Obama's "Read My Lips" Moment ---"If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It"

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
Read the whole post at Obama's "Read My Lips" Moment-- "If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It" -

George H. W. Bush and Barack Obama have many more differences than similarities, but each President will likely share a spot in the history books for the most infamous broken promises by a Commander-In-Chief.

In 1988, then presidential candidate George H. W. Bush stood before the Republican National Convention and delivered those now-famous words: “Read my lips: no new taxes.”

Just as Bush’s pledge energized and excited the Republican base, President Obama’s promise of “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan” reassured many Americans about the massive healthcare overhaul that the President and Congressional Democrats were pushing.

Now, a few years following the passage of the Affordable Care Act and a few weeks after the opening of the federal healthcare exchanges, Americans are coming to the realization that President Obama made a careless promise in the heat of the healthcare reform campaign that he had no intention of keeping.

Obama's "Read My Lips" Moment-- "If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It" -

Almost sounds like what they tell me at Burger King, only they are referring to the toppings I want in the burger. well at least I get to keep and enjoy my whopper !!!!

Forum List

Back