporary Western society, including What's Right with Islam is What's Right with America. Abdul Rauf founded two non-profit organizations whose stated missions are to enhance the discourse on Islam in society. He has condemned the 9/11 attacks as un-Islamic and called on the U.S. government to reduce the threat of terrorism by altering its Middle Eastern foreign policy.[4][

Feisal Abdul Rauf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imam, Masjid al-Farah in New York City; Founder and Chairman, Cordoba Initiative; author of What’s Right with Islam Is What’s Right with America
New York, NY
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is Chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, an independent, international, interreligious project that works with state and non-state actors to improve Muslim-West relations. Author of What's Right With Islam Is What's Right With America: A New Vision for Muslims and the West, he is also founder and CEO of the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA) and Imam of Masjid al-Farah. Imam Feisal is a member of the World Economic Forum Council of 100 Leaders on Western-Islamic World Dialogue and the recipient of The Alliance for International Conflict Prevention and Resolution's Annual Alliance Peacebuilder Award and The Interfaith Center of New York's Annual James Park Morton Interfaith Award.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is Chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, an independent, international, interreligious project that works with state and non-state actors to improve Muslim-West relations.
U.S.-Muslim Engagement Project - Leadership Group on U.S.-Muslim Engagement

That they're allowed their religious freedom under our first amendment? Why yes, I am glad to see we do not have the religious tolerance of other countries that are being used in comparison.

I'll be more specific, even though I think you know what I mean, because this question isn't about any law... "are you happy to see a muslim mosque being built at the sight where 3,000+ innocent men, women and children were murdered in cold blood by muslims?"

They are not building it on the sight, they are building it three blocks away. Let be clear here, please.

Two blocks away and overlooking the site due the planned high rise construction of the Mosque. (See the map posted earlier today--probably page 4 5 or 6 or so). The site of the mosque will be on the site of a building so damaged in 9/11 that it was torn down. Occupants of that building were among the more than 6,000 people who were injured but not kiled outright in the attack.

Are you saying the 9/11 terrorists weren't muslims?

9/11 terrorists were radical Muslims, yes. Now why don't you answer my question? Are all Muslims terrorists?

Radical, not radical, red, yellow or green. A muslim is a muslim, and they all follow the same book, the same God, and the same sharia law.

No, not all muslims are terrorists. But do you, or I for that matter, know exactly how many of them ARE terrorists? No to that also, but I'd guess quite a damn few of them, possibly hundreds of thousands.

Now you still haven't answered my question though bert... "are YOU happy, REGARDLESS OF THE LAW, that this mosque is being built at ground zero?" You've dodged that question every time I've asked it.

Are you saying the 9/11 terrorists weren't muslims?

9/11 terrorists were radical Muslims, yes. Now why don't you answer my question? Are all Muslims terrorists?

Radical, not radical, red, yellow or green. A muslim is a muslim, and they all follow the same book, the same God, and the same sharia law.

No, not all muslims are terrorists. But do you, or I for that matter, know exactly how many of them ARE terrorists? No to that also, but I'd guess quite a damn few of them, possibly hundreds of thousands.

Now you still haven't answered my question though bert... "are YOU happy, REGARDLESS OF THE LAW, that this mosque is being built at ground zero?" You've dodged that question every time I've asked it.

So with your logic, I can assume that every right wing christian is like you? How about christian hate groups? Can I assume that all christians are like them?

So possibly hundreds of thousands in a religion of 1.5 billion? Do you know how much of a small % that is? Honestly, think about that for a moment.

I already answered your question. I don't practice Islam so I don't know what kind of answer you're expecting.

can't do it can you?

You haven't answered our questions, why should we answer yours?

Unsurprisingly, this thread has been ignored by the Anti-Mosque crowd.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...was-a-bush-era-partner-for-mideast-peace.html

Unsurprisingly those opposing mainstream opinion point to the administration they characterize as the most partisan, ignorant, incompetent, racist, stupid, hateful, and destructive administration in history and the fact that THEY did it as justification for whatever stupid stuff happens now.

I don't know whether this Imam is good or bad, honest or dishonest, well intended or evil. I do know that he has given us zero reason to believe his motives are pure in this deal, however.

Unsurprisingly those opposing mainstream opinion point to the administration they characterize as the most partisan, ignorant, incompetent, racist, stupid, hateful, and destructive administration in history and the fact that THEY did it as justification for whatever stupid stuff happens now.

I don't know whether this Imam is good or bad, honest or dishonest, well intended or evil. I do know that he has given us zero reason to believe his motives are pure in this deal, however.

Mainstream opinion back when Loving V. Virginia happened was that Interracial marriage should of not be legal. I assume back then, you would of been fighting for whites to keep their race "pure" then?

It was suppose to bring the community together. It is a community center.
You ever think they planned it that day, so they could say they are making progress in regards to their relationship with the west?

No. And I don't believe strippers really, really like me, either.

The man has written a book about the relations between Islam and the US.

This is from the homepage of a group he started.

ASMA SOCIETY | American Society for Muslim Advancement

Feisal Abdul Rauf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imam, Masjid al-Farah in New York City; Founder and Chairman, Cordoba Initiative; author of What’s Right with Islam Is What’s Right with America
New York, NY
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is Chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, an independent, international, interreligious project that works with state and non-state actors to improve Muslim-West relations. Author of What's Right With Islam Is What's Right With America: A New Vision for Muslims and the West, he is also founder and CEO of the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA) and Imam of Masjid al-Farah. Imam Feisal is a member of the World Economic Forum Council of 100 Leaders on Western-Islamic World Dialogue and the recipient of The Alliance for International Conflict Prevention and Resolution's Annual Alliance Peacebuilder Award and The Interfaith Center of New York's Annual James Park Morton Interfaith Award.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is Chairman of the Cordoba Initiative, an independent, international, interreligious project that works with state and non-state actors to improve Muslim-West relations.
U.S.-Muslim Engagement Project - Leadership Group on U.S.-Muslim Engagement

Thanks for the links, Luissa, but if he's looking to build bridges, he's off to a pretty rocky start in NYC.

His rhetoric reads like the same conciliatry blather Obama has built a career on.

From an NRO interview:

“Are you arguing, or am I misunderstanding you, that the slaps on the face, to use your term, from the Muslim world to the West, are all reactive to things that the West has done?” an interviewer asks.

“Predominantly, because the West is the global superpower. . . . It’s the more powerful party in the relationship which sets the tone of the relationship,” Rauf replies. “In terms of specific conflict, specific issues that have resulted in specific actions within recent history, those have to be tied in to the perceptions which were created around what people were actually reacting to at that given point in time.”

When asked whether the U.S. bears “ultimate responsibility” for “any reactions,” Rauf responds, “I wouldn’t say ultimate. It’s the one who leads in the dance.”

Later in the interview, he says that “as a general rule, when people feel they’ve been humiliated, when people feel they’ve been frustrated, when people feel they’ve been ignored, when people feel that justice is not meted, then they feel the need to conflagrate.” Also: “In order to bridge the divide, we have to understand the dynamics, that there’s a certain — there’s a psychology. . . . If you do this, you get this reaction.”

Ground Zero Mosque Imam: ?They Feel the Need to Conflagrate? - The Corner - National Review Online

He has the right to build, I don't dispute that, but I understand those who find it insulting far better than I do those who want to rush to his aid during this public backlash. He wants to build a bridge, prove he's anti-terrorist? Let him move down the road as a sign of good faith. Then I'll buy it.

And where is Obama on this? Isn't this beer summit worthy?

Last edited:
This says it all, anything else is pure stupidity......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UvB7XG0dM]YouTube - Muslim Opposition To Mosque At Ground Zero !!![/ame]

Mod, Luissa, Shogun, et al, your sad individuals to use the Constitution to support their agenda......

So possibly hundreds of thousands in a religion of 1.5 billion? Do you know how much of a small % that is? Honestly, think about that for a moment.

I already answered your question. I don't practice Islam so I don't know what kind of answer you're expecting.

Sure it's small percentage, but with numbers that large, quite a few people.

And I get the impression you just don't want to answer the question because really, you ARE happy this mosque is being built at ground zero. Otherwise, it should be easy to say you're not. But then you couldn't so vehemently defend it's construction. I understand your plight, but find your lack of conviction disappointing.

One. It's not a mosque

Two. It's not being built on ground zero.

Three. Muslims also died in the 9/11 terrorist attack.

Four. The intention behind the Cordoba House is peaceful.

Five. This could be seen as an olive branch.

can't do it can you?

You haven't answered our questions, why should we answer yours?

Unsurprisingly, this thread has been ignored by the Anti-Mosque crowd.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...was-a-bush-era-partner-for-mideast-peace.html

The fact he has spent a good part of his career trying build relations between islam and the west, would be one reason to believe his motives are pure. The community center is named after a group he started and heads, that has worked with other groups on improving relations with the west.

Forum List

Back