Obomination: Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama Than Carter...

We can not have the Robber Barons deciding who our president should be. The oil companies sabotaged Carter and we can not allow them to do so to Obama.

All the more reason to either Nationalize the Oil companies, and healthcare giants, or at least heavily regulate them.

And stop oil speculators on Wallstreet from costing Economy car owners an extra $12 every time they fill up and $20 if you own an SUV.

If the GOP would stop protecting/defending Oil speculators, what would gas cost? Instead of $60 fill up it would only be $40??? Blame the GOP.

This is why the Founders wrote the Second Amendment

Please explain.

I proved you wrong about the press' right to lie and now you are spouting off nonsense on this thread too?

You are what we call a low information voter.

You proved what?

What?

WTF are you talking about?

The Second Amendment is the only thing between the People and you Progressives nationalizing everything

The democrats hammered President Bush over the high gas prices and now cry "fowl" when it happens to their guy.. chickenshit innit?

take yer lumps big boys..

Because Bush buried his head in the sand and wouldn't do anything about it. Obama is taking them on. Remember he threatened to take away their tax breaks? Remember he released all that oil we had in reserve to increase supply?

What did Bush do? Please provide proof, which I know you can't and won't.

Pure BS, Yes he threatened to increase our prices, you do know who pays those taxes dont you? Never mind you are not sharp enough.

So you are saying that if we don't subsodize them that they will pass the cost on to us? I thought price was all about supply and demand? And so what? If you are a righty, isn't that a free market? Without government intervention? Let the markets decide, remember?

Trust me, they won't charge more than the market will bare. The only thing that will happen is their profits won't be so fat.

Hypocrites.

Corporate Welfare Defenders.

This is why the Founders wrote the Second Amendment

Please explain.

I proved you wrong about the press' right to lie and now you are spouting off nonsense on this thread too?

You proved what?

What?

The Second Amendment is the only thing between the People and you Progressives nationalizing everything

Will you murder Ron Paul if he Nationalizes the Federal Reserve? Stupid fuck. :lol:

Please explain.

You proved what?

What?

Will you murder Ron Paul if he Nationalizes the Federal Reserve? Stupid fuck. :lol:

Did you hit your head?

You're making less sense than Rdean

Because Bush buried his head in the sand and wouldn't do anything about it. Obama is taking them on. Remember he threatened to take away their tax breaks? Remember he released all that oil we had in reserve to increase supply?

Pure BS, Yes he threatened to increase our prices, you do know who pays those taxes dont you? Never mind you are not sharp enough.

So you are saying that if we don't subsodize them that they will pass the cost on to us? I thought price was all about supply and demand? And so what? If you are a righty, isn't that a free market? Without government intervention? Let the markets decide, remember?

Trust me, they won't charge more than the market will bare. The only thing that will happen is their profits won't be so fat.

Hypocrites.

Depreciation is now a "subsidy"

The democrats hammered President Bush over the high gas prices and now cry "fowl" when it happens to their guy.. chickenshit innit?

I thought increase in supply had no effect on oil prices because of the "world market" and "China"

Can you make up a fucking story and stick with it?

Obama didn't release our reserves into the world market you idiot. He released it into the US Market only. And he proved that supply and demand don't matter actually, because the oil companies still jacked up the prices.

I know, you don't understand. Go back to sucking on your cars talepipe.

Marking the similarities between President Barack Obama's time in office and former president Jimmy Carter's is nothing new. But as of Monday, Obama has hit one more Carter benchmark - both saw gas prices double in their first term of office.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent. No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices. Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent. When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

The National Republican Congressional Committee called attention to Obama's recent "dishonorable distinction," blaming the Democrats' rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline as a major factor for skyrocketing gas prices.

Gas Prices averaged $1.86 a gallon when Obama took office.

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama than Carter - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

First of all, it’s a silly and simplistic thing to assume that the President alone has any sort of ‘super power’ over the price of gas. Also, I think it’s even a stretch to say that Washington in general has as significant effect on the price of gas. But even if you did think that Washington could significantly affect the price of gas through policy decisions, you still have to consider the 500+ Senators and Representatives that also have control over the law crafting/approval.

Finally I'd like to note that when Obama took office, the price of gas had just crashed significantly to $1.86 along with the entire economy in 2008. Just months earlier in that same year, the price was at about $4.00+, so it’s dishonest to run these stats without showing the full picture.

Why not compare the average price of gas in 2008 to the average price of gas today? This is a misleading use of statistics, and a dishonest post.

Kevin allow me to show you the full picture.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4331-gv022312dapr20120223054527.jpg

Sums it up pretty succinctly. :)

Ah more bullshit.

Because the price of gas dropped about 50% during the economic crash at the end of the Bush administration. In Aug of 2008 the price was about 3.89 per gallon.

But then again Carter"izing" this president has alway been a Republicon objective.

Under Carter, for those who remember, there wasn't any gas. Carter imposed higher taxes and price controls to keep the price down. Oil companies exercised their right not to sell us any. Thankfully obama didn't get to impose higher taxes on the oil companies or the coversation today would be very different. Like how people would get to work with no transportation.

obama hasn't released any oil reserves. He's been asked to but he hasn't done it.

Hypocrites.

You do have a link to the checks cut to the oil companies dont you?

I can talk about big oil checks cut to obama.

Lets play, post your link.

I thought increase in supply had no effect on oil prices because of the "world market" and "China"

Can you make up a fucking story and stick with it?

Obama didn't release our reserves into the world market you idiot. He released it into the US Market only. And he proved that supply and demand don't matter actually, because the oil companies still jacked up the prices.

I know, you don't understand. Go back to sucking on your cars talepipe.

Bullshit... a large factor behind the rise now is the declining US $ which Barry Obama and Mr. Bernanke have played a major factor... but demand is always a factor as well.

Obama the genius has simultaneously argued that supplies don't matter but demand does.. that's just either colossally ignorant or plain old dishonest.

Last edited:
By this logic, if you compare Clinton to Bush....

Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama cannot control OPEC or the demand from China or India or the effect of Wall Street speculators on oil prices. Obama cannot control how speculators are interpreting the rightwing call for war against Iran.

Reagan was asked to put the Pentagon budget into oil prices, that is, it was argued that the real cost of oil needed to reflect the military investment in the middle east. Reagan declined because he didn't want a market signal toward alternatives and conservation. He dug our grave.

If you want to talk about what happened while a president was in office. Bush lost the American housing and financial markets - both of which crashed on his watch. Granted, when things go wrong on the GOP's watch, they tend to blame the other party. They blamed the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (passed by Carter) for the housing meltdown. They say you can't blame Bush for anything, but they've been blaming Carter for 30 years.

The OP would have credibility if he would stop re-posting tired Rightwing talking points. It would be nice if he could show us the calculation for what causes oil prices to rise and fall. Perhaps he could show us how much the total global demand affects price. Perhaps he could show us how much the price would be affected if America drilled for its truly paltry remaining supplies. Perhaps he could show us how much oil speculators affect the price, if he even understands that. Perhaps he could talk about Iraq/Iran's decision to price oil in Euros rather than dollars - and how much that affects the price in the USA.

Problem is . . . we suspect he doesn't really understand any of this. We suspect he cannot provide the exact details of where oil prices come from. We suspect he is stuck inside Rightwing talking points. We suspect he is repeating think tank conclusions sans data.

(God help us . . . because he votes)

Last edited:

every time obama opens his mouth and bashes fossil fuels it drives the prices up.. how prepared are you for $7.00 a gallon?

We can not have the Robber Barons deciding who our president should be. The oil companies sabotaged Carter and we can not allow them to do so to Obama.

All the more reason to either Nationalize the Oil companies, and healthcare giants, or at least heavily regulate them.

And stop oil speculators on Wallstreet from costing Economy car owners an extra $12 every time they fill up and $20 if you own an SUV.

If the GOP would stop protecting/defending Oil speculators, what would gas cost? Instead of $60 fill up it would only be $40??? Blame the GOP.

Try as you will, people are not buying your line of crap. Speculators are speculating that Barack Obama and his Democrat's energy policies will continue to hamstring energy exploration and production in this nation thus keeping supply low. If Obama had decent energy policies then the bets would be leaning towards a bigger supply making oil prices fall lower. Try again.

Kevin allow me to show you the full picture.

full-auto-albums-drama-queen-picture4331-gv022312dapr20120223054527.jpg

The Democrats whining and blaming Bush for high gas prices during his administration in no way serves as justification for whining and blaming Obama during his administration.

Two wrongs don’t cancel each other out to make a right, it just makes for two wrongs and a continuation of this ridiculous double-standards blame game that only stands to make us all dumber, and divided.

Also I will note that Washington probably did have more of an effect on gas prices during the Bush administration primarily because of the decision to go to war with Iraq and Afghanistan. However, that decision to go to war was shared by hundreds of serving Dems and Republicans alike, and therefore cannot be blamed solely on a single person or President.

Again, all the original post does is perpetuate this dishonest reasoning and scapegoating. It gets us nowhere.

Last edited:

Hypocrites.

Isn't it kinda "i'll just shoot myself in the ass" kinda behavior to say A. Hypocrites,, and B. corporate Welfare Defenders" to us? ain't you one sorry asshole who demanded that GM be given some corporate welfare? what a asshole you turned out to be.. huh? hypocrite?

ery time obama opens his mouth and bashes fossil fuels it drives the prices up.. how prepared are you for $7.00 a gallon?

It's $7.00 a gallon on Catalina now!

Bush didn't need to do anything about gas prices because they weren't high. They only got this high during the obama curse. obama's answer is for YOU to buy a new car. He doesn't need to do anything.

What he wanted to do was increase the price of oil by ending the subsidies which would have meant a dramatic increase. Such an increase would necessariy cause obama to give another speech about how YOU have to buy a new car.

Marking the similarities between President Barack Obama's time in office and former president Jimmy Carter's is nothing new. But as of Monday, Obama has hit one more Carter benchmark - both saw gas prices double in their first term of office.

In fact, while just barely, Obama has seen an even higher gas price increase than Carter dealt with under his administration.

Under the Carter administration, gas prices increased by 103.77 percent. Gas prices since Obama took office have risen by 103.79 percent. No other presidents in recent years have struggled as much with soaring oil prices. Under the Reagan administration, gas prices actually dropped 66 percent. When Bill Clinton was president, gas prices grew by roughly 30 percent, and under both Bush presidencies, gas prices rose by 20 percent.

The National Republican Congressional Committee called attention to Obama's recent "dishonorable distinction," blaming the Democrats' rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline as a major factor for skyrocketing gas prices.

Gas Prices averaged $1.86 a gallon when Obama took office.

Gas Prices Grow More Under Obama than Carter - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Gas prices were about $4.11 in July 2008. Who was president?
Play with the numbers all you want though.

ery time obama opens his mouth and bashes fossil fuels it drives the prices up.. how prepared are you for $7.00 a gallon?

It's $7.00 a gallon on Catalina now!

Bush didn't need to do anything about gas prices because they weren't high. They only got this high during the obama curse. obama's answer is for YOU to buy a new car. He doesn't need to do anything.

What he wanted to do was increase the price of oil by ending the subsidies which would have meant a dramatic increase. Such an increase would necessariy cause obama to give another speech about how YOU have to buy a new car.

How many cars on Catilina?

Boat dock gas has always been about 50% higher than land gas.

Forum List

Back