Obama's Speech Today Was SPOT ON!!

So GE and the like are going to start paying taxes?

OH HEAVEN FORBID!!

Obama is a DEMOCRAT, not a nationalist.

Obama calls himself a Democrat, but what he is doesn't really have a label.
Even while he is saying all the things we who are leaning left want to hear he is also signing new FREE TRADE agreements with Korea.

Even while he was voted in by people hoping for single payer universal HC, his compromise solution benefits private HC insurers more than anybody else.

Even while he was voted in by people hopeing for an end to our Asian wars of empire, he has ratched up our military presense there

Even while he was voted in by people expecting GITMO to close it remains open.

Even while he was voted in by people who loathe the Patriot act he does nothing to end it.

Even while he was voted in by people who clearly object to the wildingly out of line income distribution, he is failing to do much about it.

I could go on and on and on about how Obama's policies are essantially, --when it comes to the ONLY things that matters...economic policies and foreign interventions -- REPUBLICAN LITE.

You may see this guy as being significantly different (certainly his rhetoric is) , but in the larger picture to most of us on the left who are POLICY DRIVEN thinkers, Obama is nothing more than a slightly more personally palatable version of Bush II.

Not by any stretch. If you want to get down to specifics the differences are too many to mention.

First and foremost Bush was a friendly guy with a quick wit and outgoing personality while Obama throughout his life has been rather unpopular and a bit spoiled. Bush was hyper-active while Obama was a bit on the lazy side. He procrastinates and delays difficult decisions and rarely is decisive unless the outcome is preordained.

The only reason he seems like Bush isn't because that's the way he wanted it, it's because he discovered that he couldn't get his way on everything. I'm sure that behind closed doors there have been serious arguments over what Obama can do and can't do. When he gives a speech like he did this week, that is the real Obama. The fake Obama is the one they're trying to pass off as being reasonable and moderate.

Shared Sacrifice means everyone shares in the hardship, not just the rich.

I think the point is that in the last 40 years or soCAPITAL got the elevator to the top while all the the working classes have gotten is the shaft.

The working classes already are sacrificing and now its time that the masters share some of that pain (pain that only they could possbly have created, I add) too.

I do not expect Obama or any other POTUS to be able to do this.

AFter all who OWNS congress?

Welfare mothers? Unionists? minimum wage earners?

Hell no!

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

This mythology went so far that Dick Cheney famously said, "Deficits don't matter."

Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, called the Reagan tax cuts a "trojan horse" to lower taxes for the rich.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

What we need to do is repeal the Bush tax cuts and cut the military budget.

I think the point is that in the last 40 years or soCAPITAL got the elevator to the top while all the the working classes have gotten is the shaft.

The working classes already are sacrificing and now its time that the masters share some of that pain (pain that only they could possbly have created, I add) too.

Hell no!

What makes you think that a speech from a liar like Obama is gonna change all of that????

Reagan and the two Bushes created 93% of the National Debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

This mythology went so far that Dick Cheney famously said, "Deficits don't matter."

Reagan's own budget director, David Stockman, called the Reagan tax cuts a "trojan horse" to lower taxes for the rich.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

You're a nut-case. The Bush tax cuts are the only thing keeping the economy afloat, and you can't cut the military budget in any great measure while in the middle of 3 massive kinetic-military actions.

Also, a dose of reality needs to be inserted in this. Over-spending created 100% of the debt.

Hell no!

What makes you think that a speech from a liar like Obama is gonna change all of that????

Do you read my posts for content or have you simply assigned me a label and stopped bothering to think about what I write?

If you interpret my posts as DEFENDING Obama, you clearly don't have a clue what I've written.

Hell no!

Do you read my posts for content or have you simply assigned me a label and stopped bothering to think about what I write?

If you interpret my posts as DEFENDING Obama, you clearly don't have a clue what I've written.

My mistake. Judging from your prior posts you can understand why.

The point is elitists run our government on both sides. The Tea Party is trying to buck the trend and because of that they are called radicals when in fact they represent the average American.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

You're a nut-case. The Bush tax cuts are the only thing keeping the economy afloat, and you can't cut the military budget in any great measure while in the middle of 3 massive kinetic-military actions.

Also, a dose of reality needs to be inserted in this. Over-spending created 100% of the debt.

The Bush tax cuts were a huge mistake.

Lowering taxes for the rich is not what is "keeping the economy afloat."

Thanks for repeating the Republican myth that will destroy America.

http://www.reaganbushdebt.org/

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

ReaganBushDebt.org

It's not a Republican myth. It seemed plenty of Democrats voted for it. Only after the fact are they bitching about it.

So are you saying that because Obama signed the extension he was tricked into doing it? Was he fooled along with half the Democrats into believing that the economy would have taken a tremendous hit if the tax-cuts had expired thus raising everyone's taxes?

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

ReaganBushDebt.org
While spending trillions of dollars of money WE DON'T HAVE will fix that?
:cuckoo:

we're not going to tax those of us who are most vulnerable and are going to ask those of us who have profited the most from the system to pay their fair share.

It's all about shared sacrifice.

Remember that republicans?

Kudos obama...way to win back your support.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

can you really trust anyone that says.. "spot on"...I think not..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZKNYaIdvs]YouTube - "I will Follow Him (Obama)" Video Parody[/ame]

The debt is too large for gimmicks

ALL Areas must be up for scrutiny including taxes, social security, the military, entitlements.....

GOP wants to balance the budget on Medicare, Planned Parenthood and Public TV

I figure we start with fleecing the Liberals, then after you've been sucked dry you can go after the rich.

Obama's speeches are convoluted empty rhetoric. This is what helped him win the election: spewing garbage.

Fuck his speech. Lets start making the world a better place without his help!

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc[/ame]

Last edited:
Obama is offering $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases. The debt is too large to handle by spending cuts alone.

The role of our Military needs to be examined. Not just killing weapons systems that aren't popular. Our whole global mission and what other major players contribute needs to be modified. The US does not need to protect the world

How about we roll back the level of government spending to 2008 before the Stimulus Bill? That would cut $800B immediately.

Great idea....and we could roll taxes back to where they were in 2001. That would save $2 trillion off the national debt

Just roll them back in the blue states.

Forum List

Back