Occupy = Tea Party????

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by PoliticalChic, Jan 29, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,781
    1. Obama and Pelosi encouraged the Occupy thugs....
    ...one more in a long line of policy failures.

The Left advanced the idea that the Occupy was their answer to the Tea Party.....
    ...wrong.

I can see why: they had hoped to put forward the mistaken idea that some mythical "99%" of Americans are suffering at the expense of the "1%"...and hoped that the insurectees of Occupy would be seen as the incarnation of that view.
    But those familiar with economics saw through this libel.

2. And the Occupy does what they have always done:

"Dozens of police maintained a late-night guard around City Hall following daylong protests that resulted in 300 arrests.Occupy Oakland demonstrators broke into the historic building and burned a U.S. flag,... the most turbulent....exasperated Mayor Jean Quan, [another Democrat who supported Occupy]...."People in the community and people in the Occupy movement have to stop making excuses for this behavior," Quan said....Protesters clashed with police...."These demonstrators stated their intention was to provoke officers and engage in illegal activity and that's exactly what has occurred today,"
    300 arrested in Occupy Oakland protests - CBS News

3. And in a related story:
    "It only took the democrat-media complex three weeks to report that liberal financier George Soros was behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Impressive.
    Reuters reported:

There has been much speculation over who is financing the disparate protest, which has spread to cities across America and lasted nearly four weeks. One name that keeps coming up is investor George Soros, who in September debuted in the top 10 list of wealthiest Americans. Conservative critics contend the movement is a Trojan horse for a secret Soros agenda.

Soros and the protesters deny any connection. But Reuters did find indirect financial links between Soros and Adbusters, an anti-capitalist group in Canada which started the protests with an inventive marketing campaign aimed at sparking an Arab Spring type uprising against Wall Street. Moreover, Soros and the protesters share some ideological ground."
    Reuters: Soros Money Is Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | The Gateway Pundit

4. And, the historical frame of reference:
    The Communist Manifesto (1848), by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels-

"The proletarians of the world have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workers of all countries: Unite!"

"The theory of Communism may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property."

"Constant revolutionizing of production, uninterrupted disturbance of all social conditions, everlasting uncertainty and agitation distinguish the bourgeosis epoch from all earlier ones."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    The Ows is being driven by Van Jones with George Soros funding to cause disruptions for this years elections FOR the Obama.

and it is going to be worse this summer...get prepared and don't take your minds of the real goals...Getting Obama and his comrades in Arms out of office in November.

lets roll folks

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    Quan makes me laugh, she is now exasperated? well, she did everything she could to make excuses for them when this all got going, only someone disconnected from reality cold not see where this was heading.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The frustration of the TPM and OWS folks is essantially the same thing for the same reasons.

Neither movement in my opinion got it all right.

Both movements in my opinion scare the shit out of the MASTERS.

Hence the MASTERS (each in difference guises, one R and one D) lay claim to both movements.

And so their disinformation and false narratives continue to confuse the stupid and naive.

My neighbors, even those who mistakenly think I am their enemy, are NOT my enemy.

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,676
    I've been for the OWS movement from the beginning. The people understand that Wall STreet and the Bankers that own them are running our country. Yeah we have a vote, but you can see how effective that is when most of our elected officials flat out ignore our wishes and just do the bidding of international bankers.

The OWS protestors may not be sophisticated enough to understand exactly why it's happening, but they still have the God given powers of observation and they see the country being held hostage and going downhill fast.

Of course they want to make things better but all they've been taught in schools is that Capitalism is bad, Marxism is good and the Gov't should have more power.

I blame the Public Education system for that. But look what happens when you suggest that there are other things more important than mindless consumerism and NFL Football. (Like the 4th Amendment) You get told what an asshole you are and that you should mind yer' own business.

6. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,139
    AH Ha, the RED SCARE, always a fall back position for the Neo Conservatives and their 'fellow travelers' and agent provocateurs.

OWS around the country has been polluted by the far left, street people with no ideology and looters. To equate them and the OWS movement as one and the same is to equate Timothy McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph and Scott Roeder as the face of the New Right and the Tea Party which now control the Republican Party.

See the link here: http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  7. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    OWS should be encouraged in all of their violent efforts. Let's have 1968 all over again.

Magazine Calls Occupiers To Come To Chicago In

Adbusters, the radical, Vancouver-based anti-consumerist magazine, credited by many media outlets for launching the Occupy Wall Street protests, has put out an ad calling for 50,000 protestors to “Occupy” the G8 summit in May.

The Adbusters ad shows a picture of policemen beating up a defenseless protestor, and comes with the caption: “In the Tradition of the Chicago 8.” The Chicago 8 were radicals who incited riots in Chicago during the 1968 Democratic convention. The 1968 convention unrest became so legendary that the band Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young) wrote a song about it called “Chicago.” The “tradition” of the Chicago 8 included calling for displays of public fornication and attacking police.

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,139
    And don't forget the Bonus Army and the actions of the army under orders of Herbert Hoove to drive WW I vets and their families out when they ODC in 1932.

Of course that's real American History, not a manufactured spin by partisans.

9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Dress it up anyway you want.

Another '68 will be of major benefit. In fact, they should have '68 AND the Battle in Seattle all wrapped up in one. Throw in the '92 riots in Los Angeles for good measure.

No one has paid attention to OWS beyond enduring their presence. They need to step up their game.

10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,781
    Now, Wry....you minimize the threat of communism because that is what your Liberal media-masters have taught you to do.

I suspect that the folks in Eastern Europe, and others who lived under communism don't laugh at the memory.

As a fellow reader, I recommend
    The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression [Hardcover]
    Mark Kramer (Editor), Jonathan Murphy (Translator), Nicolas Werth (Author), Jean-Louis Panne (Author), Andrzej Paczkowski (Author), Karel Bartosek (Author), Jean-Louis Margolin (Author)

It's $44....but I got a copy at the library....

I believe you'll no longer laugh at the thought of communism.....