Occupation 101

amity1844

Jun 1, 2014
Amazing movie.
1-1/2 hour commitment.

Nor just informative, it is really quite artistic, and disturbing.
Its mind blowing that so much happens that we don't even hear about in the U.S.:

Best quotes:
"On the Israeli side there seems to be no sense that this is how you create terrorism."
"We have to tell the truth about what's going on and say as clearly as we can "If you keep going down this path, you will destroy yourselves. No enemy will have to destroy you. You are rotting from within because of the methods you use against innocent people."
"As an Israeli, we go to India, and to South America, or to the native American Indians, looking for the indigenous people with some kind of more rooted wisdom. And they are right here, right under our noses, and nobody ever comes here.... Everything that people go looking for, people with deep, deep roots, more connected to the earth, with this romance with their land, and just incredibly wise and open-hearted, simple, beautiful, and Israelis never see them unless it is through a target (gun sight). I wish that other Israelis could for one minute see them through my eyes."

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen...Somewhere in the distance you can hear the "Evil Jew" music.

I am not sure----I am TRYING to hear it-----???? where is it now?-------
does it involve violins? --------how evil is it? does Igmar bergman know?---
does it have anything to do with the seventh seal----or eighth?---does it
involve a chess game?------bagels?

I haven't even finished watching this yet. I KNOW you haven't seen it.

Proof you don't really care about Israel, you don't really care about truth, or right and wrong. You just want what your spoiled bratty Zionist asses want, and you don't mind lying to the entire world to get it.

Amazing movie.
1-1/2 hour commitment.

Its mind blowing that so much happens that we don't even hear about in the U.S.:

Best quotes:
"On the Israeli side there seems to be no sense that this is how you create terrorism."
"We have to tell the truth about what's going on and say as clearly as we can "If you keep going down this path, you will destroy yourselves. No enemy will have to destroy you. You are rotting from within because of the methods you use against innocent people."
"As an Israeli, we go to India, and to South America, or to the native American Indians, looking for the indigenous people with some kind of more rooted wisdom. And they are right here, right under our noses, and nobody ever comes here.... Everything that people go looking for, people with deep, deep roots, more connected to the earth, with this romance with their land, and just incredibly wise and open-hearted, simple, beautiful, and Israelis never see them unless it is through a target (gun sight). I wish that other Israelis could for one minute see them through my eyes."

You mean Israel...

Get this through your Racist Head.... The Arabs initiated the 67 War . When asked why they didn't accept the " borders" the Racist Pro Palestinians like you have no answer :D

I think the borders are and have always been secondary to issues of self-determination ... for the Palestinians.
For the Israelis it has always been a land grab.

I think the borders are and have always been secondary to issues of self-determination ... for the Palestinians.

Please tell us why there wasn't a " Palestinian State" prior to 1967, Why Jordan forbid Israelis to enter E, Jerusalem after 1948 to pay Homage to their most religious sites even though it was part of the " treaty" sanctioned by the U.N etc. etc. For the Arabs it has always been a land grap . Their refusal of the " borders" proves it

Amazing movie.
1-1/2 hour commitment.

Best quotes:

Just watched the first 15 minutes, interesting stuff; thanks for sharing.:)

I'll comment once I've watched it all.

Amazing movie.
1-1/2 hour commitment.

Best quotes:

And yet the worlds lawmakers have stated that the occupation is LEGAL and in line with the remit in the GENEVA CONVENTIONS.

Now how about definitive proof that the Palestinians have lived there for more than 150 years, and that their names appear on the Ottoman and British Land Registry as the land owners. And then you can prove the Ottoman history that shows 3 failed attempts to migrate arab muslims to Palestine is false. Try the part that says the land of Palestine was devoid of arab muslims yet was home to Jews and Christians.

I haven't even finished watching this yet. I KNOW you haven't seen it.

Proof you don't really care about Israel, you don't really care about truth, or right and wrong. You just want what your spoiled bratty Zionist asses want, and you don't mind lying to the entire world to get it.

If you even cared 1% about the truth you would take the Ottoman histories of Palestine and read them. Then you would condemn the LYING PALESTINIAN SCUM and demand they left for their real homes.

You mean Israel...

Did Israel declare war on Egypt by closing the straights of Tiran to Egyptian vessels. Did Israel mobilise a massive force on the border with Egypt and make threats of genocide.

See you have no idea of the truth, just ISLAMONAZI PROPAGANDA

They have shown their inability to self determination many times as one of the measures is living in peace with your neighbours.

... If you even cared 1% about the truth you would take the Ottoman histories of Palestine and read them. Then you would condemn the LYING PALESTINIAN SCUM and demand they left for their real homes.

"Ottoman histories of Palestine"? Care to cite a few examples? You know, titles and authors, that sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

... If you even cared 1% about the truth you would take the Ottoman histories of Palestine and read them. Then you would condemn the LYING PALESTINIAN SCUM and demand they left for their real homes.

"Ottoman histories of Palestine"? Care to cite a few examples? You know, titles and authors, that sort of thing. Thanks in advance.

Try googling just those words like I did

History of Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://histclo.com/essay/war/ip/ott/ott-pal.html

The Ottomans comquered the Levant (1516) and turned Egypt into a sattelite state (1517). As Ottoman power began to decline, Egypt was able to exert an increasing degree of indeoendence. Mehemet/Muhammad Ali was nominally the Ottoman Govenor of Egypt, but by 1830 was essentially an independent ruler. He seized Palestine from the Ottomans. This was a period in which the Ottomons were struggling to retain control of Greece and called on Muhammad Ali for military assistance aginst the Greeks. Mehemet Ali's son Ibrahim Pasha leading Egyptian troops took Acre (1831). The local Palestinian population in turn reolted against Mehemet Ali (1834). Ottomon authorities generally protected minority groups throughout the Empire. With Ottomon control thrown off, Palestinian Arabs apparently targeted the Jewish minority. Muhammad Ali to build his army attempted to conscript the Muslimm Palestinians. The Palestinians, however, resisted service in Muhammad's army. Kassam Lakhama in Nablus called for a Palestinian revolt. They were joined by peasants (fellahin) in the surronding villages. They marched on Jerusalem and seized it (May 31). Rioters began attacking Christians and Jews, but the rebel commander ordered that stopped. Ibrahim Pasha, with a substantial force reached Jerusalem (June 3) and the rebels fled. The Jews at Safed were not so lucky. The Palestinians attacked the Jews there. This appears to have been a dresful pogrom. After considerableturmoil, the Ottomans regained control of Palestine from the Egyptians (1840).

We do note Palestine being described by travelers as an arid and largely uninhabited wasteland. One traveler describes Da, rather daming with fait praise, "Here were evidences of cultivation — a rare sight in this country — an acre or two of rich soil studded with last season’s dead corn-stalks of the thickness of your thumb and very wide apart. But in such a land it was a thrilling spectacle. Close to it was a stream, and on its banks a great herd of curious-looking Syrian goats and sheep were gratefully eating gravel.

The Ottoman Empire was, however, by the 19th century politically unstable. While the Empire was controlled by Turks, they were a minority within the Empire which included large number of Balkan Christians, Armenians, and Arabs. The Young Turks that seized control of the Government were not about to relinquish control to non-Turkish groups. Palestine remained under Ottoman rule until World War I.

The Ettinger Report - Who are the Palestinian-Arabs?

Contrary to political correctness, Palestine was never an Arab entity with a unique national, geographic, cultural, identity. It was part of a larger entity, and its Arab inhabitants considered themselves as part of the Arab, Moslem, Ottoman or the Greater-Syria entities. George Habib Antonius, the leading historian of Arab nationalism, considered Palestine to be part of Greater Syria.

Most Palestinian Arabs are descendants of the 1845-1947 Muslim migrants from the Sudan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, as well as from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, Libya, Morocco, Bosnia, the Caucasus, Turkmenistan, Kurdistan, India, Afghanistan and Balochistan.

Arab migrant workers were imported by the Ottoman Empire and by the British Mandate (which defeated the Ottomans in 1917) to work on infrastructure projects: The port of Haifa, the Haifa-Qantara (1918), Haifa-Edrei (1905), Haifa-Nablus (1914) and Jerusalem-Jaffa (1892) railroads, military installations, roads, quarries, reclamation of wetlands, etc. Legal and illegal Arab laborers were also attracted by the relative economic boom, stimulated by the annual Jewish immigration beginning in 1882.

I never heard any of those enlightened humanitarians do shit about Syria or Ukraine or any other place in the world except Israel, I hold most of the blame to them who encourage the violence of Hamas and legitimize it against Israel, preventing any kind of possible solution and heating the ground for more hate against Israel.

Please tell us why there wasn't a " Palestinian State" prior to 1967, Why Jordan forbid Israelis to enter E, Jerusalem after 1948 to pay Homage to their most religious sites even though it was part of the " treaty" sanctioned by the U.N etc. etc. For the Arabs it has always been a land grap . Their refusal of the " borders" proves it

On the eve of enactment of the Partition Plan, Jews owned 7% of the land. They went to war to acquire the rest. They did not reimburse anybody for it. I guess that is why I say it was a land grab. The Palestinians owned virtually all the land already, so nothing to grab.

I don't know why Jordan did not give Palestinians in WB independence before 1967, (Israelis probably weren't allowed because of the state of war that existed), and that would be a good question for Abdullah. Oh, he's dead, so we'll probably never know. Maybe they just wanted the land themselves. It used to be a nice place. VERY nice in fact.

Forum List

Back