Of those who served in the military, what was your favorite country visited?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Just out of curiosity, from another thread where USMB members listed their service, I was wondering.............

Of all the countries you've visited outside the US, which was your favorite and why?

Me? It's a toss up between Spain and Greece, because of the food, the tourism and the gorgeous women.

Nothing like a couple of nights in San Antonio Ibiza...........

Or on Colorado St. in Thessaloniki Greece...................

Denmark had some freakin' smokin' hot women
:eusa_drool:

Really enjoyed France. With the Eiffel Tower, lush countrysides, the Redlight district, ;)

But my overall favorite, believe it or not, would be Costa Rica.
We spent a week repairing schools and homes.
The kids' smiles and love made the malaria totally worth it
:cool:

Denmark had some freakin' smokin' hot women
:eusa_drool:

Really enjoyed France. With the Eiffel Tower, lush countrysides, the Redlight district, ;)

But my overall favorite, believe it or not, would be Costa Rica.
We spent a week repairing schools and homes.
The kids' smiles and love made the malaria totally worth it
:cool:

One of my favorite things to do while stationed in Memphis was to volunteer for the FEDEX Thanksgiving food drive and also to volunteer to work Memphis in May.

But.........those happened here in the US.

Germany was great. We toured all over Europe, lots of great places.

Ever get smashed sandwiches in France?

Yes, didn't really like the wine though, German wine was better. So was the beer.

Actually, some of the best wine in the Med is over in Sicily. Used to stop regularly in Augusta Bay Sicily and Catania Sicily and they had this really red wine that looked like red ink.

People on the boat were ordering cases of it when we came back.

Yes, didn't really like the wine though, German wine was better. So was the beer.

Actually, some of the best wine in the Med is over in Sicily. Used to stop regularly in Augusta Bay Sicily and Catania Sicily and they had this really red wine that looked like red ink.

Catania has the best Gelato I ever tasted.

Just out of curiosity, from another thread where USMB members listed their service, I was wondering.............

Of all the countries you've visited outside the US, which was your favorite and why?

Me? It's a toss up between Spain and Greece, because of the food, the tourism and the gorgeous women.

Why not leave the US as an option as the favorite?
Just asking.

Any reason why the OP was just "for those who served in the military"? No one ever travels except in the military? Were you looking for travel experiences specific to that context? Just wondering.

Why not leave the US as an option as the favorite?
Just asking.

Because we all already know that the US is the best country in the world!
:D

:salute:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Man I probably have to say Ireland, we stopped there on the way to my deployment to Kuwait and it so green and the landscape is beautiful, I also had a Guiness at the airport and it was so much stronger, tastier and better than the Guiness we get here in the States, also I saw a few Irish women at the airport and they were so hot and their accent was sexy, I wanted to say Fuck Kuwait and just stay in Ireland!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I was very lucky. Got to travel a lot with the USAF. Europe and the far east.

The LEAST favorite at the time was Vietnam. Jeez, I wonder why... Although I've heard from guys who've went back that it is quite an amazing country. Very capatalistic now...

Landed in Paris when the C-141 we were on had hydraulic problems. Got into a fight at one of those snooty French sidewalk cafes. One of the waiters called one of the guys I was with the "N" word. We were in Class A's and the waiter did not like Americans, especially GI's. Luckily, one of the Gendarmes (SP?) was ex-French paratrooper and had been to Fort Bragg. Late 70's then, I wonder if it's changed.

England, West Germany and Japan were incredible then and when I've been back. The best foreign country? Japan I think... although they are very good in their own way.

BEST PART OF ANY TRIP OVERSEAS - Coming back and walking by that sign that reads "Welcome to the United States of America"

I stopped at Siganella NAS on my way to Saudi Arabia, you ever go there?

I was very lucky. Got to travel a lot with the USAF. Europe and the far east.

The LEAST favorite at the time was Vietnam. Jeez, I wonder why... Although I've heard from guys who've went back that it is quite an amazing country. Very capatalistic now...

Landed in Paris when the C-141 we were on had hydraulic problems. Got into a fight at one of those snooty French sidewalk cafes. One of the waiters called one of the guys I was with the "N" word. We were in Class A's and the waiter did not like Americans, especially GI's. Luckily, one of the Gendarmes (SP?) was ex-French paratrooper and had been to Fort Bragg. Late 70's then, I wonder if it's changed.

England, West Germany and Japan were incredible then and when I've been back. The best foreign country? Japan I think... although they are very good in their own way.

BEST PART OF ANY TRIP OVERSEAS - Coming back and walking by that sign that reads "Welcome to the United States of America"

FUCKIN A!:clap2:

Forum List

Back