New York Jets 75-1
Tennessee 75-1
Buffalo 80-1
St Louis 80-1
Tampa Bay 80-1
Minnesota 100-1
Jacksonville 225-1
Oakland 225-1

I disagree with a couple, for instances....(But FYI the above is based on bets placed.)
Arizona should be about 20-1 or less
Carolina should be about 20-1
Cincinnati should be about 20-1
Kansas City should be about 15-1
Houston should be about 50-1
New York Giants should be about 50-1 or higher
Dallas should be 100-1
Philadelphia should be 20-1
Washington should be 100-1

Your thoughts....

Keep in mind that your odds of winning the Super Bowl are not just how good a team you are but how easy your path to the Super Bowl will be

A good team in a weak division will have an easier path than a good team in a strong division
You also have to look at strength of schedule

Keep in mind that your odds of winning the Super Bowl are not just how good a team you are but how easy your path to the Super Bowl will be

A good team in a weak division will have an easier path than a good team in a strong division
You also have to look at strength of schedule

that actually favors the seahawks getting back to the superbowl because oddly and amazingly,their schedule is even easier this year that last year.:D

Vegas Odds on favorite to win the 2015 Super Bowl:

Seattle 6-1
Denver 6-1
San Francisco 8-1
New England 10-1
Green Bay 15-1
New Orleans 25-1
Philadelphia 25-1
Carolina 30-1
Chicago 30-1
Cincinnati 30-1
Indianapolis 30-1
Pittsburgh 35-1
Atlanta 40-1
Baltimore 40-1
Dallas 40-1
Houston 40-1
Kansas City 40-1
New York Giants 40-1
San Diego 40-1
Arizona 50-1
Washington 50-1
Detroit 60-1
Miami 60-1
Cleveland 75-1
New York Jets 75-1
Tennessee 75-1
Buffalo 80-1
St Louis 80-1
Tampa Bay 80-1
Minnesota 100-1
Jacksonville 225-1
Oakland 225-1

I disagree with a couple, for instances....(But FYI the above is based on bets placed.)
Dallas should be 100-1

Your thoughts....

These odds suggest Seattle and Denver will repeat.

How is it that Seattle's odds are not better than Denver after the results of their last meeting?

Vegas Odds on favorite to win the 2015 Super Bowl:

Seattle 6-1
Denver 6-1
San Francisco 8-1
New England 10-1
Green Bay 15-1
New Orleans 25-1
Philadelphia 25-1
Carolina 30-1
Chicago 30-1
Cincinnati 30-1
Indianapolis 30-1
Pittsburgh 35-1
Atlanta 40-1
Baltimore 40-1
Dallas 40-1
Houston 40-1
Kansas City 40-1
New York Giants 40-1
San Diego 40-1
Arizona 50-1
Washington 50-1
Detroit 60-1
Miami 60-1
Cleveland 75-1
New York Jets 75-1
Tennessee 75-1
Buffalo 80-1
St Louis 80-1
Tampa Bay 80-1
Minnesota 100-1
Jacksonville 225-1
Oakland 225-1

Dallas should be 100-1

Your thoughts....

How is it that Seattle's odds are not better than Denver after the results of their last meeting?

what those scedule makers fail to take into account is that the donkesy have to play the NFC west this year which is going to be a far greater challenge for them than last year having to face so many physical teams they cant handle.:D

I don't know if you remember the Odds of last year Vegas poll..but the Ravens who won the Super Bowl the year before was Odds on favorite to win again. That lasted about one week.
But it would be my guess not too many knowledgeable football fans would have agreed with those Odds that they would repeat after the number of players who left the team for varies reasons.

Last edited:
By definition an "odds-on" favorite is one who is actually favored - 3-5 or some such odds.

As pointed out above, this list DOES NOT represent any cogent analysis of the probabilities of any given team winning the Super Bowl. It is the odds that must be offered by bookmakers on each team, so that the dollars wagered for them is approximately equal to the dollars wagered against them.

In a violent game like football, where significant injuries are virtually guaranteed for every team, serendipity plays a large part in determing who will ultimately win.

By definition an "odds-on" favorite is one who is actually favored - 3-5 or some such odds.

As pointed out above, this list DOES NOT represent any cogent analysis of the probabilities of any given team winning the Super Bowl. It is the odds that must be offered by bookmakers on each team, so that the dollars wagered for them is approximately equal to the dollars wagered against them.

In a violent game like football, where significant injuries are virtually guaranteed for every team, serendipity plays a large part in determing who will ultimately win.

Ya that's what Denver's problem was last February..

Serendipity

This song makes my ears bleed...

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know if you remember the Odds of last year Vegas poll..but the Ravens who won the Super Bowl the year before was Odds on favorite to win again. That lasted about one week.
But it would be my guess not too many knowledgeable football fans would have agreed with those Odds that they would repeat after the number of players who left the team for varies reasons.

yeah i think very few people bought into it that they would repeat after losing so many key players in the off season.:D especailly when they got blown out by denver in the opener.you knew right then they were not the same team from last year.

thats what favors the hawks is tate was their only major loss they had over the off season.

yeah i think very few people bought into it that they would repeat after losing so many key players in the off season.:D especailly when they got blown out by denver in the opener.you knew right then they were not the same team from last year.

thats what favors the hawks is tate was their only major loss they had over the off season.

I think Bryant was a bigger loss than Tate. Golden did some pretty stupid things last season including a taunting call he got for waiving bye-bye at the DBs in one game.

The Seahawks are absolutely loaded at WR with Harvin coming on board this year and the new guy Paul Richardson who as I have said before may be the fastest WR in the NFL right now. Harvin adds KO return and what he can do out of the backfield ...both of these qualities he made clearly obvious in the SB. Tate IS a great punt returner but we have several very fast and excellent ball handlers chomping at the bit to return punts. Including Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and again the talented Percy Harvin.

As the Hawks have vaulted themselves up as a team almost impossible to destroy through the air... this season I believe many teams will attempt to see if there are any chinks in the Hawks run defense armour. Checking the roster I don't see any names with obvious Chinese heritage but still I'm pretty sure the D-Line will be tested early and often by run offense.

Not sure if Golden Tate will be missed (I kind of was expecting it), hoping that Kearse and Baldwin continue to improve, unless Harvin gets hurt, then there maybe a problem. But I think the Hawks will miss OT Giacomini and DT McDonald more. Kind of cuts into their depth.
I expect Maxwell to preform well and I will not miss players like Browner and Thurmond and was glad Seattle let them go.

I think Bryant was a bigger loss than Tate. Golden did some pretty stupid things last season including a taunting call he got for waiving bye-bye at the DBs in one game.

I agree Red Bryant was a real force in the middle against the run.

The Seahawks are absolutely loaded at WR with Harvin coming on board this year and the new guy Paul Richardson who as I have said before may be the fastest WR in the NFL right now. Harvin adds KO return and what he can do out of the backfield ...both of these qualities he made clearly obvious in the SB. Tate IS a great punt returner but we have several very fast and excellent ball handlers chomping at the bit to return punts. Including Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas and again the talented Percy Harvin.

Personally I don't want to take the chance of having Harvin returning kick on a regular basics. I would like to see what Richardson can do in that regard.

As the Hawks have vaulted themselves up as a team almost impossible to destroy through the air... this season I believe many teams will attempt to see if there are any chinks in the Hawks run defense armour. Checking the roster I don't see any names with obvious Chinese heritage but still I'm pretty sure the D-Line will be tested early and often by run offense.

With Red Bryant and McDonald missing that may be the case. We will have to see who can step up in their place.

Seattle biggest assess last year was their depth and the ability to run in fresh players on both defense and offense which paid off late in games.

I agree Red Bryant was a real force in the middle against the run.

Personally I don't want to take the chance of having Harvin returning kick on a regular basics. I would like to see what Richardson can do in that regard.

With Red Bryant and McDonald missing that may be the case. We will have to see who can step up in their place.

Seattle biggest assess last year was their depth and the ability to run in fresh players on both defense and offense which paid off late in games.

agreed on most points.thats the one thing that concerns me is they wont have as much depth as they did last year on defense which was a big reason why the defense was so good having fresh bodies come in all the time. disagree on Giomoto though.that was the best thing for them to do was to get rid of him because he was always committing some kind of crucial penalty at the most critical point in the games so that will only hlpe with him being gone so i would add him to the mix of thurman and browner being gone as saying good riddance.they got rid of all their cancer players so that will only help them this year.

as far as percy taking kickoffs? him being injury prone I think you let those other players Huggy mentioned take the majority of the load during the regular season and save him down the stretch while having him do a few here and there in the early part of the season ONLY when the games are close and the offense is struggling.I hope thats how carrol decides to use him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back