Of all the candidates, who would you vote for in the General Election?

I'd vote for Webb, Biden or Sanders. I'll probably sit this one out, go third party or write someone in if none of them get that far.
If you were to write someone in, who do you think you would be thinking about?

Jay Bulworth.

I have no idea. The fact that I'd write in a candidate pretty means that I'm not really taking it seriously, so I think I'd be just as likely to write in a fictional character as an actual person.

Hold on, this is actually an interesting train of thought. If I had to pick a real person that I honestly thought would be a good President, out of anyone in the world...

Give me a second to think about this.

Why not Bernie sanders? He understands the problems the rich have caused our nation...What exactly do you want in a candidate?

You've mentioned the Dynasties and the problems with them. I agree that Jeb couldn't be considered due to GW but I feel the same way with the Clinton "trust" issue.

You are the first to say they would vote for Biden if he ran. I wonder if there are others.

I'm sure there are others, look at how he polls. I would vote for Biden. Wish he was in the debate, if he was I bet he would have done well.
He's a fantastic debater. He probably would've won. But he can only be President for 4 years. It would be a bad idea for him to jump in.
Why only 4 years?
Because he was Vice President for 8. The max he can be involved is 12 years.
I'm embarrassed I didn't know that.

Don't be embarrassed, I'm pretty sure it's not true.

TheOldSchool - do you have a link? I've never heard that before.

I'd vote for Webb, Biden or Sanders. I'll probably sit this one out, go third party or write someone in if none of them get that far.

Jay Bulworth.

I have no idea. The fact that I'd write in a candidate pretty means that I'm not really taking it seriously, so I think I'd be just as likely to write in a fictional character as an actual person.

Hold on, this is actually an interesting train of thought. If I had to pick a real person that I honestly thought would be a good President, out of anyone in the world...

Why not Bernie sanders? He understands the problems the rich have caused our nation...What exactly do you want in a candidate?

Take a look at the whole quote above, I've highlighted the salient point for you.

Jay Bulworth.

The rich are most definitely gluttons and they will continue to totally dominate the political class. Bernie is a moron when it comes to reality and Hillary is fully owned. He's been in the Senate for years with absolutely zero legislative successes.

Last edited:
You've mentioned the Dynasties and the problems with them. I agree that Jeb couldn't be considered due to GW but I feel the same way with the Clinton "trust" issue.

You are the first to say they would vote for Biden if he ran. I wonder if there are others.

I'm sure there are others, look at how he polls. I would vote for Biden. Wish he was in the debate, if he was I bet he would have done well.
He's a fantastic debater. He probably would've won. But he can only be President for 4 years. It would be a bad idea for him to jump in.
Why only 4 years?
That's not true.
Oh shit wait... am I actually wrong? Can someone who was VP for 2 terms run for 2 Presidential elections afterwards?

Why only 4 years?
That's not true.
Oh shit wait... am I actually wrong? Can someone who was VP for 2 terms run for 2 Presidential elections afterwards?

As far as I've been able to find, yep.

In fact, apparently you can be VP for an unlimited number of terms - all you need to do is find multiple Presidents to serve under.

Oh come on, Palin kicked his ass, the guy would be a nice drinking buddy but he's a complete moron.
Wow Lump. I don't recall Palin winning the VP spot. Does she even have a career anymore?
She won the debate and "hope and change" has made America the laughing stock of the world and the national debt almost 19 trillion. You divine success as a political win with the country completely screwed over, correct?
Sounds like you need a Snickers

Oh come on, Palin kicked his ass, the guy would be a nice drinking buddy but he's a complete moron.
Wow Lump. I don't recall Palin winning the VP spot. Does she even have a career anymore?
She won the debate and "hope and change" has made America the laughing stock of the world and the national debt almost 19 trillion. You divine success as a political win with the country completely screwed over, correct?

That debt was created by your tax breaks for the rich and your wars. Do you really believe the tiny bump in infrastructure funding that is now the lowest in 30 years caused it? DO you really believe science or educational funding caused it??? Those two areas didn't see a increase.

Lets be honest...We have got to get out of these wars and we have got to get a handle on the cheating rich.

No way in hell did infrastructure, science, or educational funding at Reagan levels caused 1/100th of this debt.

Can we be honest?

It's funny. I've been a YUUUUGE Biden fan forever. I voted for him in the 1988 primary, and in the 2008 primary over Obama or Clinton. I wanted him to be Secretary of State after he quit, but before Obama picked him to be VP. I think he's a very capable, smart guy despite his foibles and occasional gaffes. But now I don't want him to run. He has played this emotional thing very badly and now looks to me to be playing politics with it. Plus, he will only end up weakening Hillary, and taking support from her. Since she is likely to be the nominee, I don't want her damaged from a fellow Democrat.

My picks: Sanders, O'Malley, Clinton.

If I have to pick a Republican, the least offensive is Christie. Rand Paul occasionally impresses me, but ALWAYS fucks it up with a policy position that looks like it was written by retards. Plus, I believe he's a racist.

Trump has some very good positions, but he's not used to being told 'no', and he would hear it a lot from Congress, from both sides. I'm not sure if he would be able to deal with it, or just end up embarrassing America even more than Dubya did.

Of course, I thought that America could survive 4 years of Perot, so maybe we could survive 4 years of The Donald.

Why only 4 years?
That's not true.

As far as I've been able to find, yep.

In fact, apparently you can be VP for an unlimited number of terms - all you need to do is find multiple Presidents to serve under.
Damn! What the hell was I thinking? Shit mods delete everything I've ever said! :eek:

It's funny. I've been a YUUUUGE Biden fan forever. I voted for him in the 1988 primary, and in the 2008 primary over Obama or Clinton. I wanted him to be Secretary of State after he quit, but before Obama picked him to be VP. I think he's a very capable, smart guy despite his foibles and occasional gaffes. But now I don't want him to run. He has played this emotional thing very badly and now looks to me to be playing politics with it. Plus, he will only end up weakening Hillary, and taking support from her. Since she is likely to be the nominee, I don't want her damaged from a fellow Democrat.

My picks: Sanders, O'Malley, Clinton.

If I have to pick a Republican, the least offensive is Christie. Rand Paul occasionally impresses me, but ALWAYS fucks it up with a policy position that looks like it was written by retards. Plus, I believe he's a racist.

Trump has some very good positions, but he's not used to being told 'no', and he would hear it a lot from Congress, from both sides. I'm not sure if he would be able to deal with it, or just end up embarrassing America even more than Dubya did.

Of course, I thought that America could survive 4 years of Perot, so maybe we could survive 4 years of The Donald.
Good post. A lot to think about. And the fact that Trump has to hear a "no" and accept it will not only come from Congress but advisers if they are honest. I think Trump is smart enough to get the best advisers but will he take their recommendations seriously if they oppose one of his own policies.

I can tell you who is unqualified to even be considered for president, based on their lack of intelligence or lack of character:

Huckaminajad - smarts
Cruz - character (maybe also smarts)
Carson - smarts
Graham - character
Jindal - character

That debt was created by your tax breaks for the rich and your wars. Do you really believe the tiny bump in infrastructure funding that is now the lowest in 30 years caused it? DO you really believe science or educational funding caused it??? Those two areas didn't see a increase.

Lets be honest...We have got to get out of these wars and we have got to get a handle on the cheating rich.

No way in hell did infrastructure, science, or educational funding at Reagan levels caused 1/100th of this debt.

Can we be honest?
Can you be informed and capable of critical thought?

You're driven by your cowardly need for free stuff at others expense, commonly called a freeloader and a drain on society. The fact that you want government legally feeding/stealing off success is nothing to be proud of and hardly a noble or freedom loving American sentiment.

Last edited:
I can tell you who is unqualified to even be considered for president, based on their lack of intelligence or lack of character:

Huckaminajad - smarts
Carson - smarts
Graham - character
Jindal - character
You're saying all these candidates lack smarts and/or character? Let's put them in comparison with Hillary...then they appear to have great character and very competent. Just saying...

I think Trump is smart enough to get the best advisers but will he take their recommendations seriously if they oppose one of his own policies.
When has anyone ever told him no? That's the downside of a billionaire. They are surrounded by yes-men. And even when someone disagrees with him, once he has laid down his decision no one will further argue for fear of no longer being inside that billionaire circle and all the perks and luxury that come with it.

It leads to someone believing they are always right.

I also think it would be a major lifestyle step down for Trump, and he may not like it at all. And he will be surrounded by Secret Service, basically, for the rest of his life, whether he wants them or not. He will lose a ton of personal freedom.

Frankly, I don't think he has thought about this angle nearly enough.

I think Trump is smart enough to get the best advisers but will he take their recommendations seriously if they oppose one of his own policies.
When has anyone ever told him no? That's the downside of a billionaire. They are surrounded by yes-men. And even when someone disagrees with him, once he has laid down his decision no one will further argue for fear of no longer being inside that billionaire circle and all the perks and luxury that come with it.

I also think it would be a major lifestyle step down for Trump, and he may not like it at all. And he will be surrounded by Secret Service, basically, for the rest of his life, whether he wants them or not. He will lose a ton of personal freedom.

Could be. But then how many people have tried to tell Hillary "No?"

The only problem with your argument is Trump's success. He's obviously picked an effective team for that success, works well with them and surely fired the dead weight.

The dead weight types fear guys like Trump..

Last edited:

Huckaminajad - smarts
Carson - smarts
Graham - character
Jindal - character
You're saying all these candidates lack smarts and/or character? Let's put them in comparison with Hillary...then they appear to have great character and very competent. Just saying...
I don't think Huck is a smart man at all. In fact, I think he's a real dumbass.

Cruz is either too dumb to know that the Constitution prescribes that "9 unelected Justices" get to decide what is Constitutional, or he is of such low character that he is willing to blatantly lie to rubes who don't know the difference.

Carson is clearly an idiot. He may be a brilliant surgeon but that only means he's a brilliant surgeon. It's a learned skill, like being a concert pianist. Would you assume a concert pianist would be an intelligent president? I wouldn't. And just as an example, the other day Carson proved conclusively that he hasn't a clue what the debt ceiling is.

Graham is also of low character. A review of his lies and ever-changing positions while lying about those is enough to determine that. His answer to Wolf Blitzer last week regarding his vote on Superstorm Sandy aid cemented that view of him.

Jindal has the same character deficiencies as Cruz. He's a Rhodes Scholar, just like Bill Clinton and Rachel Maddow, so he's obviously intelligent. But he says things that are egregious lies, that he knows are lies. Low character.

Forum List

Back