Obamas speech just ended and now the market is down 500

It would have done exactly the same thing if Obama didn't even speak today.

I like how you ignore the SPIKE in downturn right during his speach.
The spike happened between 2:05 and 2:25...was that when he was speaking?

I guess youve never experienced antisipation in your life. Sometimes it can be a good thing. Unfortunately this time it wasnt.

That hole in the sand on the beach is crying out your name

It's at -500.11 right now. This would have never happened if Palin was president. We would be prospering under her.

It's at -500.11 right now. This would have never happened if Palin was president. We would be prospering under her.

Are you saying McCain would have died? Last I checked, she wasn't running for President in 2008.

Always the faithful soldier lol. You just never give up. One minor detail though. This isnt a Palin thread and im pretty sure you dont own an alternate universe time machine.

I watched his speech. Typical Obama speech. Blamed everybody except for himself and his administration.

I didn't watch it. I can't stand to look or listen to the kenyan. He makes me feel like VOMITING.

But I was listening to Rush, and I heard snips, and as Rush pointed out, it's the same old shit, over, and over, and over, and over. obama knows nothing more than TAX and SPEND, MORE government, MORE regulations, KILL capitalism, KILL America. At this point, the man is a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER to America. Everything he does is BAD for America. Not ONE THING HE'S DONE, EVER, has HELPED America... NOT - ONE!

He should be impeached.

Last edited:
Been sudden upswing in past 1/2 hour. now at 11,100.60 -343.95

Not really surprising. The market is very volatile and there has been quite a bit of panic selling. It's not just the downgrade impacting the market either. Problems in Europe among other things are creating what can be considered a Perfect Storm.

As I pointed out in another thread - expect strong buying in the afternoon.
I will not be surprised to see -200 by days end.
(Revised from my -100 earlier, I didn't know the President would come out and say such stupid things to make the dow tank 300 points in less than an hour)

Not really surprising. The market is very volatile and there has been quite a bit of panic selling. It's not just the downgrade impacting the market either. Problems in Europe among other things are creating what can be considered a Perfect Storm.

Have to let the panic finish its run then let the bargain hunters come in

Should be interesting

I haven't lost a single dime in the market today.

What is it with the rest of you guys?

Didn't you consult your crystal balls on Friday?

Have to let the panic finish its run then let the bargain hunters come in

Should be interesting
If this is true: TREASURIES-US bonds soar; still safe haven despite downgrade | Reuters

Then how is the downgrade affecting the market? It must be some other factors.

It started on Friday, after the crashes in Europe. Like we've seen before, this is an event that takes several days to level out before we know how bad it is.

I like how you ignore the SPIKE in downturn right during his speach.
The spike happened between 2:05 and 2:25...was that when he was speaking?

I guess youve never experienced antisipation in your life. Sometimes it can be a good thing. Unfortunately this time it wasnt.

That hole in the sand on the beach is crying out your name
I'm not sure I'm following.....was that the time he was speaking?

Rush said that's because of our own government buying futures to give the "impression" that something the kenyan said gave someone some kind of new confidence.

obama scares businesses, obama scares investors, obama scares most Americans, obama is anything but pro business. Everything he does is anti business, anti American. He's a danger to this country.

Forum List

Back