Obomination: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter...

It's $7.00 a gallon on Catalina now!

Bush didn't need to do anything about gas prices because they weren't high. They only got this high during the obama curse. obama's answer is for YOU to buy a new car. He doesn't need to do anything.

What he wanted to do was increase the price of oil by ending the subsidies which would have meant a dramatic increase. Such an increase would necessariy cause obama to give another speech about how YOU have to buy a new car.

How many cars on Catilina?

Boat dock gas has always been about 50% higher than land gas.

Yes, so all we have to do is wait until boat dock gas is $10.00 an hour and land gas is $8.00 an hour.

It will get there whether we wait or not.
I recall .20 gas.

With the notable exception that Chimpola didn't have an Energy Secretary whose stated goal was to have American prices rise to the level of those in Europe, and he himself wasn't openly hostile to oil, coal and natural gas production.

How do we know? I never did hear waht was discussed in Cheney's secret energy policy meetings with Big oil. Did you?

Ohh you did say "stated" goal.
We know because of Chu's own words.

Who did you expect Cheney to meet with when discussing energy policy, the Rotary Club?

Chus' probably met more with the Sierra Club than anyone remotely associated with actual energy production.

Obama-Bot programming: High Gas Prices under DA BOOOOOSH = BAAAAD!! High Gas Prices under the Dear Leader = GOOOOD!! You can't reason with them. Their robotic responses are pre-programmed and set on repeat. But it is fun watching them try to spin.

There it is, the mandatory Obama-bot insult.

Libo-Pauli you never disappoint.

:clap2:

an embaressed ex Bush supporter I think. They never fully recover though ;)

Obama-Bot programming: High Gas Prices under DA BOOOOOSH = BAAAAD!! High Gas Prices under the Dear Leader = GOOOOD!! You can't reason with them. Their robotic responses are pre-programmed and set on repeat. But it is fun watching them try to spin.

Now they're blaming Reagan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well you are a loyal Obama-Bot no? I just call em like i see em. You bitched everyday about high gas prices when your BOOOOSH Boogeyman was in there. And now you're here spinning high gas prices for your Dear Leader. I'm just pointing out truth & reality. But you obviously don't like that. And that's cool with me. But it's still truth & reality.

you guys are like retarded wind up toys.

Right winger:

under Bush - not Pres's fault
Under Obama - Pres's fault, and oh by the way since you said it was Bush's fault, it has to be obama's fault and i dont have to admit that i said it wasn't bush's fault.

flaming retards

Well you are a loyal Obama-Bot no? I just call em like i see em. You bitched everyday about high gas prices when your BOOOOSH Boogeyman was in there. And now you're here spinning high gas prices for your Dear Leader. I'm just pointing out truth & reality. But you obviously don't like that. And that's cool with me. But it's still truth & reality.

Sorry Chum, I didn't bitch once about high gas prices in 2008 because I grew up in the oil patch and I know a good deal about the industry. My bitch about President Bush is the ill advised strategic blunder of invading and occupying Iraq.

By providing historical information that gas prices were in fact higher in 2008, before the crash, than they are now is somehow spinning.

The main reason for today's high prices is the threat of another ME war.

US Crude oil production has not been this high since 1998.

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

Image what it would be if there had not been a 40% reduction of gas and oil production of federal lands under Obama.
Under Obama, Federal Oil and Gas Production Is Down 40%

After several months of review, the EIA issued a revised report March 14. It showed that in 2010, instead of dropping by 29% from 2009, crude oil production on federal lands actually rose by 15%. In fact, the EIA's revisions reversed what had looked like a 10-year decline.

The EIA also corrected another glaring error. The old numbers pegged 2003 production at 422.6 million barrels. But that didn't count the more than 200 million barrels acquired by the US that year under the now defunct royalty-in-kind program and used to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The revised numbers now show 2003 production of 689 million barrels.

And, for those keeping score, the revised data show that crude oil production on federally administered lands rose in the first three years of the Obama administration: from 575 million barrels in 2008, the last of the George W Bush years, to 646 million barrels in 2011.

Regulation & The Environment: just how much oil is coming out of federal waters? - The Barrel

:eusa_shhh:

You forgot to mention that the production came from leases already issued before Boiking took office.

Sorry Chum, I didn't bitch once about high gas prices in 2008 because I grew up in the oil patch and I know a good deal about the industry. My bitch about President Bush is the ill advised strategic blunder of invading and occupying Iraq.

By providing historical information that gas prices were in fact higher in 2008, before the crash, than they are now is somehow spinning.

Again, just more spin for your Dear Leader. You bitched & moaned everyday blaming your BOOOOOSH Boogeyman for high gas prices. You just admitted that. And so did all the other Obama-Bots on this Board too. You're not fooling anyone but yourself on this one. But i'll be perfectly willing to change my opinion when or if i see you guys spewing the same vitriolic blame for Obama over these high gas prices. Until i see that, it is what it is though.

Paulitician,

Did you rail Bush and the GOP when the price of gas skyrocketed between 2000-2008? If not, don't you find that just a bit hypocritical (because you're now railing Obama)?

Overall, I'm finding your whole approach here hypocritical. From the sounds of things, you appear to be the type who blames the Democratic President for every woe that faces our economy (like gas pricing), so how do you justify ridiculing someone else for doing the exact same thing when Bush was in office? Wouldn't you just be two peas in the same pod, only on different ends of the spectrum?

Last edited:

Again, just more spin for your Dear Leader. You bitched & moaned everyday blaming your BOOOOOSH Boogeyman for high gas prices. You just admitted that. And so did all the other Obama-Bots on this Board too. You're not fooling anyone but yourself on this one. But i'll be perfectly willing to change my opinion when or if i see you guys spewing the same vitriolic blame for Obama over these high gas prices. Until i see that, it is what it is.

Why do you lie and act like a prissy little feminine 5 year old all the time? Sit the fuck down.

For what? Being the one who allowed Iraq to arm itself with western technology to produce chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons? Or for selling missiles to Iran in exchange for Hostages. How about aiding terrorist in Central America? Illegally mining harbors. Ignoring Iraqs use of chemical weapon on the Iranian and Kurds.........Oh shit, that's right it was his sabatoging of the US oil industry and Carters plan to ween us off foriegn oil, I remember!

For what? Being the one who allowed Iraq to arm itself with western technology to produce chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons? Or for selling missiles to Iran in exchange for Hostages. How about aiding terrorist in Central America? Illegally mining harbors. Ignoring Iraqs use of chemical weapon on the Iranian and Kurds.........Oh shit, that's right it was his sabatoging of the US oil industry and Carters plan to ween us off foriegn oil, I remember!

Yup, you're no programmed Obama-Bot. Nope. No way. :cuckoo:

170px-Abraham_Lincoln_by_Alexander_Helser,_1860-crop.jpg

Marking the similarities between President Barack Obama's time in office and former president Jimmy Carter's is nothing new. But as of Monday, Obama has hit one more Carter benchmark - both saw gas prices double in their first term of office.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent. No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices. Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent. When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

The National Republican Congressional Committee called attention to Obama's recent "dishonorable distinction," blaming the Democrats' rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline as a major factor for skyrocketing gas prices.

Gas Prices averaged $1.86 a gallon when Obama took office.

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama than Carter - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

You should see how the Chicago Tribune has spun that shit...

First they attempted to paint higher gas prices as a sign of a growing economy, then a few days later they printed a story which implied gas prices are high because the savior Obama advocates people drive hybrids - hence you're really not paying more at the pump because you drive a Chevy Volt, hence you're only paying 75% of that 4.50 gallon of gas..

How dumb to progressives really think people are???

They'll spin just about anything.

Image what it would be if there had not been a 40% reduction of gas and oil production of federal lands under Obama.
Under Obama, Federal Oil and Gas Production Is Down 40%

After several months of review, the EIA issued a revised report March 14. It showed that in 2010, instead of dropping by 29% from 2009, crude oil production on federal lands actually rose by 15%. In fact, the EIA's revisions reversed what had looked like a 10-year decline.

The EIA also corrected another glaring error. The old numbers pegged 2003 production at 422.6 million barrels. But that didn't count the more than 200 million barrels acquired by the US that year under the now defunct royalty-in-kind program and used to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The revised numbers now show 2003 production of 689 million barrels.

And, for those keeping score, the revised data show that crude oil production on federally administered lands rose in the first three years of the Obama administration: from 575 million barrels in 2008, the last of the George W Bush years, to 646 million barrels in 2011.

Regulation & The Environment: just how much oil is coming out of federal waters? - The Barrel

:eusa_shhh:

You forgot to mention that the production came from leases already issued before Boiking took office.

So if there was a 40% drop like the cons have been saying for months, it's President Obama's fault, but now that it has been revised at a + %, it all happened on leases made before.......got it.:D

Forum List

Back