Of those who served in the military, what was your favorite country visited?

Athens, Greece
Alexandria, Eygpt
Rome, Itlay
Palma, Spain
San Juan, PR
Cayman Islands
Kiel, Germany
London, England
Mombossa, Kenya.

The shit holes
Naples, Italy
Karchi,Pakistan
Anywhere in sicily
Beruit, Leabon
Anywhere in Turkey
Deigo Garcia
Suez Canal

Ft. Lauderdale
New Orleans
Gaeta Italy
Haifa Israel
Pearl Harbor
Yokosuka, Japan
etc. etc. etc. - all good.

On our way back from Panama, a friend of our Captain had a Catamaran in Ft. Lauderdale he wanted us to stop by and pick up for him (we tied it down to our helo-deck).
So we got 6 days of liberty right smack dab in the middle of spring break!
Oh, MY, GOD!!!!
Pussy every-fucking-where!!!!
:eusa_drool:
A motel room with a couple buds and 5 girls with zero inhibitions comes to mind.
;)

Man I probably have to say Ireland, we stopped there on the way to my deployment to Kuwait and it so green and the landscape is beautiful, I also had a Guiness at the airport and it was so much stronger, tastier and better than the Guiness we get here in the States, also I saw a few Irish women at the airport and they were so hot and their accent was sexy, I wanted to say Fuck Kuwait and just stay in Ireland!

:clap2:

Ireland rocks!

Ft. Lauderdale
New Orleans
Gaeta Italy
Haifa Israel
Pearl Harbor
Yokosuka, Japan

On our way back from Panama, a friend of our Captain had a Catamaran in Ft. Lauderdale he wanted us to stop by and pick up for him (we tied it down to our helo-deck).
Oh, MY, GOD!!!!
A motel room with a couple buds and 5 girls with zero inhibitions comes to mind.
;)

All you had to do back in those days in Ft. Liquordale was start walking in your dress whites. Within 5 minutes, you were picked up and brought to a bar for free drinks and lunch. That was in the mid-80s - the people of that town absolutely loved the Navy back then. Hopefully it's still the same.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Athens, Greece
Alexandria, Eygpt
Rome, Itlay
Palma, Spain
San Juan, PR
Cayman Islands
Kiel, Germany
London, England
Mombossa, Kenya.

The shit holes
Naples, Italy
Karchi,Pakistan
Anywhere in sicily
Beruit, Leabon
Anywhere in Turkey
Deigo Garcia
Suez Canal

We brought BB-61 to Kiel back in 89, I think it was. Kiel Week was in full swing. What a blast.

I was on an LKA off the coast of Beirut in 83. What were you on at the time...

Ft. Lauderdale
New Orleans
Gaeta Italy
Haifa Israel
Pearl Harbor
Yokosuka, Japan

Oh, MY, GOD!!!!
;)

All you had to do back in those days in Ft. Liquordale was start walking in your dress whites. Within 5 minutes, you were picked up and brought to a bar for free drinks and lunch. That was in the mid-80s - the people of that town absolutely loved the Navy back then. Hopefully it's still the same.

That was when I was there :D
I don't remember spending any money myself.......but, then again, I don't remember much.

I do remember The Donut Shop, tho...
:eusa_whistle:

Oh, MY, GOD!!!!
;)

I don't remember spending any money myself.......but, then again, I don't remember much.

Yeah - I remember that place. Did you make it to the topless carwash?

Athens, Greece
Alexandria, Eygpt
Rome, Itlay
Palma, Spain
San Juan, PR
Cayman Islands
Kiel, Germany
London, England
Mombossa, Kenya.

The shit holes
Naples, Italy
Karchi,Pakistan
Anywhere in sicily
Beruit, Leabon
Anywhere in Turkey
Deigo Garcia
Suez Canal

We brought BB-61 to Kiel back in 89, I think it was. Kiel Week was in full swing. What a blast.

Shit, that gave me goose bumps, bro'.
I remember Kiel, Ger.
:cool:
It was 85 for me, tho....
That town had some awesome discotheques!!!!

Athens, Greece
Alexandria, Eygpt
Rome, Itlay
Palma, Spain
San Juan, PR
Cayman Islands
Kiel, Germany
London, England
Mombossa, Kenya.

The shit holes
Naples, Italy
Karchi,Pakistan
Anywhere in sicily
Beruit, Leabon
Anywhere in Turkey
Deigo Garcia
Suez Canal

USS John King DDG3 83-84

Oh, MY, GOD!!!!
;)

Who remembers the Candy Store Bar...wow what a party.

I do !!!!!! But wasn't it the Candy Striper, or something like that??

I do !!!!!! But wasn't it the Candy Striper, or something like that??

Could've been, I was so wasted, I just re-enlisted at port everglades so I dont remember much. Got to be the first off the ship for re-enlisting.

Forum List

Back