Obama's stock plummets on Intrade, Romney's rising

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Conservative, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Intrade - Markets
    Currently, on the Intrade 2012 Presidential Winner board, Obama has dropped to 59.5% chance of winning in November, down from 78% just before the debate against Romney.

Romney, meanwhile, has gone from 21% just before the debate with Obama, up to 40.6%.

Yeah, it's completely non-scientific, but it's interesting none the less.

Side note:

RCP, Romney is 1 point up over Obama in the average... ahead in Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, & Missouri, and is within 2.5 in Ohio, Wisconsin, Virginia and New Hampshire. As for the electoral map on RCP, Romney has pulled to within 20 of Obama... 201-181 (swing states).

Winning the swing states he's ahead in now would give Romney 254, needing only 16 more to win. Ohio alone would give it to Romney. If he doesn't get Ohio, then any combination of Wisconsin, Virginia & New Hampshire would give it to Romney.

The fat lady has not sung, libtards. Don't go renting your tux/gown for the inaugural ball just yet.

2. Wroberson

Wroberson VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The bubble is coming...

3. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    sign that you guys are heading for victory here. Romney got the big mo .

4. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    I heard an interesting rumour that some European banks will downgrade American investments if Romney wins because his economic policies are seen as being bad for investment.

Remember when tax-and-spend Democrats were a worse economic option than Republicans?

5. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Well not sure about that but from uk point of view just having conservative in charge does not mean your ecnomey will improve
    Our conservative prime minster david cameron not done much to improve job growth. In fact his cutting agenda hardly grown the ecnomey at all. cutting does not mean job grow .

6. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    Decker -

I think Cameron is suffering from similar problems to Obama; as are most of the worlds leaders. Everywhere we look there is rising unemployment, sluggish growth and a lack of consumer confidence.

I can see Cameron losing the next election as a result of that.

7. Decus

Decus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I responded with this to a post by Decker but believe that it applies to what you are alluding to Saigon.

"Osbourne recently spoke of a triple threat to the global economy. The continued growth of US debt, uncertainty in the Eurozone and a slowdown in emerging market economies. Unfortunately, Osbourne is not the only one to say this.
    The battle being waged to set this right is between those advocating that austerity measures be taken, versus those that see the way forward by stimulating economies through continued debt spending.

If you believe a recent IMF assessment, increasing taxes and curtailing spending will lead to falling GDP growth and require governments to borrow more, thereby increasing their debt. All seem to agree however that debt in an economic time bomb, with only two options available: reduce it or deal with the consequences."

Personally I think we've reached the point of no return. The debt has to be dealt with and no amount of manipulation or "kicking the can down the road" will avoid having to face a severe recession or even depression in order to reset the economy.

8. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    well he not very popular in the uk. Like all world leaders they all faced struggle from either poltical views to improve a sluggish ecnomey. Cutting or spending does not cure the promblem. But i think his goverment have cut far to fast.

i think cameron is very lucky to face such a weak labour oppostion leader. For me ed milliband is not a leader and frankly i wish labour party had someone who looked like one at the moment. Country don,t love the conservatives but can see him winning reelection due to labour weak leader.

9. decker

decker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79
    your right that we need to tackle the debt. But you don,t cut tat the pace osbourne has and then not have a plan for growth. he basically saying that we puts all our eggs into private sector and hope that provides growth. The promblem with that view is not really worked as no more jobs in uk private sector then public sector.

also it inconsitant approch. he willing to target normal people but yet does not target the banks that put us into this recession.

10. Decus

Decus Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +527
    I probably shouldn't be repeating posts but one more time.

Thanks Decker. I appreciate your views. I don't think Romney is the solution either but Obama seems even more reckless in his inexperience. I also do not believe that this issue will be resolved by increasing taxes (ie: more taxes, less GDP growth - more debt).
    We have to create a system wherein you don't have to rob the next generation in order to meet the needs of the present generation. We talk quite abit these days regarding sustainable development but have yet to address the issue of sustainable government. The principle is the same: to leave something better for the next generation