Obama's Speech Today Was SPOT ON!!

Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit has a great idea for Shared Sacrifice:

Anybody who works for the government should pay a big tax surcharge if he or she takes a high paying job in the private sector for a five year period after leaving the government. Taxpayers have "invested" in that person's marketability, and deserve a return.

Here's how it would work:

- Gubmint worker's federal salary was $150K per year.
- Gubmint worker's compensation at Wall St. bank or lobbying firm is $1M.
- Gubmitn worker pays "windfall compensation tax" of 50%, or even better 90% on the $850K of additional comp above his federal salary.

What I find funny is that, after lying to his base, and 'pandering' to the right.... dude makes one speech and the fucking Obamanation falls for yet more shite from the snake oil salesman. It's like they learned nothing in the past couple of years. Apparently, stupidity cannot be cured.

It's a bit of stupidity but it's also a bit of convenient ignorance. They just love that whole "Tax the Evil Rich" stuff. They really do gobble that stuff up. That fact is,their guy has spent us into Hell. And all the taxes in the World wont even add up to a drop in the bucket. $15 Trillion in Debt can only be addressed with spending cuts and balancing the Budget. No one has any faith the Government can take in more Tax Revenue and spend it properly. Seriously,how could the Government spend $15 Trillion more than they took in. That's just shocking and mind-boggling. We don't have a Taxpayer problem. We have a Government problem. The Taxpayers have done their part. The Government hasn't done theirs.

What I find funny is that, after lying to his base, and 'pandering' to the right.... dude makes one speech and the fucking Obamanation falls for yet more shite from the snake oil salesman. It's like they learned nothing in the past couple of years. Apparently, stupidity cannot be cured.

Hmmmm...

Another post where CaliGurl call others stupid

Do I detect a trend?

There is a more apt description for people who fall for the same bullshit you fell for in 08? If there is, I'd love to hear it... but.... as far as I can tell.... Obama lied to get elected, and now y'all are bouncing around like two year olds waiting for fucking candy cuz he made a speech.

Stupid.

Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit has a great idea for Shared Sacrifice:

Anybody who works for the government should pay a big tax surcharge if he or she takes a high paying job in the private sector for a five year period after leaving the government. Taxpayers have "invested" in that person's marketability, and deserve a return.

Here's how it would work:

- Gubmint worker's federal salary was $150K per year.
- Gubmint worker's compensation at Wall St. bank or lobbying firm is $1M.
- Gubmitn worker pays "windfall compensation tax" of 50%, or even better 90% on the $850K of additional comp above his federal salary.

Thats the way they used to do it in the Soviet Union

They thought they owned you

Hmmmm...

Do I detect a trend?

There is a more apt description for people who fall for the same bullshit you fell for in 08? If there is, I'd love to hear it... but.... as far as I can tell.... Obama lied to get elected, and now y'all are bouncing around like two year olds waiting for fucking candy cuz he made a speech.

Stupid.

There are still some people who are dazzled by Shiny Blingity Bling Bling.

boedicca-albums-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3418-obama-blingee.gif

The debt is too large for gimmicks

ALL Areas must be up for scrutiny including taxes, social security, the military, entitlements.....

GOP wants to balance the budget on Medicare, Planned Parenthood and Public TV

Correct... Now if we could get either party to do more than flash their balls to the camera. Dems never cut military and spent more on domestic while Republicans never cut domestic while spending more on military... I'm not seeing an upside here. This last budget spent more on military, of course Obama did get the US into another war but that’s beside the point, not really though.

Good point really..

When are we going to stand up and say "We have been in these wars for ten years now and can no longer afford it"

These wars are luxuries when you have $14 trillion in debt

Get out NOW

RW, if it were not for the fact that I know you then yes, I'd agree. However, knowing you fully supported the Libya war and plan to vote for Obama who went out of his way to expand Afghanistan and 'pretend" Iraq is over and done with tells me you honestly don't give a shit.

You should really give that video a watch, I know it can't possibly change your mind and to be outright honest I dono if that video is accurate. However, lets say it's at least close, that's you getting everything you want or could hope for and it still fails.

Whereas I won’t watch Obama Speeches anymore as it takes seconds for him to prove he is full of shit (just like Bush was for me) I’m sure it was wonderful. Obama has now assured millions of poor people that taxing the rich will solve everything or at least make a big enough difference despite the fact that taxing the rich even at 90% we would still be running a fucking massively huge, overwhelming and ever growing deficit that is not being paid down. But hay, I guess before inflation hits and we have riots in the street for food Obama can say “I taxed the rich more, and that is fair

Hmmmm...

Do I detect a trend?

Stupid.

Yes CaliGurl

We have heard it before. Only those who agree with you are smart. Anyone who voted for Obama is Stoopid

We're NOT going to tax those of us who are most vulnerable and are going to ask those of us who have PROFITED the most from the system to PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

It's all about SHARED SACRIFICE.

Remember that Republicans?

Kudos Obama...way to win back your support.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Take every dime and all the profits and earnings of everyone who works and he still can balance the budget with all the spending and borrowing.
Just cheer on... but never wake up.

What am I missing here?
According to the CBO we ran a deficit of 1.3 trillion in 2010 alone. Is cutting 4 trillion over twelve years steering the U.S.S. Titanic clear of icebergs?
Obamabots celebrate taxing the rich. Then why did the market close up today? Common sense would dictate the market should have closed on the downside if the rich was gonna get heavily taxed.
What am I missing here?

Correct... Now if we could get either party to do more than flash their balls to the camera. Dems never cut military and spent more on domestic while Republicans never cut domestic while spending more on military... I'm not seeing an upside here. This last budget spent more on military, of course Obama did get the US into another war but that’s beside the point, not really though.

Good point really..

When are we going to stand up and say "We have been in these wars for ten years now and can no longer afford it"

These wars are luxuries when you have $14 trillion in debt

Get out NOW

RW, if it were not for the fact that I know you then yes, I'd agree. However, knowing you fully supported the Libya war and plan to vote for Obama who went out of his way to expand Afghanistan and 'pretend" Iraq is over and done with tells me you honestly don't give a shit.

You should really give that video a watch, I know it can't possibly change your mind and to be outright honest I dono if that video is accurate. However, lets say it's at least close, that's you getting everything you want or could hope for and it still fails.

Whereas I won’t watch Obama Speeches anymore as it takes seconds for him to prove he is full of shit (just like Bush was for me) I’m sure it was wonderful. Obama has now assured millions of poor people that taxing the rich will solve everything or at least make a big enough difference despite the fact that taxing the rich even at 90% we would still be running a fucking massively huge, overwhelming and ever growing deficit that is not being paid down. But hay, I guess before inflation hits and we have riots in the street for food Obama can say “I taxed the rich more, and that is fair

Libya is a minor excursion with limited US involvement. Give it time and I will see if we have overextended our stay

Afghanistan is 9 years, Iraq 7 years

Both cost big dollars that we are taking away from American people. I would rather pull out than cut peoples Medicare

Hmmmm...

Do I detect a trend?

Stupid.

Yes CaliGurl

We have heard it before. Only those who agree with you are smart. Anyone who voted for Obama is Stoopid

No, RightWhiner... not true. I don't call intelligent liberals 'stupid'. Jillian, for instance... I have no problem with her.... she has a rational head - I just disagree with her. The ones I mock are the fools - like you, like MarcATL, rdean, etc - who get all excited over a speech.... politicians and speeches.... never the truth shall meet. We see it day in and day out.... and yet, fucking fools fall for it. That's why I mock you. If you wait patiently, you'll see me do the same thing to the right wing.

Stupid.

Yes CaliGurl

No, RightWhiner... not true. I don't call intelligent liberals 'stupid'. Jillian, for instance... I have no problem with her.... she has a rational head - I just disagree with her. The ones I mock are the fools - like you, like MarcATL, rdean, etc - who get all excited over a speech.... politicians and speeches.... never the truth shall meet. We see it day in and day out.... and yet, fucking fools fall for it. That's why I mock you. If you wait patiently, you'll see me do the same thing to the right wing.

Acting out on your catfight with teapartysamurai does not constitute fair and balanced.:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back