Obomination: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter...

That's not true at all, when there is less demand for oil it will be more expensive.

When there is demand prices will fall, when there is no demand prices will rise.

Nick, when Demand rises price rises too. When demand falls so does the price. This is a basic principle of economics.

Which ebay item do you think is likelier to be sold at a higher price: Item A with 150 people bidding on it, or Item A with 2 people bidding on it.

It's a fact people need gas..

It's a fact less people are driving.

How do you compensate for people not driving as much hence lost revenue??

You raise the oil prices..

If more people had jobs and drove to work there would be more of a demand hence oil prices would go down due to competition amongst the corporations providing oil...

Truth is our economy is shitty, our real unemployment rate is astronomical hence the oil companies are going to charge "Dave" for the fuel "Phil" doesn't use, because "Phil" is out of work and cant afford to buy gas and has no reason to buy gas because he doesn't have to commute as much.

If you drive up your prices to somehow make up for lost revenue, you will actually drive more customers away because people will drive less, so you won’t end up any better off by raising the price of gas.

Last edited:
Cho never meant any such thing. It was total miscommunication, taken out of context TOTALLY and blown out of all proportion by the swine who have misleed you totally, dittohead. Change the channel and you won't believe a pile of SHYTTE.

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe" -- Steve Chu

Yikes! :cuckoo:

Obomination: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter...
Paulican?

You're retarded.

Seriously.

I'd suggest that you seek help but there's no help for stupid.

So high gas prices under DA BOOOOSH was bad, but high gas prices under the Dear Leader is good? Just not following the loony Obama-Bots on this one. Is it just me?

So high gas prices under DA BOOOOSH was bad, but high gas prices under the Dear Leader is good? Just not following the loony Obama-Bots on this one. Is it just me?

Were high gas prices bush's fault, or n ot, in your own opinion? You do have one, dontcha pussy?

I didn't think so.

That's not true at all, when there is less demand for oil it will be more expensive.

When there is demand prices will fall, when there is no demand prices will rise.

Nick, when Demand rises price rises too. When demand falls so does the price. This is a basic principle of economics.

Which ebay item do you think is likelier to be sold at a higher price: Item A with 150 people bidding on it, or Item A with 2 people bidding on it.

It's a fact people need gas..

It's a fact less people are driving.

How do you compensate for people not driving as much hence lost revenue??

You raise the oil prices..

If more people had jobs and drove to work there would be more of a demand hence oil prices would go down due to competition amongst the corporations providing oil...

Truth is our economy is shitty, our real unemployment rate is astronomical hence the oil companies are going to charge "Dave" for the fuel "Phil" doesn't use, because "Phil" is out of work and cant afford to buy gas and has no reason to buy gas because he doesn't have to commute as much.

If you drive up your prices to somehow make up for lost revenue, you will actually drive more customers away because people will drive less, so you won’t end up any better off by raising the price of gas.

No...

When there is a demand prices go down not up...

Competition amongst businesses drives prices down not up because every business is trying to provide a product at the cheapest price..

When there is no demand for a product there is no competition - hence prices are raised due to the fact there is no competition.

We're talking commodities here...

You need gas if you want to drive a car - you don't need paper plates if you want to eat..

There are different economic rules when it comes to "needs" or resources.

Last edited:
What Chu said

Chu is a a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who served as director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, a federal energy research center. His quote about European gas prices has become somewhat notorious since he uttered it almost four years ago.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal in late 2008 -- before Obama was elected and at a point when Chu had no ties to Obama -- Chu told the newspaper that he favored raising gasoline taxes gradually over 15 years to coax consumers into buying fuel-efficient cars and discouraging sprawl.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Chu said in an interview with the Journal in September 2008. The quote did not appear in print until December, when the Journal ran a story after news emerged that Chu was being tapped as energy secretary.

It has been a target of criticism numerous times since then.

"The popularity of Chu’s now-infamous quotation tends to track the rise and fall of gas prices: It enjoyed a huge surge of attention last spring and summer (2011) before largely vanishing from view in the fall, leading up to this month’s renaissance," reporter Bob King wrote in a story in POLITICO.

As it happens, after Gingrich's comment, Chu backed away from what he said. At a hearing of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on March 13, 2012, Chu said, "Since I walked in the door as secretary of Energy I’ve been doing everything in my powers to do what we can to … reduce those prices."

Chu added, according to POLITICO, that the "most important tool in DOE’s tool chest is moving off oil."

"So are you saying you no longer share the view that we need to figure out how to boost gasoline prices in America?" Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, asked him.

"I no longer share that view," Chu said.

"When I became secretary of Energy, I represented the U.S. government," Chu added. "Of course we don’t want the price of gasoline to go up, we want it to go down."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ich-said-energy-secretary-advocated-raising-g

So stop acting like that's his policy, ya brainwashed MORONS.

What Chu said

Chu is a a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who served as director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, a federal energy research center. His quote about European gas prices has become somewhat notorious since he uttered it almost four years ago.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal in late 2008 -- before Obama was elected and at a point when Chu had no ties to Obama -- Chu told the newspaper that he favored raising gasoline taxes gradually over 15 years to coax consumers into buying fuel-efficient cars and discouraging sprawl.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Chu said in an interview with the Journal in September 2008. The quote did not appear in print until December, when the Journal ran a story after news emerged that Chu was being tapped as energy secretary.

"The popularity of Chu’s now-infamous quotation tends to track the rise and fall of gas prices: It enjoyed a huge surge of attention last spring and summer (2011) before largely vanishing from view in the fall, leading up to this month’s renaissance," reporter Bob King wrote in a story in POLITICO.

As it happens, after Gingrich's comment, Chu backed away from what he said. At a hearing of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on March 13, 2012, Chu said, "Since I walked in the door as secretary of Energy I’ve been doing everything in my powers to do what we can to … reduce those prices."

Chu added, according to POLITICO, that the "most important tool in DOE’s tool chest is moving off oil."

"So are you saying you no longer share the view that we need to figure out how to boost gasoline prices in America?" Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, asked him.

"When I became secretary of Energy, I represented the U.S. government," Chu added. "Of course we don’t want the price of gasoline to go up, we want it to go down."

PolitiFact | Gingrich said energy secretary advocated raising gas prices

So, high Gas Prices are good now. Gotcha. Man, i gotta remember this hilarious stuff when the Republicans take the White House back. High Gas Prices are good? lol! Obama-Bots be craaaaazy. :cuckoo:

Murdoh's WSJ....so since that quote has become the RW nutters' resume of Obama Policy, as well as his "Veto" of Keystone BULLSHYTTE, and that BULLSHYTTE "40% reduction in fed lands production"...as always you dittoheads believa a total pile of PUBCRAPPE. Now go read something, and not PUBCRAPPE FCS. Change your fegging BULLSHYTTE channel.
And Cho's comment at the hearing was the out of context BULLSHYTTE.

Were high gas prices bush's fault, or n ot, in your own opinion? You do have one, dontcha pussy?

I didn't think so.

Wow.

Is it just not fun when Obama is held to the same standard he demanded of Bush?

What Chu said

So, high Gas Prices are good now. Gotcha. Man, i gotta remember this hilarious stuff when the Republicans take the White House back. High Gas Prices are good? lol! Obama-Bots be craaaaazy. :cuckoo:

How the FUCK do you get THAT, MORON- Obviously the Dems are doing everything to keep prices down, now for a compromise on high radiation production to end RW fearmongering in the USA, ISRAEL, and IRAN ferchrissake, and stopping the BOOOSH legacy oil speculators.

Pubs are a disgraceful lying disaster, and you dupes are BAD CITIZENS. Such stupidity and thick skulls....

What Chu said

You might want to read what you post.

"Chu told the newspaper that he favored raising gasoline taxes gradually over 15 years to coax consumers into buying fuel-efficient cars and discouraging sprawl.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Chu said in an interview with the Journal in September 2008. The quote did not appear in print until December, when the Journal ran a story after news emerged that Chu was being tapped as energy secretary."

What Chu said

Yeah, they were only whining when gas prices were high under Bush but now under Obama it all of a sudden becomes different???

WTF...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_tjPLJwVI&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL9385ACF5D47C4C9C]Barack Obama 2008 ad on Gas Prices - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjigcS8gN04]Democrats Then vs Now: Nancy Pelosi Blames Bush for High Gas Prices - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't think so.

Wow.

Is it just not fun when Obama is held to the same standard he demanded of Bush?

yea go ahead and find me all the posts where cf was blaming bush for high gas.

then try me, also.

cant find either? didnt think so, hack

What Chu said

How the FUCK do you get THAT, MORON- Obviously the Dems are doing everything to keep prices down, now for a compromise on high radiation production to end RW fearmongering in the USA, ISRAEL, and IRAN ferchrissake, and stopping the BOOOSH legacy oil speculators.

Pubs are a disgraceful lying disaster, and you dupes are BAD CITIZENS. Such stupidity and thick skulls....

Are you really that fucking dumb, pathetic and juvenile???

What Chu said

You might want to read what you post.

"Chu told the newspaper that he favored raising gasoline taxes gradually over 15 years to coax consumers into buying fuel-efficient cars and discouraging sprawl.

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Chu said in an interview with the Journal in September 2008. The quote did not appear in print until December, when the Journal ran a story after news emerged that Chu was being tapped as energy secretary."

Did you?

In an interview....before Obama was elected and at a point when Chu had no ties to Obama -- Chu told the newspaper that he favored raising gasoline taxes gradually over 15 years......

Forum List

Back