Obummer Summer Finally Ends

You're being difficult just for the sake of it now, that has to what's going on here. EVERYTHING else in his list he attributes to Obama or the Gov't. His post is titled blaming Obama and you want me to assume he slipped in one negative thing that he didn't want to at least associate to happening under Obamas watch. Get real.

Opening post quote, "Iran went Nuclear while our President Vacationed,North Korea sunk a South Korean ship,Foreign spies ran rampant in this Government,...."

Seriously, put the stupid pills down and the lies on hold.

Forget it, you're too dense/stubborn to even attempt to talk to anymore.

You're being difficult just for the sake of it now, that has to what's going on here. EVERYTHING else in his list he attributes to Obama or the Gov't. His post is titled blaming Obama and you want me to assume he slipped in one negative thing that he didn't want to at least associate to happening under Obamas watch. Get real.

Opening post quote, "Iran went Nuclear while our President Vacationed,North Korea sunk a South Korean ship,Foreign spies ran rampant in this Government,...."

Thanks for playing. Here's your consolation prize.

*hands RDD_1220 a tissue*

Next time bring cheese with your whine. I get hungry dealing with stupid.

Bring cheese with your whine.....damn, that's original. Good luck "Saving Liberty". I can tell you're doing an admirable job.

Bring cheese with your whine.....damn, that's original. Good luck "Saving Liberty". I can tell you're doing an admirable job.

Sometimes saving liberty involves stamping out stupid and identifying hacks. We have a profile shot of you already. Turn to the left for portrait please. Can't have incomplete records now. Need another tissue? Here's your chance for the last word. I'm done.

Arizona law only requires that federal immigration law be followed once a person is deemed to be illegal under another legal violation. It is completely disingenuous of the federal government to abandon their responsibliity to protect US citizens. The federal government loves to drop these unfunded mandates on the states all the time. Finally a state figures out how to turn the tables and the feds cry foul.

BTW, that was very nice to see you debate a point Rinata. Thanks.

It was fun. I enjoyed it. :)

I understand what the lawsuit says, but exactly how does it usurp federal law?

Doesn't the state have a right to enforce it's laws?

SB1070 is not any different than the federal law, in fact the federal law is much more intrusive and doesn't prohibit racial profiling. Under SB1070 law enforcement cannot ask for immigration status unless the individual is already being investigated for a criminal offense and there is reason to believe the individual is here illegally.

Try reading SB1070 and you will find that the Government's argument is rather weak.

As I said, I am no expert. I've just been following the story and listening to the politicians. What I am understanding is that some think that we should have the same laws for immigration in every state in the union. That the federal govt. is responsible for making the rules, not the individual states.

The DOJ is suing Arizona, claiming SB 1070 (PDF) violates the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy Clause. According to the complaint (PDF), the law is a “state-specific immigration policy” that attempts to regulate immigration, which is the “preeminent authority” of the federal government.

Like I said, I am no expert. But I think it makes sense. Also, I think Brewer comes off as a poor leader with her own agenda. I don't trust her and I don't like her.

This was a nice exchange. Thanks.

In other words instead of thinking for yourself you're buying whatever the leftwing media and liberal politicians are selling. The Constitution does not address immigration at all and under the Tenth Amendment powers not granted to the United States per the Constitution are reserved to the States or to the people.

Under the Supremacy Clause, everyone must follow federal law in the face of conflicting state law. It has long been established that "a state statute is void to the extent that it actually conflicts with a valid federal statute" and that a conflict will be found either where compliance with both federal and state law is impossible or where the state law stands as an obstacle to the accomplishment and execution of the full purposes and objectives of Congress. SB1070 isn't in conflict with federal law.

Not liking Brewer and not trusting Brewer isn't enough to take unwarranted action against her state. As you know a federal court upheld the law but placed an injunction on parts of it. Which of course is being appealed. If in fact the law was violating the supremacy clause the federal court would have ruled against the statute altogether.

I thank you for a pleasurable exchange, and this is what I get?? You tell me I cannot think for myself?? Why?? I mentioned several times that I am no expert!! Did I not??? And where did I say that any action should be taken against Brewer or her state because I don't like or trust her??? I didn't!! I simply gave my opinion of her and suggested that it does color my opinion of the situation. Put your damn gun down. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. And you went right ahead and turned into a jerk. Bite me.

Last edited:
Hang in there Rinata. Your going to get this debate thing. You were honest about your sources and got slammed for it. Lonestar should have taken it a bit easier on you and suggested some other places to get research besides politicans or TV personalities. We tend to forget that not all liberals need to get body slammed. Hope your indoor plumbing is doing better than mine tonight.

Hang in there Rinata. Your going to get this debate thing. You were honest about your sources and got slammed for it. Lonestar should have taken it a bit easier on you and suggested some other places to get research besides politicans or TV personalities. We tend to forget that not all liberals need to get body slammed. Hope your indoor plumbing is doing better than mine tonight.

Thank you. :) I appreciate it. I really do. Hubs and I watched 3 episodes of "Earl" tonight that I recorded. I can't believe how many we haven't seen. But it's been great catching up.

Hope your plumbing issues are resolved quickly. Thanks again.

2366638601_815b52ed9e_o.jpg

As I said, I am no expert. I've just been following the story and listening to the politicians. What I am understanding is that some think that we should have the same laws for immigration in every state in the union. That the federal govt. is responsible for making the rules, not the individual states.

The DOJ is suing Arizona, claiming SB 1070 (PDF) violates the U.S. Constitution’s Supremacy Clause. According to the complaint (PDF), the law is a “state-specific immigration policy” that attempts to regulate immigration, which is the “preeminent authority” of the federal government.

Like I said, I am no expert. But I think it makes sense. Also, I think Brewer comes off as a poor leader with her own agenda. I don't trust her and I don't like her.

This was a nice exchange. Thanks.

In other words instead of thinking for yourself you're buying whatever the leftwing media and liberal politicians are selling. The Constitution does not address immigration at all and under the Tenth Amendment powers not granted to the United States per the Constitution are reserved to the States or to the people.

Under the Supremacy Clause, everyone must follow federal law in the face of conflicting state law. It has long been established that "a state statute is void to the extent that it actually conflicts with a valid federal statute" and that a conflict will be found either where compliance with both federal and state law is impossible or where the state law stands as an obstacle to the accomplishment and execution of the full purposes and objectives of Congress. SB1070 isn't in conflict with federal law.

Not liking Brewer and not trusting Brewer isn't enough to take unwarranted action against her state. As you know a federal court upheld the law but placed an injunction on parts of it. Which of course is being appealed. If in fact the law was violating the supremacy clause the federal court would have ruled against the statute altogether.

I thank you for a pleasurable exchange, and this is what I get?? You tell me I cannot think for myself?? Why?? I mentioned several times that I am no expert!! Did I not??? And where did I say that any action should be taken against Brewer or her state because I don't like or trust her??? I didn't!! I simply gave my opinion of her and suggested that it does color my opinion of the situation. Put your damn gun down. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. And you went right ahead and turned into a jerk. Bite me.

Following a story and listening to politicians speak on the issue and then regurgitating what you've been told is not thinking for yourself. Try reading SB1070 then compare it to federal immigration laws and draw your own conclusion.

jerk

Thank you. :) I appreciate it. I really do. Hubs and I watched 3 episodes of "Earl" tonight that I recorded. I can't believe how many we haven't seen. But it's been great catching up.

Hope your plumbing issues are resolved quickly. Thanks again.

I work outside many summer nights, so I miss alot of shows. I figure it will make old age more fun because they will all seem new. The, did I see this one before will really have some mystery. I encourage you to give your opinion and back it up with research more often. Some of us (conservatives) really will respond in a positive manner. You are welcome. My plumbing and basement are pretty much back to normal. Thanks for asking.

*shoes squish as I walk away*

Following a story and listening to politicians speak on the issue and then regurgitating what you've been told is not thinking for yourself. Try reading SB1070 then compare it to federal immigration laws and draw your own conclusion.

jerk

You are an ass hole. I don't regurgitate anything. Stop telling me what to read. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't have the slightest idea what I read or how I came to any conclusions. I watch tv and I read a lot because I work at home. Sorry that doesn't meet your high standards, oh superior one.

You did exactly what I thought you would do. But then you were so pleasant that I thought I could be wrong. HA!!! You're just another yahoo with a bloated ego. I answer your questions as honestly as I can, and then you lecture me about how I form my opinions. I guarantee that if they matched yours, you would not care how I came to my conclusions. You just want someone to fight with.

lol! Everything they brutally attacked George Bush for doing or not doing has actually gotten worse under their Hopey Changey's watch. For example,I actually saw some on this thread defending this President on the North Korea issue. I had to laugh at that stuff. I used to come on political message boards like this and observe these same people brutally ripping Bush for anything related to North Korea's actions..."He's not doing anything!!" "He's not doing enough!!" "It's all BOOOOOOSH's fault!!" Those are just the more tame attacks on Bush over North Korea. Yet when North Korea sinks a South Korean ship and increases their hostile Nuke activity,you only hear "It's not our President's fault" from these people.

That's just one example of the Hopey Changeys and their dishonest hypocrisy. So just go through my list again and then think about a Republican being in the White House right now. What would these Hopey Changeys being saying about these things? I guess they think we all just forgot about their awful attacks the previous eight years. Well we were there and we haven't forgotten.

Last edited:
lol! Everything they brutally attacked George Bush for doing or not doing has actually gotten worse under their Hopey Changey's watch. For example,I actually saw some on this thread defending this President on the North Korea issue. I had to laugh at that stuff. I used to come on political message boards like this and observe these same people brutally ripping Bush for anything related to North Korea's actions..."He's not doing anything!!" "He's not doing enough!!" "It's all BOOOOOOSH's fault!!" Those are just the more tame attacks on Bush over North Korea. Yet when North Korea sinks a South Korean ship and increases their hostile Nuke activity,you only hear "It's not our President's fault" from these people.

That's just one example of the Hopey Changeys and their dishonest hypocrisy. So just go through my list again and then think about a Republican being in the White House right now. What would these Hopey Changeys being saying about these things? I guess they think we all just forgot about their awful attacks the previous eight years. Well we were there and we haven't forgotten.

I agree LibocalypseNow, but I also know it is a double-edged sword. Perhaps being a little less harsh will be repaid with some kindness later. In the end, further division will drive us apart and end this great nation. It is hard to remember that in the heat of making a point, but we need to try.

I agree LibocalypseNow, but I also know it is a double-edged sword. Perhaps being a little less harsh will be repaid with some kindness later. In the end, further division will drive us apart and end this great nation. It is hard to remember that in the heat of making a point, but we need to try.

I hear ya and you're right of course. Sometimes my anger does get the best of me. I just can't stand people who brutally ripped and blamed the other guy for everything,now suddenly claiming "It's not our President's fault." You are right though and i'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks.

I hear ya and you're right of course. Sometimes my anger does get the best of me. I just can't stand people who brutally ripped and blamed the other guy for everything,now suddenly claiming "It's not our President's fault." You are right though and i'll try to keep that in mind. Thanks.

Hey, I'm guilty too! Wasn't picking on you, but your post did remind me, so I made my post. I don't foresee me building bridges with some of our liberal counterparts here, but I do need to have some with the more intelligent and honest ones. Yes, there are some here.

Baffoon Husaine Obama had 7 summer vacations this summer and is looking foward to some fall vacations and more winter holidays. will have to go south to get some links in. Being President does cut in on the golf time.

Baffoon Husaine Obama had 7 summer vacations this summer and is looking foward to some fall vacations and more winter holidays. will have to go south to get some links in. Being President does cut in on the golf time.

Just what we needed. One more.

Rinata!!

Answer this question and the one I asked prevously.

Why do you liberals run and hide when challenged?

Run and hide??? :lol: From whom??? I try to answer questions when I am asked. I am not real motivated to do so though when I get some of the responses. The questions are asked so politely. But not the responses.

Tissue?

I didn't see this yesterday. Now I really think you're a jerk. And there is something else that should have made me realize it. I have to be more observant. You're from friggin Texas. Oh, geeze. I have NEVER met a man from there that is not an obnoxious, egotistical, know-it-all, condescending, fathead.

I noticed the comment that "if you're not born in Texas, you are not a Texan". The rest of us will have to pick up the pieces of our shattered lives and go on somehow. There's just got to be the right support group out there somewhere for us. What a blow.

Rinata!!

Answer this question and the one I asked prevously.

Why do you liberals run and hide when challenged?

Run and hide??? :lol: From whom??? I try to answer questions when I am asked. I am not real motivated to do so though when I get some of the responses. The questions are asked so politely. But not the responses.

Your consistency in not answering leads me to believe you do not have the ability.

OMG!! Now you??? This is exactly why I don't respond to questions. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. None of you could do what I did for a living. Believe me. So please don't question my ability to research an issue and come to a conclusion. Not liking my conclusion is a different story. Maybe you cannot separate the two like I can.

I'm really surprised at you. I didn't think you would judge me like that. Especially when you have never been exposed to my ability or know anything about me. That seems to be a pattern with conservatives on this sight. Libs are always wrong. They don't know how to research, they watch tv, they don't read the right things, and blah, blah, blah. Like you people have some special angel running around the world to come back and report world happenings. What the frig is that about?? Trust me, none of you come across like mental giants. So why don't you all can that one???

If you thought my response was wrong or I was missing something, why not just say it?? Nothing wrong with that. It was working between us, I thought. I guess I was wrong. No biggie.

Forum List

Back