Occupy Morons being sent packing from NY's Zuccotti Park

The Variances need to be changed. Very Irresponsible thought process here. Big Surprise in NYC. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of these places are very small, with only a few benches, and some plants. No one ever thought a bunch of people would try to camp out in one of them for two months.

Not exactly true. A few of the parks near me, have in the past been converted into shanty towns for months, when the homeless numbers rise, shit happens. Public Land, Private Land, it doesn't really matter. We are used to it. Shelters can be good, they can get dangerous too. Still, officially, a No Camping ban on non-designated property isn't rocket science. It's something you can either always fall back on or ignore as you see fit. :)

Who runs the parks? Are they POPS or NYC Parks Department Parks. Some could be DOE parks as well.

Most of these places are very small, with only a few benches, and some plants. No one ever thought a bunch of people would try to camp out in one of them for two months.

Not exactly true. A few of the parks near me, have in the past been converted into shanty towns for months, when the homeless numbers rise, shit happens. Public Land, Private Land, it doesn't really matter. We are used to it. Shelters can be good, they can get dangerous too. Still, officially, a No Camping ban on non-designated property isn't rocket science. It's something you can either always fall back on or ignore as you see fit. :)

Who runs the parks? Are they POPS or NYC Parks Department Parks. Some could be DOE parks as well.

City, Private, even Railroad Properties. There is plenty of abandoned stuff to choose from, even. The focus is to not get too attached. Move on before confrontation, when possible. We have people sleeping on the sidewalks in my neighborhood.

City, Private, even Railroad Properties. There is plenty of abandoned stuff to choose from, even. The focus is to not get too attached. Move on before confrontation, when possible. We have people sleeping on the sidewalks in my neighborhood.

I really have no homeless in the city I live in. The reason for this, I've found out, is that the cops pick them up and drive them to Riverside, a big city 20 miles from me. It's an interesting situation. We all know that this is done because Corona is an upscale city and the council doesn't want homeless there. That's the truth of it. HOWEVER, they get away with it because Riverside has shelters and Corona doesn't. So the council passed a law in the guise of "helping" the homeless, that anytime police encounter the homeless, they are to "assist them" in getting to a shelter.

Pretty slick, huh?

I really have no homeless in the city I live in. The reason for this, I've found out, is that the cops pick them up and drive them to Riverside, a big city 20 miles from me. It's an interesting situation. We all know that this is done because Corona is an upscale city and the council doesn't want homeless there. That's the truth of it. HOWEVER, they get away with it because Riverside has shelters and Corona doesn't. So the council passed a law in the guise of "helping" the homeless, that anytime police encounter the homeless, they are to "assist them" in getting to a shelter.

Pretty slick, huh?

Yep.

Here there are so many Day Laborers, when the work slows down, it gets bad. They end up drunk roaming the streets even at 7:00AM. Degenerate to the point that no one even wants to hire them. Open Borders, Excuse after excuse, overload, and quality of life goes down real fast. Many crimes here don't even get reported, or processed. Drugs, Prostitution, Predators hurting Predators. Sort of sucks.

Yep.

Here there are so many Day Laborers, when the work slows down, it gets bad. They end up drunk roaming the streets even at 7:00AM. Degenerate to the point that no one even wants to hire them. Open Borders, Excuse after excuse, overload, and quality of life goes down real fast. Many crimes here don't even get reported, or processed. Drugs, Prostitution, Predators hurting Predators. Sort of sucks.

With all due respect, why don't you move to another city? There must be areas close to you that keep things under control?

Yep.

With all due respect, why don't you move to another city? There must be areas close to you that keep things under control?

Ties. In part. I'm pretty secure in my home. If that ever became an issue, having been through all of the Lower 48, I have a few places in mind. :D

Here we live in a community that represents people from more Nations than the UN. :) It has a bright side too.

Ties. In part. I'm pretty secure in my home. If that ever became an issue, having been through all of the Lower 48, I have a few places in mind. :D

Here we live in a community that represents people from more Nations than the UN. :) It has a bright side too.

I understand. I just can't imagine living somewhere that I didn't feel safe walking through the neighborhood at night or driving to the store at 2 in the morning.

Pretty slick, huh?
What the hell happened to Moreno Valley?

I rode through their on my Harley a couple o' weeks back, and what a shithole that place has turned into........Last time I was there about twenty years ago to visit a friend of mine who was stationed at March, it looked like a really nice developing bedroom community.......Christ, it looks like it's turning into friggin' San Fernando. Damn sucked up meth heads and blood/crip types everywhere.

I guess the Base closing really hit that town hard.

i am actually happy for the 2000 squirrels who have been living in joisy all this time, they can finally return back home to Mancotti Fusilla park!

Forum List

Back