Obama's war on Fox & half the country

How many watch Fox?....a million or so? The population is over 300 million.That means that Fox's audience is a third of one per cent. You need to work on your math skills.

Your math is actually off a bit, but if you are correct that Fox's audience is a tiny percentage of the total population, why do you think the Obama administration is so obsessed with them?
How so?

How many watch Fox?....a million or so? The population is over 300 million.That means that Fox's audience is a third of one per cent. You need to work on your math skills.

Your math is actually off a bit, but if you are correct that Fox's audience is a tiny percentage of the total population, why do you think the Obama administration is so obsessed with them?

I have seen a couple of admin officials coment on questions relating to Fox. I know of no admin communication where they just came out and announced something relating to Fox.
I don't think answering a question with "we don't care" about Fox is obssessing. I think you trying to make a big deal of the amin ignoring Fox is obssessing.

Ah but the Administration is not suggesting that THEY ignore Fox. They are suggesting that the rest of the media world exclude them, isolate them, diminish them. You see Fox is the only mainstream news organization that is actually reporting on ALL the issues these days and showing the pros and cons of everything. That's why their ratings are so high. Those news organization who are in bed with the Administration and radical liberal left are losing audience day by day, week by week, as people who wish to be informed have only Fox to go to. So the other media outlets try to compensate by including some of the coverage Fox reports. That is what the President and his surrogates do not wish to happen.

Its also why they are looking for some way to control us out here on the internet too. Only if they can keep the vast majority of Americans fooled, ignorant, and misled can they get their agenda through. Most Americans representing all political spectrums who are actually educated on that agenda are not in favor of most of it. The President and his surrogates do not want us to be the least bit educated.

If the Administration gets its way, are you comfortable with it dictating to the majority of the Fourth Estate what we the people are supposed to know and believe? Are you comfortable with it initiating a full scale assault on any media that won't toe that line?

I have seen a couple of admin officials coment on questions relating to Fox. I know of no admin communication where they just came out and announced something relating to Fox.
I don't think answering a question with "we don't care" about Fox is obssessing. I think you trying to make a big deal of the amin ignoring Fox is obssessing.

Ah but the Administration is not suggesting that THEY ignore Fox. They are suggesting that the rest of the media world exclude them, isolate them, diminish them. You see Fox is the only mainstream news organization that is actually reporting on ALL the issues these days and showing the pros and cons of everything. That's why their ratings are so high. Those news organization who are in bed with the Administration and radical liberal left are losing audience day by day, week by week, as people who wish to be informed have only Fox to go to. So the other media outlets try to compensate by including some of the coverage Fox reports. That is what the President and his surrogates do not wish to happen.

Its also why they are looking for some way to control us out here on the internet too. Only if they can keep the vast majority of Americans fooled, ignorant, and misled can they get their agenda through. Most Americans representing all political spectrums who are actually educated on that agenda are not in favor of most of it. The President and his surrogates do not want us to be the least bit educated.

If the Administration gets its way, are you comfortable with it dictating to the majority of the Fourth Estate what we the people are supposed to know and believe? Are you comfortable with it initiating a full scale assault on any media that won't toe that line?

I think Fox made thier bed and now they are LYING in it.

I think Fox made thier bed and now they are LYING in it.

Well they are certainly laughing all the way to the bank. As for LYING, I would need to see some constructive proof that they are putting out intentional lies or even unintentional mistruths that they fail to correct in order to believe them to be less trustworthy than any other news source.

And no, I won't accept Media Matters or any other intentionally partison source as evidence of that.

Obama finally agreed to commit more troops, unfortunately, instead of Afghanistan they're headed to the FoxNews front.

Last edited:
On the one hand, we should celebrate the war between Fox News and the White House.

It is a good thing President Obama & Co. are angry with Fox. It means Fox is doing its job, you know, holding the Executive Branch accountable, like a real news organization. This is good news. Traditionally in America, the Fourth Estate's role has been to challenge those in power, challenge the assumptions, examine the assertions, and check for accuracy, all the while carrying both sides of the story.

A real news organization serves the people, acting as a check on power by informing people so they can make good decisions at the polls.

The fact that Fox is holding Obama's feet to the fire should cause rejoicing.

On the other hand, there are three bad news dimensions to all this: the rest of the media is content to lick Obama's boots, true to pattern Obama is glad to selfishly attack a private news organization (by the way, the most highly rated television news group in the nation), and the more Nero fiddles, the higher the flames.

Barack Obama is happy to fight a war on Fox.

He preaches unity with his mouth, but with his hands, he sows seeds of division.

American Thinker: Obama's war on Fox & half the country

Maybe he will send those 40,000 troops over there to break out the windows in the Fox news building, have congress declare war on Fox news. Arrest the owner, the reporters, the opinion people, and send them all to goulags never to be heard from again. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fox news ROCKS. Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE:

According to Fox News this morning, the White House recently announced that all the major TV outlets would have access to certain White House people EXCEPT that Fox News would not be invited.

To their great credit, all the other news groups--CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS--refused to participate themselves unless Fox News was included.

I think this is a sign that as kool-ade drunk, partisan, ideologically brainwashed, etc. as the liberal media has been, at least somebody is waking up to the real danger should the Administration be able to control the press. If Fox is cut out today, any of them could be excluded tomorrow if they happened to displease somebody.

Without a free unfettered press, there is no freedom. Kudos to all our media for recognizing at least that much.

I think the administration is trying to put Fox out of business, by trying to descredit them. Fortunately it backfired, and their ratings have been going up, which means the ratings for the other networks has gone down even further. I think that's why they other networks are not happy with this.

UPDATE:

According to Fox News this morning, the White House recently announced that all the major TV outlets would have access to certain White House people EXCEPT that Fox News would not be invited.

To their great credit, all the other news groups--CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS--refused to participate themselves unless Fox News was included.

I think this is a sign that as kool-ade drunk, partisan, ideologically brainwashed, etc. as the liberal media has been, at least somebody is waking up to the real danger should the Administration be able to control the press. If Fox is cut out today, any of them could be excluded tomorrow if they happened to displease somebody.

Without a free unfettered press, there is no freedom. Kudos to all our media for recognizing at least that much.

The above posting is nothing short of delusional on so many levels I hardly know where to begin. Lets start with Fox is not the press... free or otherwise. Fox is not a news orginization. Fox is not owned by an American. The president isn't obligated to respond to foreign owned infotainment outlets. Granting presidential interviews has never been unrestricted under ANY administration. It is not Fox's Rupert Murdoch nor Roger Ailes decision who interviews the president. Name calling, missinformation, treason and anti american government rhetoric has its reprocussions...as in you don't get invited to the party if you make it clear that the only reason you want to attend is because you want to shit in the punch bowl.

Do you really believe that any major news organization is going to turn down an interview with a sitting president because foreign owned Fox isn't invited? That is so stupid it defies any justification of the time to analyze it. If you are all in a lather to defend freedom of the press don't you think it would appear more genuine if you chose as your poster child an american media outlet?

UPDATE:

The above posting is nothing short of delusional on so many levels I hardly know where to begin. Lets start with Fox is not the press... free or otherwise. Fox is not a news orginization. Fox is not owned by an American. The president isn't obligated to respond to foreign owned infotainment outlets. Granting presidential interviews has never been unrestricted under ANY administration. It is not Fox's Rupert Murdoch nor Roger Ailes decision who interviews the president. Name calling, missinformation, treason and anti american government rhetoric has its reprocussions...as in you don't get invited to the party if you make it clear that the only reason you want to attend is because you want to shit in the punch bowl.

Do you really believe that any major news organization is going to turn down an interview with a sitting president because foreign owned Fox isn't invited? That is so stupid it defies any justification of the time to analyze it. If you are all in a lather to defend freedom of the press don't you think it would appear more genuine if you chose as your poster child an american media outlet?

Oh for heaven's sake. I accept that you hate Fox News. But you can't get around their ratings or their reputation for fair and balanced reporting that is as good or better than anybody else's.

Here is a clip backing up the reality that the White House did attempt to ban Fox News and the other news groups came to their defense:

http://www.thefoxnation.com/politics/2009/10/23/wh-tries-ban-fox-news-pool-interview

And here is a UCLA study that pretty well disputes your own obviously prejudiced impression of Fox News:

Excerpt
"If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Five news outlets — "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer," ABC's "Good Morning America," CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown," Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and the Drudge Report — were in a statistical dead heat in the race for the most centrist news outlet. Of the print media, USA Today was the most centrist.
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

Obama's war on Fox & half the country

Oh, that's a hoot. Only 19 or 20% of the country admits to being a Republican. Less than 6% of scientists will say they are a Republican.

Fox get's 3 million out of 330 million. That's less than 1%.

And yet, it's 50%. Obviously, the fact that less than 6% of scientists are Republican hurts their ability to "number count".

Republicans are strange. Why do such low people have such a high self opinion?

UPDATE:

Oh for heaven's sake. I accept that you hate Fox News. But you can't get around their ratings or their reputation for fair and balanced reporting that is as good or better than anybody else's.

Here is a clip backing up the reality that the White House did attempt to ban Fox News and the other news groups came to their defense:

WH Tries to Ban Fox News From 'Pool Interview' | The FOX Nation

And here is a UCLA study that pretty well disputes your own obviously prejudiced impression of Fox News:

Excerpt
"If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Five news outlets — "NewsHour With Jim Lehrer," ABC's "Good Morning America," CNN's "NewsNight With Aaron Brown," Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and the Drudge Report — were in a statistical dead heat in the race for the most centrist news outlet. Of the print media, USA Today was the most centrist.
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

You are not addressing a child. The least you could do is addmit that your feelings are hurt because the pulpit of treason you pray to wasn't invited to the party. I don't hate Fox any more than any other subversive organization. I am offended by a foreigner dumbing down our population. What is it that you don't understand about the meaning of "foreign"?
What on earth does any part of our country..government or otherwise owe Rupert Murdoch? Your fascination with tabloid lost blonds, balloon boys and and rambling crying mental cases like Glen Beck is noted. I like the History Chanel but I don't really care if they get a presidential interview or not even though they have a far more legitimate reason for requesting one than a chanel that specializes in lying, attempting to get americans to vote for supporting the rights of international corporations over the rights and welfare of US citizens, flogging tea bagging and constantly posing earthshaking "news" like wether or not Obama is a US citizen. I don't care if Obama came from outer space. He was elected fairly, openly and by a good majority. He was elected by a number of americans 30 times larger than fox's largest viewing audience. I am not a liberal nor am I a democrat but since the republican party has been driven into the ground by fundimentalist fascists there was no choice but to vote for the smart guy in the last election. How you let a foreign piece of shit like Murdoch trick you into thinking that his interests outweigh yours I will never know but I am offended by it.

Lets start with Fox is not the press... free or otherwise. Fox is not a news orginization.

Main Entry: 1press
Pronunciation: \ˈpres\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English presse, from Anglo-French, from presser to press
Date: 13th century
1 a : a crowd or crowded condition : throng b : a thronging or crowding forward or together
2 a : an apparatus or machine by which a substance is cut or shaped, an impression of a body is taken, a material is compressed, pressure is applied to a body, liquid is expressed, or a cutting tool is fed into the work by pressure b : a building containing presses or a business using presses
3 : closet, cupboard
4 a : an action of pressing or pushing : pressure b : an aggressive pressuring defense employed in basketball often over the entire court area
5 : the properly smoothed and creased condition of a freshly pressed garment <out of press>
6 a : printing press b : the act or the process of printing c : a printing or publishing establishment
7 a : the gathering and publishing or broadcasting of news : journalism b : newspapers, periodicals, and often radio and television news broadcasting c : news reporters, publishers, and broadcasters d : comment or notice in newspapers and periodicals <is getting a good press>
8 : any of various pressure devices (as one for keeping sporting gear from warping when not in use)
9 : a lift in weight lifting in which the weight is raised to shoulder height and then smoothly extended overhead without assist from the legs — compare clean and jerk, snatch

press - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

If you have to resort to redefining English words to make your arguement, you're way past losing it.

You may not like Fox, you may think their journalism is bad, or biased, but it doesn't change the fact that they are a part of the news media.

I despise MSNBC, because it is completely biased. But its still technically a news organization.

Lets start with Fox is not the press... free or otherwise. Fox is not a news orginization.

Main Entry: 1press
Pronunciation: \&#712;pres\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English presse, from Anglo-French, from presser to press
Date: 13th century
1 a : a crowd or crowded condition : throng b : a thronging or crowding forward or together
2 a : an apparatus or machine by which a substance is cut or shaped, an impression of a body is taken, a material is compressed, pressure is applied to a body, liquid is expressed, or a cutting tool is fed into the work by pressure b : a building containing presses or a business using presses
3 : closet, cupboard
4 a : an action of pressing or pushing : pressure b : an aggressive pressuring defense employed in basketball often over the entire court area
5 : the properly smoothed and creased condition of a freshly pressed garment <out of press>
6 a : printing press b : the act or the process of printing c : a printing or publishing establishment
7 a : the gathering and publishing or broadcasting of news : journalism b : newspapers, periodicals, and often radio and television news broadcasting c : news reporters, publishers, and broadcasters d : comment or notice in newspapers and periodicals <is getting a good press>
8 : any of various pressure devices (as one for keeping sporting gear from warping when not in use)
9 : a lift in weight lifting in which the weight is raised to shoulder height and then smoothly extended overhead without assist from the legs — compare clean and jerk, snatch

press - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

If you have to resort to redefining English words to make your arguement, you're way past losing it.

You may not like Fox, you may think their journalism is bad, or biased, but it doesn't change the fact that they are a part of the news media.

I despise MSNBC, because it is completely biased. But its still technically a news organization.

I don't consider lost blonds in Aruba or Obamas birth certificate conspiracy news on a national forum. I do have a problem with liars. Roger Ailes has a long and disgusting track record in American politics. Rupert Murdoch is an influence peddler of the worst kind and I repeat ad nauseum that HE is the one that is not an american. If you were Austrailian I could at least understand your loyalty to him over a sitting president in the USA. What exactly DO we owe the foreign owned media?

Forum List

Back