Obsessive Behavior

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So, For those of you who have not heard me talk about it before. I used to play the guitar when I was younger. Never had an electric or amps or anything back then. So when my kids came I sold my guitar and had not touched one in 10 years. Then last year I was inspired to buy a couple guitars and amps.

Anyways I was wondering if it seems excessive to anyone else that I spend close to 4 hours a day playing it, and right now I can barley even type because the ends of my fingers are bloody, and numb?

lol

I wouldn't say it's excessive.... 4 hours is not that much to practice an instrument... you like it ... you enjoy it. Do it! so what. :)

No...not at all.. as your fingers begin to callous, you'll be spending far more time playing and will most likely want to jam with others...setting up jam sessions with those you either know or will end up meeting over the next few years. Have fun with it. :)

As a musician I practice extensively when I am preparing for a show. Otherwise , if my playing is preventing me from fulfilling my responsibilities, unduly interfering with a significant relationship or severely hampering my ability to do my job then you are being obsessive.

Connery wrote: As a musician I practice extensively when I am preparing for a show.

I knew it, I just knew it...

... Connery is James Taylor in disguise!
:clap2:

As a musician I practice extensively when I am preparing for a show. Otherwise , if my playing is preventing me from fulfilling my responsibilities, unduly interfering with a significant relationship or severely hampering my ability to do my job then you are being obsessive.

What kind of music do you play?

What kind of music do you play?

Essentially whatever I get my hands on. I love playing music from the 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, doo wop, 1960's through, current pop. My son and I visit nursing homes and play period music for the residents gratis. It is a good lesson in giving back and for me I enjoy how these folks respond with a simple happiness of how the music brings back memories for them. I also do veterans hospitals. I used to play with a bunch of blues guys who were teachers/graduates of Berklee College of Music....Livingston Taylor teaches there for example it is a well known place in these parts, however, time is a factor and I have not played with them in a while. I play the guitar, keys, a bunch of stuff. My son is just starting out he is in first grade although he has written a couple songs a few years ago. He said he will choose the guitar, although he does percussion and keys well in my opinion.

Thanks for asking....:thup:

Forum List

Back